Quantcast Hall of Presidents

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hall of Presidents

Has anyone heard anything about expected dates on reopening of Hall of Presidents?
    Everybody's got a laughing place!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Haven't hear anything but I am sure when it does it will be "greatly anticipated" and "huge".."the biggest grand opening the world has every seen. Trust me"..but the media will give us "false facts" about the success of it!

Post Thanks / Like

It's really odd that it is so delayed. I seem to recall originally they were talking about June. And now here we are in September with no date announced. There must be something more going on than just adding a new President to the show.

Post Thanks / Like

I heard a rumor of Dec (but I wouldn't say no to it reopening in 4 years)
    Cruises:
    Feb 12-16, 2012 (Dream), Oct 20-27, 2012 (Fantasy Eastern), Sept 8-12, 2013 (Dream) Jan 20-24, 2014 (Magic) Sept 14-18, 2015 (Dream) Sept 25-29, 2017 (Dream) Sept 22-29, 2018 (Fantasy Eastern) Sept 23-27, 2019 (Dream)

6. Likes Daisy'sMom liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I wish when they open, I could get a " Disney, Making America Great Again" hat. I'd go, see Trump take "office" twice.
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings
    1990's, Dixie Landings, Misc Offsite

8. Likes Gator liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

*****MODERATOR ALERT*******
    The OP simply asked about a reopening date, lets keep this thread on task or it will be closed. This is not a political forum.
    Last edited by VWL Mom; 09-15-2017 at 03:57 PM.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ThanxForNoticin View Post
    It's really odd that it is so delayed. I seem to recall originally they were talking about June. And now here we are in September with no date announced. There must be something more going on than just adding a new President to the show.
    This was posted on the DPBlog on June 27th

Since the Magic Kingdom Park opened in 1971, The Hall of Presidents has brought together a one-of-a-kind look at the office of the President of the United States through film and the magic of Disney’s Audio-Animatronics technology. Despite some media reports to the contrary, President Trump will have a speaking role in The Hall of Presidents, like every president since 1993. We have been working closely with the current White House — just as we have with previous administrations — and the president’s recording session has been scheduled. The attraction will re-open in late 2017.

Whenever we refurbish one of our attractions, we take the opportunity to consider a broad range of enhancements. In this case, The Hall of Presidents is getting a new show, and a complete theater upgrade including a new sound system, lighting and high-definition projection system. The multi-screen viewing experience you may have seen in prior versions of the attraction is returning with an even wider vantage point of our country’s history.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

11. Thanks williamabutler, homeschool mom thanked for this post
    Likes homeschool mom liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Glad to see the theater is getting upgraded. It will be nice to see what they have done regarding the "wider vantage point of out country's history". I thought the old show was a bit stale regardless of who the current president was.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by williamabutler View Post
    Glad to see the theater is getting upgraded. It will be nice to see what they have done regarding the "wider vantage point of out country's history". I thought the old show was a bit stale regardless of who the current president was.

The HD of the film will be nice. Like so many others, like Soarin, it needed it. Course, I wish Soarin wouldn't have gotten a new movie. I love HOF movie, as I enjoy American Adventure.
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings

Post Thanks / Like

I have never been a fan of the speaking role for the current President. I wish it would return to it's pre-1993 roll call in order to take the personalities of the current occupant of the office out of the picture.
    Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or imbeciles who really mean it - Mark Twain

15. Thanks williamabutler thanked for this post
    Likes Daisy'sMom, jiifigment liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne View Post
    I have never been a fan of the speaking role for the current President. I wish it would return to it's pre-1993 roll call in order to take the personalities of the current occupant of the office out of the picture.
    I agree, I would love to see this as well especially in our current partisan political climate (as evidenced by the comments whenever HoP comes up).

17. Likes jiifigment liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think that's the reason to keep doing it. Everyone gets a turn for a president they do like.
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings

19. Likes donnine, homeschool mom liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

By no means am I someone who has "sources", but I do know one guy who is an imagineer and he told me that they really have no idea when it will open. And while they have said that President Trump will speak, we all know things can change and he mentioned that they have given thoughts to completely changing to where some of the presidents deliver their most famous statements "Ask not what you can do for your country....." "Those who deny freedom to others, deserve it not for themselves; and, under a just God, can not long retain it." "The only thing to fear is fear itself" "Make america great". etc....
    Of course they may still do the original format where President Trump will speak.
    Have A Magical Day-1970-1989-offsite, 2002-DLR, 2003-DLR, 2005-Sports, 2007-All Music, 2008-POP, December 12-21 2009-Pop, January 16-18, 2010-Disneyland. Disney Sports-Feb 1-6, 2012, Disneyland-December 7 and 8, 2012, DIsney Pop-Feb 1-5, 2013 (my son's first trip.)

21. Likes jiifigment liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ransam View Post
    By no means am I someone who has "sources", but I do know one guy who is an imagineer and he told me that they really have no idea when it will open. And while they have said that President Trump will speak, we all know things can change and he mentioned that they have given thoughts to completely changing to where some of the presidents deliver their most famous statements "Ask not what you can do for your country....." "Those who deny freedom to others, deserve it not for themselves; and, under a just God, can not long retain it." "The only thing to fear is fear itself" "Make america great". etc....
    Of course they may still do the original format where President Trump will speak.
    Nope, to late. You said, its fact
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings

23. Likes williamabutler liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Totally apologize! I was just making a joke, I didn't mean to offend or make a political statement.

Post Thanks / Like

And while they have said that President Trump will speak, we all know things can change and he mentioned that they have given thoughts to completely changing to where some of the presidents deliver their most famous statements "Ask not what you can do for your country....." "Those who deny freedom to others, deserve it not for themselves; and, under a just God, can not long retain it." "The only thing to fear is fear itself" "Make america great". etc....
    I love that idea! Too bad it's educational, because that means it will never happen.
    First trip: 1992 with sister, last trip 2018 with grandchild, not done yet!

26. Likes jiifigment liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

This would be a very cool idea!
    "One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation, right at the start of everything thats new, one little spark lights up for you!"

șoș

Mom to our little Prince Everett and Princess Adelaide
    August 2020 Caribbean Beach!
    Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate.

Post Thanks / Like

Lol
    1981 - 2001
    1/02 - All Star Movie
    1/04 - POFQ
    1/06 - ASMov
    1/08 - ASMus
    5/09 - Contemporary
    5/11 - PC
    5/12 - ASM
    5/13 - Coronado Springs
    5/14 - Port Orleans Riverside
    6/5 - Shades of Green
    1/17 - A of A
    5/18 - POR
    9/19 - Caribbean
    11/19 - AKL
    4/21 - Pop Century
    12/21 - Polynesian

British Columbia, Canada (3408 miles from WDW!)
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bdm@pga View Post
    Haven't hear anything but I am sure when it does it will be "greatly anticipated" and "huge".."the biggest grand opening the world has every seen. Trust me"..but the media will give us "false facts" about the success of it!
    ~Lynne~

On deck, you scabrous dogs! Man the braces! Let down and haul to run free. Now...bring me that horizon

DCL 2008 Mexico, 2011 Alaska, 2013 Caribbean
    WDW 2000, 2003, 2005, 2007, 2010, 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
    Disneyland 2015, 2004,1993,1992, 1991,1973

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for sharing just wish we could get a date. we will be there in april fingers crossed!!
    WDW79, DL 81,82,83,91, WDW "2006 on site WDW "2007" off site WDW "2008" cruise 4days WDW "2008" off site 7days, "2009" off site 7 full days 7/21 to 7/29 "whos counting"

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: