Quantcast Can we talk about lag?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Can we talk about lag?

We all were talking about lag tonight caused by so many people in the room. Good lag, bad lag, definition of lag ("look under VMK in dictionary", I think that was Rocks who said that). I just want to know if it is just my computer or does it do this to everyone..... everytime there are so many of us in the room it takes a full 1-2 minutes for my response to show up on screen. My computer is about 5-6 years old. Would it help with a new bigger better shinier one? Or will I just get the same effect?
    I am a woman of many moods and they all require chocolate.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

It happens to me to Pink. What cat is thing is that send we are getting ready to get the Alice in Wonderland stuff in it's taking up to much data or something. I bet when Alice comes and all the bugs get fix(which u know there be some kind of Alice bug .) It should go back to the old way for a wild tell they come up with something else.
    DLand character wanted list.

1. DUMBO 2. BLUE FAIRY 3. TARZAN 4. BRER RABBIT 8. JOHN SMITH 9. LAUNCH PAD 11. LOTSO 14. GYPSY

Post Thanks / Like

I had to move to my slower machine since I was afraid of that window exception last night after fireworks. So I would type and you guys would see my words about 3-4 minutes later. That was bad.

When this happens, we always believe we are on a backup server. (Mansion has been horrible the last two hours of VMK for the last few weeks). Since staff is probably testing out the new build on the real servers. Has to be Monday I would think since the new staff rooms are open on Sunday and I don't believe they do the new stuff on a Sunday.

Post Thanks / Like

I was running on a 5 to 6 year old computer all last year, and had issues everyday with lag. Lag to me is just what it sounds like, your talk runs behind, you move sluggish and it takes a while to load rooms.
    Once I moved to a new bigger better shinier computer all my problems have gone away. I never have lag and am able to move around easily.
    Paging Mr.Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow. Your party from Saturn has arrived.
    Please give them a ring.

Post Thanks / Like

There are several causes for lag.

1. Your internet can't keep up with action in the room.

2. VMK can't keep up with the amount of players or activity in the game.

3. Your computer can't keep up.

It's difficult to pinpoint the problem since it can be any one of these or any combination of the 3.
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Former VMK alias figgiefig
    Intercot Staff
    Disney Tech - Software, Games & Web
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

Post Thanks / Like

I got a new computer and cable internet last year and I will still have problems with lag at times. I think a lot of the problems are with vmk....not always, but usually.
    Sonja

Spay and neuter your pets!

Post Thanks / Like

im glad other people are having this problem too i keep playing pirates and even two on two games have lag how boring hopefully it will get fixed soon
    New to the site but

VMK: MrDownTown

Post Thanks / Like

I have a really old computer that I still play VMK on (used to, in my beginning days before I moved to my laptop). It was okay, but occasionally I would freeze and keep walking in the same place.

I think the big reason why we were lagging was probably our computers/internet, or because we were all dancing and doing magic. Sometimes that slows things up and makes it lagg-y.
    Inferno. RIP VMK.
    -Happiest Place On Earth

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: