Quantcast Accident at Animal Kingdom - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

The evacuation platform they are talking about is a metal structure on rollers that the CMs can push up the incline next to the lift at the beginning of the ride. Guests are told to step from their raft onto the platform and then down some steps to exit.
    Ron
    INTERCOT Staff
    WDW Cast Member
    Expedition: Everest
    Kali River Rapids

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh my! So the platform itself may have malfunctioned? That would have been really scary on top of being evacuated. Those poor people.

We were at Disney's California Adventure in 2005 when the California Screamin' roller coaster malfunctioned and people were slightly injured. There were four helicopters swirling around the park, but we had no idea what happened until we got to our hotel room that night and saw it on the news.

We were also at WDW when the guy stepped off the Splash Mountain log and was killed. We found out the ride was closed but didn't know why. I think we're bad luck!

Post Thanks / Like

Does Disney comp people's stay or something when some unfortunate incident like this occurs? I know we live in an "age of entitlement" which I sorely despise, but I DO think they should make some sort of reparations. These folks, at the least, missed a day of their vacation in the emergency room.
    Wilderness Campgrounds ('77)
    Villas ('88)
    Off Site ('91)
    AK Lodge ('04)
    AS Sports ('05)
    AS Music (April '06)
    Pop (Sept. '06)
    OKW (Feb. '08)
    BCV/SSR (June '08)
    SSR (Nov. '08)
    AKV (Kidani Village)/BWV (June '09)

Post Thanks / Like

This was on our local news this morning. Two of the "victims" were from this area and are 18 year olds on their senior trip. The news said they were treated and released.
    Sandy G.

First Vacation Trip-DXL, August, 2000
    Last Trip-Yacht Club December 2017
    Next Up-The Swan December 2018
    Many In Between

Post Thanks / Like

So...did anyone see the "Are Theme Parks Safe for Your Children" story on Fox News this morning? This is getting ridiculous. They made it sound like WDW is falling to pieces, because of the "lack of attention paid to these 30 year old rides". Yes...people got hurt, and I hope they are okay...it sounds like they are. But accidents happen. The simple fact is, the ride TO the theme park is FAR MORE DANGEROUS than any rides IN the theme park. I think they should run a story about how RARELY accidents happen at theme parks across the country.

I feel better.
    Steve

Ohana means family....
    Schultzy means crazy family!

Last Trip: November 2015 At POP

Next Trip: May 2017 at POP...again. Unless the FP+ thing isn't worked out. Then we'll go to Dollywood. Or just stay home and look at pictures.

Post Thanks / Like

Gee, I had no idea Kali was 30 years old. They must have built the park around it.....
    "There's a great big beautiful tomorrow shining at the end of every day..."

1973- Disneyland
    1981- WDW- OS
    1991- WDW- OS
    1995- WDW- CBR
    2000- WDW- DLR
    2001- WDW- ASM
    2009- WDW- POFQ
    2010 (November)-WDW POR
    2015 (December...with the grandkids)WDW ASM
    2019- WDW- POR

Post Thanks / Like

First, it was Fox News. Second, the line about 30 year old rides? AK hasn't even been in existence 10 years and I can hardly think of any ride at WDW that is 30 y.o. Third, how often do accidents actually occur? I mean ones that result in real injuries: broken bones, stitches, concussions, etc. And when you consider the millions of people at amusement parks everyday, that would make parks safer than the office! Plus Disney always gets blasted first. They are the biggest name in amusement parks. Just like McDonald's is always the target of blame for Americans unhealthy eating habits. They are the biggest name in fast food, but probably not the unhealthiest!

It sounds like everyone is okay,which is good, and if I know Disney, those involved will receive something for their troubles-free nights, free meals, personal meet/greet or something.

Leaving in 5 Weeks for the Most Magical Place on Earth!
    That's not funny! And I know funny! I'm a clown fish!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrerSchultzy View Post
    So...did anyone see the "Are Theme Parks Safe for Your Children" story on Fox News this morning? This is getting ridiculous. They made it sound like WDW is falling to pieces, because of the "lack of attention paid to these 30 year old rides". Yes...people got hurt, and I hope they are okay...it sounds like they are. But accidents happen. The simple fact is, the ride TO the theme park is FAR MORE DANGEROUS than any rides IN the theme park. I think they should run a story about how RARELY accidents happen at theme parks across the country.

I feel better.

Leave it to Faux News...
    Many, many visits since 1973....

Post Thanks / Like

I was there at AK on Tuesday and was wondering why it was closed. I can't believe that happened!! I hope that the six people will be ok.
    Disney Maniac

My WDW Trips
    2007 Dec. AKL
    2007 May/June AKL
    2006 July WL
    2003 Offsite (!!Never Again!!)

Next Trip....
    2008 July Poly

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: