Quantcast All Star Sports

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: All Star Sports

Post Thanks / Like

Default All Star Sports

My two boys and I (11, 9) are going August 26th to the 31st and are staying at All Star Sports. We have never stayed there but I know when we stayed at All Star Music it seemed that the bus drop off was always the farthest away from the park entrances. Is this true? Also any other things we should be aware of?

Thanks for your help.
    1995 Wilderness Lodge-Honeymoon and First Trip
    1997 AllStar Music
    1998 Dixie Landings
    2000 Port Orleans French Quarter
    2004 CBR
    2006 Port Orleans Riverside
    2008 Blew off seminar went for a day trip while in Daytona.
    2015 Coronado Springs
    2015 Wilderness Lodge-20 year anniversary

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We stayed there in 04 and really enjoyed it. My DS5 (at the time) loved it. I requested the back side of Surf's Up building and was granted that. It was close to the pool without it being right outside our door and very close to the bus stop and main building. We loved the pool and the arcade. Even washing clothes was easy! We were the first to be picked up and the first to be dropped off each time we got on the bus or off. Took awhile to get to parks, but we liked the big sports icons. We are a sports lovin' family!!

Post Thanks / Like

It all depends on which park you are talking about. Because the layout of each bus station is different at each park they have to assign "stalls" to each resort based on how effectively they can get the buses in and out. I found out during a seminar I attended at Disney just how much data Disney has on their rider loads from each resort and park at various times of the day! Based on all that information, they chose "stall" locations to keep things moving.

Hope that makes sense! By the way, even if your bus is in the first "stall," when you are leaving the park and have tired feet and even more tired kids the walk is going to feel like a major hike!!

Post Thanks / Like

We just came back about 2 weeks ago from a 6 night stay at Sports. When we first got there I thought, oh gee, should have booked a moderate (stayed at "dixie landings" last). BUT, was kind of glad after the fact b/c we were hardly in the room at all, never swam, and in fact didn't even see the baseball pool. BUT, I thought the transportation was horrible. We would not stay there again b/c of it. Seems we were always waiting for a bus or standing on the bus when it actually came. It is the first to pick up so in the morning it is not bad b/c you can get a seat. But in the afternoon it is always coming from a park and only the sports people will get off so chances are you wont get a seat. When leaving a park you will get a seat if you are in first in line (which also means you probably just missed a bus and will be waiting a while for the next) or you will stand b/c there are so many people going to those resorts. The transportation was the only thing we disliked about our trip.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: