Quantcast Resort Lost and Found really works!

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Resort Lost and Found really works!

We recently returned from a trip to WDW where we stayed at Caribbean Beach. It was our son's first trip (he was 6 months old), so we brought a lot of baby stuff with us. We're pretty good at packing, and when we left we thought we were fairly thorough when leaving, but we left a baby blanket behind. (we had an unfortunate incident with a porter on our way out that caused us to be a little disheveled- but that's another post) We realized this when we got to the airport.

Anyway - we decided it wasn't that important and we didn't call about it - but a few days later we received a post card in the mail that an item was waiting in the resort's lost and found for us - if we could identify it they would send it to us - and they did! How nice is that?

I just thought everyone might like to know how nice the resort lost and found is!
    PinKy
    Upcoming trips: July 2021 Big Family trip to Disney!
    Most Recent Trip: October 2020 MNSSHP Family Weekend away!
    DVC Members since 2009

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

That is a little extra Disney magic for you! Thanks for sharing!
    Danielle

First Trip: April 1977
    Last Trip:- June 15-June 27 BLT and Vero Beach
    Next Trip: June 20-30 Vero Beach

Post Thanks / Like

Default Nice Story

Thank you for sharing such a great story. It is nice that they took the time to contact you.

Are they charging you to get it back, or are they covering that charge also?

Hope you son enjoyed his first trip!

Post Thanks / Like

WOW! What a nice story to hear. Thanks for sharing that. Disney Magic at its best.

Poly--2010. POR 2010
    Poly and CR 2011
    POR- 2009
    Grand Floridian-2009
    Wilderness Lodge-2008
    Polynesian-2008
    Contemporary-2007
    Wilderness Lodge-2006 & 2006
    Off-Site-2006
    POR- YC POR 2005

CBR- 2004

Post Thanks / Like

On one of our trips one of the kids left their Harry Potter book in the drawer in the night stand. we received the post card and I called and they mailed it back to us at their cost and it was almost $8.00. another time we left a sweat shirt and they mailed that back to us also. They didn't charge us for that either that's just one of the things that makes Disney so magical for us.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lost

We've had similar experiences with Disney CM's. Our daughter's wallet (with drivers license and money!), our sons' (expensive) Hollister jacket, were both mailed back to us, and from different hotels to boot! The wallet was left at the Poly Hawaii bldg, and the jacket was left at Dixie Landings. I refuse to call it Port Orleans Riverside.
    '77- Offsite - '98,'99, '00, '01 - Dixie Landings; '01 - CS, Poly Cons, POR; '02 - WLV & WL; '03, '04, '05 - POR / Poly Cons.; 11-'05 AKL & Poly Cons.; '06 BCV & Poly Cons.; '07 POR & Poly Cons.; '08 SSV; '10 BWV & AKV; '12 BWV & AKV; '14 BWV & AKV; '15 BCV, BLV, BWV

Post Thanks / Like

Hi all~

While there in March, we spent a small fortune on the suffed Mickey's Minnie's and Donalds..well we left a Donald in the room and never even missed it (sad I know...but it was the kids $$ to do with what they wanted)..anyway, once we had been home almost a month, we received a postcard telliing us to call as we had left something behind..

They sent us the Donald and didn't even charge us for mailing it back to us....It was like getting a present from Disney!

DJ
    1978-offsite
    December 2003-POR
    June 2005-POFQ
    February 2006-Off site
    June 2006-POFQ
    March 2007-POFQ
    June 6-13, 2008- POFQ

Next: Christmas-New Year's Disneyland or World...not sure yet, but I will be at one!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

It is nice to hear something so positive about Disney. It seems we only tend to hear the negative stuff.
    1977 Ft.Wilderness
    1980 Ft.Wilderness
    1987 Off Site
    1992 Off Site
    1997 Disney Institute-Honeymoon
    September 2006 PORS
    Sept 2007 Wilderness Lodge!!!!
    August 2009 POP Century

Post Thanks / Like

One time my niece left her bathing suit in the room and when we called they couldn't locate it. They sent us four park tickets to replace the lost bathing suit. Now that is Disney magic!
    ºOº ºOº ºOº ºOº ºOº ºOº ºOº ºOº ºOº ºOº
    Amber

62 Miles from the Magic!!!!

Stayed at: All Stars Sports, Music and Movies; Dixie Landings; Port Orleans; Pop Century; Yacht Club

Post Thanks / Like

And even if it's not left in the room, people are great about turning stuff in. Both trips I have accidentally left something in the Riverside food court (1st time a Pal Mickey, 2nd time an autograph book). When I asked the concierge desk, they were able to locate it both times.
    Nov-Dec 2005- Port Orleans Riverside First Trip
    April - May 2007 - Port Orleans Riverside
    Nov-Dec 2007 - Wilderness Lodge for 40th Birthday
    April 2008 - Wilderness Lodge
    Next Trip - Nov-Dec 2010 - Wilderness Lodge for Mother's 75th Birthday

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eeyore's Pal View Post
    And even if it's not left in the room, people are great about turning stuff in. Both trips I have accidentally left something in the Riverside food court (1st time a Pal Mickey, 2nd time an autograph book). When I asked the concierge desk, they were able to locate it both times.
    THAT is really great to hear! I mean, I was glad to hear all the great reports about the resorts' lost and found, but knowing that a "regular Joe" could have found your stuff and so nicely turned it in is very refreshing to hear!
    Christi

2014: May--POR & US/IOA; Nov--POR (1st rD--JJ5k!)
    2013: May--POR
    2012: Jun--POP; Aug--POP/Hard Rock
    2011: Aug/Sept--US/IOA; Nov--POFQ
    2010: Dec--CSR
    2009: Sept--Poly GVCL
    2008: Sept--POFQ
    2007: Jan/Feb--POR; Sept: POFQ
    2004: Oct--CSR
    1987: off-site

Post Thanks / Like

I left my Space Mtn baseball cap on the table in the food court at the Land. I figured it was gone forever. I called L&F when I got home. It was turned in, and returned to me.

Post Thanks / Like

1) Disney Lost-and-Found folks are good at forwarding items.
    2) The CM's do a good job of turning-in lost items.
    3) MANY of the guests also return left items.
    4) It is nice to have such a magical place.

NOTE: Although there are stories of folks losing big things that don't get turned-in, there are lots of people who find expensive items and turn them over to CM's.
    Average Banjo Picker. Pretty-Good Sailing Master. Newly Ordained.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm so glad to hear everyone got their items back! Unfortunately my 3 year old lost his "blankie" on our last trip in December. We're pretty sure it got wrapped up in bedding in room. Called lost and found and laundry but alas; "blankie" was never located. Can't blame Disney though...."blankie" was white with very small print on it....everyone we spoke to about the situation though was very friendly and sympathetic to our situation.
    ---------------------------------
    DVC Member Since 04/08 Animal Kingdom Villas

CS 5/2010, SS 4/2010, AKV 11/2009, BW 5/2009,
    SS 2/2009, SS 10/2008, POR 7/2008, WC 8/2007
    POR 12/2006, POR 10/2005, POR 10/2004, FW 10/2002
    FW 10/1993, OS 12/1989

Post Thanks / Like

We went to Disney with our 8 month old during the busiest time of the year, the week before Christmas and New Year's. One day while at Animal Kingdom my daughter had kicked off her shoe while riding in the stroller and we did not notice until about half way through the park when we finally stopped to visit an attraction. Well, we tried to back track through the park but were not successful at finding the shoe. It was soooo crowded and the shoe was long gone. We went to lost and found at the end of the day and nobody had turned it in so we figured it was gone forever. Well about 2 weeks after returning from the world we received a package in the mail and it was her shoe! Somebody had found it and turned it in. They mailed it back to us and paid for the shipping. We were very impressed

July 2001--FW
    Christmas 2005--Offsite
    Oct 2007--GF
    May 2008--Pop
    Oct 2009--Poly
    Oct 2010--BW
    Nov 2010--CS
    Nov/Dec 2011--BW
    Feb 2012--GF
    April 2012--AS
    Sep 2012--WL
    April 2013--Fantasy (eastern carribean)
    Sep 2013-SS
    Sep 2014-Fantasy (western carribean)
    Jan 2015-CS
    May 2016-Fantasy

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eeyore's Pal View Post
    Seems to me that you need to keep up with your stuff better when you eat at the food court! Do what we do in the hospital... do a "Time Out" and double check EVERYTHING!
    Morgan- DVC, AP, Perfect Princess, Married at Disney
    Off-site * POFQ * ASMu * POR * FW * BWI/V * Dolphin * AKL-Jambo/Kidani * WL * ASSp * Swan * POP * CBR * OKW * CSR * ASMo * BLT * SSR * AoA * DCL-Platinum * DLParis * DLR

Post Thanks / Like

We had a lost and found situation as well and I was very impressed with how everything was handled.
    We had stayed at Pop for two nights almost 3 years ago when we had lost power due to Hurricane Jeanne (the irony in that does not escape me). My DS had brought his pillow and although I thoroughly checked everything several times before we left the pillow was overlooked because it was in a white pillowcase.
    Several weeks later I received a post card informing me of a found item. I called the number and spoke with a very nice woman. Because I'm on Disney property and know where the lost and found for Pop is located, I offered to come pick up the pillow but they were very nice about mailing it

Post Thanks / Like

We had a bit of Disney magic one time with a lost item as well.

We had purchased some awesome Princess sculpted crayons for our daughter. But it was our last day in the park, after checkout, so we left them with the front desk of the AKL. When we returned at the end of the day, the front desk could not find the crayons, though they looked everywhere. We were disappointed but we figured there was not much to do about it.

Only a week after we returned home, we got a package in the mail. It was a set of crayons, not the correct ones, but really cool twisty ones though. We were happy.

Then we got a phonecall, asking if we got them? Yes thank you so much. And were they the right ones? No but they're great thank you still. What did the real ones look like?.....

And another two weeks later, they mailed us a set of the real ones. Both sets of crayons at their own expense. Plus the crayons we got were only sold in one location at Disney!

These CMs went all out! That wonderful magic brings tears to my eyes.

Post Thanks / Like

Gotta love Disney's Lost & Found! Two years ago my niece lost her little backpack that had her cash, room key and assorted other stuff. By the time we got back to the hotel room there was a message telling us they found it and where we could pick it up.

On the same trip but different day, the same niece left her camera on POC. We went back and they were able to find it.

<<We really should tie things around said niece's wrists so they can't get lost!>>
    1981 - offsite
    1982 - Golf Resort
    1983 - DD Hilton
    1985 - offsite
    1987 - offsite
    8/2001 - Polynesian
    5/2002 - POR
    9/2003 - Polynesian
    1/2004 - POP Century
    4/2005 - Polynesian
    8/2005 - Yacht Club & AKL
    8/2007 - Boardwalk Villas
    4/2008 - Boardwalk Inn

Post Thanks / Like

My sister lost her wallet in MGM. A few days later, the desk called the hotel and said they had had it turned it. It was out the 9 bucks that was in there but at least she got back the things she needed in order to fly home.....like her ID.
    1988 Family Trip as a kid (offsite)
    1989-Family Trip (First time at MGM)
    2001-Daytrip
    2003-Trip with Friends (First time AK)
    2005-Sept 25-30-POP Century
    2006-Sept 25-Oct 1- All Star Music
    2007-Sept 9-17-All Star Music
    2008-closing of PI only
    2009-May 21-22 Disneyland/DCA

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: