Quantcast Hall of Presidents

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Hall of Presidents

I saw this on Facebook, and I'm hoping it's an ugly rumour. It said that President Trump would not be given a speaking part and would just be an animantronic.

2. Thanks eam thanked for this post
  3.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

That will completely tick me off.

5. Likes eam liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It appears real, but as usual there are multiple reasons.

Obviously he's a very polarizing person and Disney doesn't want to make either group upset.. (good luck there)

But another major factor is (from the original article: )

"Another contributing factor to Trump's auditory exclusion is his own lack of participation and obstinance. Disney reportedly reached out to Trump starting in January, but there has been no compromising effort to get things moving."
    "No! Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try." -Yoda

7. Likes Lindsey, TheVBs, luvdiznee liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Before anybody starts to think this would be a historical slight to Trump, it would be a return to how things were prior to 1993.

9. Thanks Wayne thanked for this post
    Likes Lindsey, Wayne, Mendelson liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tekneek View Post
    Before anybody starts to think this would be a historical slight to Trump, it would be a return to how things were prior to 1993.
    Agreed. In the past, the new President didn't have a speaking part at the HOP. I think Abe Lincoln did most of the talking at one point! But we've gone through this with most new Presidents over the past couple decades. Most have been considered polarizing in some way or another. It's just the nature of the position and the nature of politics. I think Disney has done a pretty good job of honoring the important position of President of the US, not dictating actions based on the person or the political climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by baldburke View Post
    You better enjoy Toy Story 5 because a Toy Story 6 with Buzz seems unlikely.
    Whoa. What is Toy Story without Buzz?
    Carrie

CBR: 2/21-2/25/17
    POR: 6/4-6/11/16
    POFQ: 11/15-11/19/15
    8/28-9/1/14 -DL-Dumbo 19.3 C2C
    POR: 1/7-1/14/14 -Dopey 48.6
    POR: 6/11-6/17/13
    ASMu: 1/11-1/15/13 -1st Full 26.2
    ASMu: 9/22-9/28/11
    ASMu: 6/7-6/13/11
    Pop: 1/30-2/6/10
    Pop: 2/1-2/7/09
    Pop: 1/08
    ASMu: 05/06
    Off-site: 12/93

Post Thanks / Like

As others have said there is significant talk that they will be returning to the earlier version when current president's did not have a speaking role. Only 3 current presidents have had speaking roles, Bush (W), Clinton and Obama.

There has been much talk that this would be a way, in a highly politicized environment, to focus the hall of presidents on the role of the office of the Presidency, and not on any one person or party.
    "One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation, right at the start of everything thats new, one little spark lights up for you!"

șoș

Mom to our little Prince Everett and Princess Adelaide
    August 2020 Caribbean Beach!
    Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate.

13. Likes Fusillejerry, Lindsey, Hammer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dulcee View Post
    There has been much talk that this would be a way, in a highly politicized environment, to focus the hall of presidents on the role of the office of the Presidency, and not on any one person or party.
    This makes the most sense to me at this point.
    - Brian

First WDW visit: 1984, Village Resort
    Last WDW visit: 2015, Caribbean Beach
    Next WDW visit: 2018, Polynesian

Post Thanks / Like

And I would be completely fine with that!
    Cruises:
    Feb 12-16, 2012 (Dream), Oct 20-27, 2012 (Fantasy Eastern), Sept 8-12, 2013 (Dream) Jan 20-24, 2014 (Magic) Sept 14-18, 2015 (Dream) Sept 25-29, 2017 (Dream) Sept 22-29, 2018 (Fantasy Eastern) Sept 23-27, 2019 (Dream)

16. Likes Terra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

MODERATOR WARNING

Politics is a big at INTERCOT. There are plenty of online forums dedicated to that kind of talk if it's your thing, but not here. Please keep comments confined only to the area of the original post which is whether or not President Trump will have a speaking role. Any comments of a political nature, either for or against, will be removed.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled post.
    Ian șOș
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! ș0ș

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

18. Thanks luvdiznee, PopPhan thanked for this post
    Likes PopPhan, Dulcee, baldburke liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I just wanted a confirmation on the question I asked, and I guess I got the spin I expected. End of story.

Post Thanks / Like

That would be too bad. If the story about him not making himself available for a recording is true, then I hope they can work out a schedule to get him to record his speech. If Trump doesn't speak, I don't think we'll be in any hurry to visit HoP anytime soon.
    NEXT TRIP - DCL Fantasy Oct. 2016
    Yacht Club - Oct. '14, Dec. '15
    Poly - Dec. '07, '09
    Grand Flo - Too many times to keep track!
    CBR - May '10, Oct. '10, Dec. '11
    POR - Sept & Dec '03
    AoA - Oct. '12, Dec. '13
    Pop - May '11

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cer View Post
    Whoa. What is Toy Story without Buzz?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    MODERATOR WARNING

Politics is a big at INTERCOT. There are plenty of online forums dedicated to that kind of talk if it's your thing, but not here. Please keep comments confined only to the area of the original post which is whether or not President Trump will have a speaking role. Any comments of a political nature, either for or against, will be removed.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled post.
    Ha...looks like my comments didn't make the cut! No worries! While I didn't think they were that off-putting I'm not upset by the removal. Sometimes healthy discourse is helpful but I could see how it could quickly spiral. It is becoming harder and harder to look at anything without considering politics. I wonder if Walt would have even considered HOP if he was building WDW today in light of our political environment?
    Beth & David

09/82 Treehouse Villas, 06/86 BVP, 10/95 CBR, 10/99 DI, 08/03 PORS, 10/05 POP, 11/06 AKL, 09/09 POLY, 10/10 Wonder, 05/11 Dream/PORS, 08/13 POLY, 11/13 GF, 04/15 POLY, 11/15 BLT, 11/16 Aulani, 03/17 BLT, 08/18 BLT, 07/19 AKL, 06/21 BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Personally, I think despite whatever side you are on politically, it's best the show return to it's original form.
    John - aka. The Master Control Program
    Owner, Chairman & Chief Imagination Officer - INTERCOT

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by baldburke View Post
    I wonder if Walt would have even considered HOP if he was building WDW today in light of our political environment?
    I certainly hope so. It's history and it's important. There's an entire story around the Presidents themselves that is very important to be told.... As for the current political environment? Based on things I've read, it was every bit as difficult of an environment (if not more so) for 98% of the Presidential elections in this country. It's an important position - and when you have important topics being decided through history, there will be people in favor and against. Some of the elections in our past got pretty nasty.

I have to believe the topic of "politics" came up when Walt was putting this together many years ago. And I believe the attraction is a relevant today as it was 40 years ago and as it will be 40 years from now.

24. Likes baldburke liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

This is interesting. I wonder which part of the story is true - has Trump declined to participate in this, or has Disney realized that no matter who is president, there will be some who really, really dislike that person?

I actually enjoy this attraction - I like watching the "presidents" fiddle and move while each other are speaking. I would have gone to see it if Trump spoke, and I'll go to see it if he doesn't.
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Well, disappointing, but not surprising this hasn't been a high priority for POTUS. I would have really liked to keep up the trend of the newer presidents speaking. For me though, this is the way it has always been. I like this difference than the DL version w/ Lincoln.

If they want to roll back the clocks, then bring back the american store that was just outside that sold like tri-cornered hats, civil war caps, etc.
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings
    1990's, Dixie Landings, Misc Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

Darn it. I was hoping he would use this speech to explain what is "covfefe."
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dulcee View Post
    As others have said there is significant talk that they will be returning to the earlier version when current president's did not have a speaking role. Only 3 current presidents have had speaking roles, Bush (W), Clinton and Obama.

This. I have never understood why people would get worked up over an audio animatronic regardless of who you voted for in a presidential election. I go to this attraction once a presidential term, regardless if I voted for the person or not, and would have maintained this practice with the current President.

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Personally, I think despite whatever side you are on politically, it's best the show return to it's original form.
    What I have read is Washington and Lincoln would recite the speeches created for them in the post 1993 version and have the presidential roll call pre-1993 style, thus shortening the length of the attraction, since people now seem to have the attention span of a gnat!
    Christine șoș

Intercot Staff-Accommodations, Dining, Guests with Special Needs

Please support Intercot's Sponsors

29. Likes TheDuckRocks liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Okay...I'm a little embarrassed that I've never been to the Hall of Presidents. How can this be? My husband went during a trip with his parents way back in the 70s. He never really pushed the issue when the question of whether to take it in...or not, came up during our trips with the kids. Ah well. Maybe he and I will make it a point to see it this Nov.
    Nice work, pal.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: