Quantcast Haunted Mansion Holiday?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Haunted Mansion Holiday?

I have a question: We go to WDW every year, but we have never been to Disneyland. I was wondering if they ever re-do the Haunted Mansion in WDW like they do for the one in Disneyland. Since I am a big fan of "The Nightmare Before Christmas", I was hoping they did...

Also, how long does it take them to do all of those renovations....goodness!
    Going back: May 23, 2008!!!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

They only do the "Nightmare Before Christmas" overlay at Disneyland, not at WDW. I think they close the attraction for about a month prior to put the overlay in and then a month after the holidays to take it down.
    1977 - Fort Wilderness
    1991 - Port Orleans FQ
    1998 - Wilderness Cabins
    2001 - All Star Music
    2002 - Dolphin
    2003 - Coronado Springs
    2005 - Polynesian
    2007 - Port Orleans Riverside, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Saratoga Springs
    2013 - Caribbean Beach
    2011 & 2016 - Pop Century

Post Thanks / Like

There have been rumor's left and right about it coming down here to Florida every year for awhile. With the rehab coming this year for the Mansion, I doubt that they will want to mess with things a couple month's after rehabing it. Especially if they decide to put anything new into the ride.
    ŴĐŴ∫âňăŧĭć aka David ºoº

Post Thanks / Like

they only make the DLR version of THM into the nightmare before christmas... to my knowledge they don't do anything special to the WDW version
    -Corey-

Excuse me? Are you lookin' at me? Did you rub my lamp? Did you wake me up? Did you bring me here? And all of a sudden you're walking out on me? I don't think so, not right now. You're getting your wishes, so sit down!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GenieOfPA View Post
    they only make the DLR version of THM into the nightmare before christmas... to my knowledge they don't do anything special to the WDW version
    Actually, Haunted Mansion Holiday runs at DLR in October well before Halloween through the 1st week of January. The ride closes mid-Septemberish through mid-Octoberish for installation.
    Michael aka: NotaGeek

INTERCOT Insider Live Podcast Staff
    WDW 1/6/16 - 1/11/16 - BRING ON THE COWBELLS!

Please s
    upport INTERCOT Sponsors!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBabe View Post
    ... Also, how long does it take them to do all of those renovations....goodness!
    Last season Haunted Mansion was closed from about the 10th of September until the end of that same month for the transformation to the Holiday version.

A week in to the new year it shut down for about two weeks to switch back to the regular grim grinning ghosts version.
    Linda aka tinkwest
    INTERCOT Staff ~ Disneyland Resort

Come On Everybody - Here We Go!!

“To all who come to this happy place: Welcome. ...”

Support our INTERCOT Sponsors!

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, 3,808.63 KM from the Magic Kingdom!
    Post Thanks / Like

NO, NO, NO, NO, NO!!!!

The Haunted Mansion was clsoed most of last year for a refurbishment. They ONLY close the ride for ONE DAY (NOV 30th, January 10 or 11th, usually) to change it. NOT FOR A WHOLE MONTH! and they ONLY do it at Christmas time!

I myself don't like the change. I perfer the regualr overlay.
    Walt was ½ Canadian!

DL, Aug 97; DL, Jul 01; DL, Aug 05; DL, Jan 06; WDW, Oct 06; DL, Dec 06; WDW, Nov 07; DL, Dec 07; DL, Jun 08; DL, Feb 09; DLP, Apr 09; DL, Sep 09; TDL, Oct 09; DL, Jun 10; WDW, Oct, 10; WDW, May, 13; WDW, Sep 14; HKDL, Sep 15, WDW, Mar 17; WDW Jan 19.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by battle beast View Post
    NO, NO, NO, NO, NO!!!!
    They ONLY close the ride for ONE DAY (NOV 30th, January 10 or 11th, usually) to change it. NOT FOR A WHOLE MONTH! and they ONLY do it at Christmas time!
    No, you are wrong. Sorry. I have been an AP holder at DLR for the past six years.

Haunted Mansion Holiday is available from the FIRST WEEK
    of OCTOBER -January 7, every year. Remember, it's as much about HALLOWEEN as Christmas.

The overlay takes approximately 3 weeks of "down time" to complete. It's faster to take down than to put up.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by battle beast View Post
    NO, NO, NO, NO, NO!!!!

The Haunted Mansion was clsoed most of last year for a refurbishment. They ONLY close the ride for ONE DAY (NOV 30th, January 10 or 11th, usually) to change it. NOT FOR A WHOLE MONTH! and they ONLY do it at Christmas time!
    What are you so angry about (using caps and the symbol)? No need!

As Natalie stated, you are wrong. With the detail that goes into that overlay, there is no way they could get all that done in one day. No way! If you are familiar with the movie, you know it has to do with both the Halloween and Christmas holidays, thus the overlay remaining in place for over two months.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Aw....oh well! I guess when we decide to take a trip to California, we'll have to go when they overlay the ride. I have to say, it's pretty impressive how quickly they are able to refurbish the whole ride...wow! I saw a video clip of it on YouTube.
    Going back: May 23, 2008!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBabe View Post
    Aw....oh well! I guess when we decide to take a trip to California, we'll have to go when they overlay the ride. I have to say, it's pretty impressive how quickly they are able to refurbish the whole ride...wow! I saw a video clip of it on YouTube.
    I would definitely plan on that. I was there mid November and was able to see both the Haunted Mansion and 'it's a small world' overlays. I'm so glad I did. Both are worth the price of admission. I believe the Mansion was open at the very end of September last year to coincide with their Halloween festivities.
    ¨¨*:•

"Here You Leave Today and Enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow and Fantasy!"

Post Thanks / Like

I also agree with Natalie since I have gone to everyone of the 6 first weekends that the Mansion Nightmare Before XMAS starts since its the time of my anniversary. The Mansion shuts down the Monday after Labor Day weekend and opens up the 1st Friday in October. Then closes the week after New Years Day.

I think what you are referring to about Mansion being closed last year was it was closed earlier in the year for the upgrade changing the brides room and some other things. It had reopened by 1st of May since I was there then and saw the new stuff.

If you are into Halloween, last year they started the Halloween Event in DCA and had the Big Thunder ranch done up for Halloween.

Small World normally closes in Oct and then reopens around the 2nd week of November. The Christmas Decorations and shows all start up same time. Then Small World goes down a little bit after Mansion by a couple weeks.

I tend to like the 2nd week of November. Christmas at the park is so magical and neat. But this year was a pain on that weekend since they were filming the Disney Christmas Parade they show at Christmas and that was a total mess.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: