Quantcast Ideas for finding each other in parks, etc.

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Question Ideas for finding each other in parks, etc.

I had an idea, and wondered what others might think... not sure if this is already being done, but I haven't read of it anywhere...

What do you guys think of finding something we could carry to identify ourselves as I'cot people? (Besides wearing I'cot t'shirts, etc... I have one, but once I've worn it, that's it for the wknd, etc. )
    I have a friend who belongs to this site as well as another one, and she said she's heard of some neat ideas, from people laminating the Mickey Mouse shaped paint chips @ Home Depot and attaching them to their backpacks, etc., to certain keychains, etc., just so that you recognize people when you're out in the parks. Does anybody think this is a good idea? I personally like the laminated Mickey Mouse paint chip idea - but we'd all have to be the same color, as I guess other groups are certain colors... anyway - just an idea - what are people's thoughts on this?

(And it wouldn't have to be just for this weekend, of course - I'd love to spot other Intercot'ees when I'm down @ other times, too!! )

... if this is best posted elsewhere so others who can't attend the anniv. wknd can join in on the discussion, please feel free to move it! Thanks!
    Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -
    May '17 DL OR June '17 CBR

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I won't be there that weekend but I would definately carry something that signified that we are from Intercot when I am there (in August! ). T-shirts are great, but like you said, once you've worn it, that's it unless you want to wash it every night. Hats are good too but not everyone wears a hat. I love the Mickey paint chip idea but I wouldn't want to copy another site's idea plus not everyone lives close to a Home Depot. I was actually thinking of using the logo from the server drive T-shirt. On my computer, I can save the picture into the My Pictures section on my computer and then print it on card stock and laminate it. It could then hang from a backpack or bag (or wherever else you prefer) like the paint chips do. Or, instead of the logo, we could all use a copy of JohnY's avatar!
    Kathy șoș

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:
    6/13, 4/13, 7/12, 7/11, 1/11, 8/10, 7/09, 3/09, 8/08, 8/07, 12/06, 9/05, 7/03, 7/98, 5/96, 8/93, '70's X 2

Post Thanks / Like

If I can get my non-creative rear end in gear, I'm thinking of making some shirts for myself w/ my SN on it, as well as something funny, like one of my quotes from my sig. But, knowing me, I'll either not get it done, or it will look so bad.

I like the idea bout the Mickey ears. I would think that Navy blue would work, as its the main color of the boards.

Or just something w/ the logo. When people meet up, they hand them out (and give extras for those who see the card or tag and say "Happy Anniversary!" while around the parks). Every time there's a meet or activity, you make sure everyone has their tag and some extras for those who can't make the meets but are around in the parks.

With either of those, you could attach them to your lanyard, backpack, stroller, child, shoes, sunglasses, cell phones, underwear, etc (ok.. I exaggerated)

Getting them might be a little difficult, but if those of us who live around Home Depots, we could pick them up, cut them out, and either get them laminated or mail them to someone who can get them laminated, then use white kite string and viola!

Did that just sound too complicated?

Other than shirts or hats, this seems to be the best idea. I don't have many ideas, so, sorry for not coming up with anything.

Too bad they use wristbands too much in the parks.. that would have been a good idea.
    Morgan- DVC, AP, Perfect Princess, Married at Disney
    Off-site * POFQ * ASMu * POR * FW * BWI/V * Dolphin * AKL-Jambo/Kidani * WL * ASSp * Swan * POP * CBR * OKW * CSR * ASMo * BLT * SSR * AoA * DCL-Platinum * DLParis * DLR

Post Thanks / Like

There are always the Intercot pins you can get from the store - John still has some of 5 year ones left. I have one of the original ones and a five year one and I get lots of admiring glances from CMs and other pin collectors when they see them on my lanyard.
    Mikki
    INTERCOT staff - DVC, Characters, Collectibles and Games

2017 Feb WDW Festival of Art and hopefully winter sunshine
    2017 Aug Disneyland bound

Post Thanks / Like

Posted by kakn7294
    I won't be there that weekend but I would definately carry something that signified that we are from Intercot when I am there (in August! ).
    Your trip will overlap with mine. You are leaving a couple days after I get there.
    Disney World: 10/92 Yacht Club, 11/96 Disney Institute, 12/00 Yacht Club, 6/05 Beach Club, 8/06 Shades of Green, 8/07 Caribbean Beach Resort, 10/07 Coronado Springs, 12/08 French Quarter, 3/10 All Star Sports, 4/12 Port Orleans Riverside

Disneyland: 1987, 1997, 2002, 2008, 2010, 2013

Post Thanks / Like

I was actually thinking of using the logo from the server drive T-shirt. On my computer, I can save the picture into the My Pictures section on my computer and then print it on card stock and laminate it. It could then hang from a backpack or bag (or wherever else you prefer) like the paint chips do.
    There are always the Intercot pins you can get from the store - John still has some of 5 year ones left. I have one of the original ones and a five year one and I get lots of admiring glances from CMs and other pin collectors when they see them on my lanyard.
    I really like both of these ideas - Mikki, do you think there would be enough pins for everyone to get one?? Even though I wasn't a member 5 yrs ago, I think it'd be a neat thing to do. Otherwise, downloading and laminating an Intercot symbol is a great idea, too -- anyone have a preference, or another idea to add in??
    Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -

Post Thanks / Like

I'm going to have free time this summer so I think I'm going to make some of my own t-shirts. I'm brainstorming some ideas now.
    ~Nikki~
    Last Trip: February 2024
    Next Trips: April 2024

Post Thanks / Like

We will be selling light up INTERCOT pins that will be available at all scheduled events. Price is to be determined but they should be $10 or less.

We can make them available in advance as well but that means adding $5 for shipping.

So, anyway - we have you covered.
    John - aka. The Master Control Program
    Owner, Chairman & Chief Imagination Officer - INTERCOT

Post Thanks / Like

But... not all of us do the pin thing... I mean... I'll bring my lanyard.. just cuz its easier to put my park ticket and FPs in rather than pulling my wallet out of my purse/backpack... but... I haven't worn pins in a while... I guess I need to start back up eh?
    Morgan- DVC, AP, Perfect Princess, Married at Disney
    Off-site * POFQ * ASMu * POR * FW * BWI/V * Dolphin * AKL-Jambo/Kidani * WL * ASSp * Swan * POP * CBR * OKW * CSR * ASMo * BLT * SSR * AoA * DCL-Platinum * DLParis * DLR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JohnY View Post
    We will be selling light up INTERCOT pins that will be available at all scheduled events. Price is to be determined but they should be $10 or less.

We can make them available in advance as well but that means adding $5 for shipping.

So, anyway - we have you covered.

As usual, you've thought of everything... Thanks so much!! They sound great - esp. for @ night. If we are interested in getting them early, will you be posting info on that at a later date?
    Blythe

Past trips -

Next -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dsnygirl View Post
    As usual, you've thought of everything... Thanks so much!! They sound great - esp. for @ night. If we are interested in getting them early, will you be posting info on that at a later date?
    As soon as we are clear of the server drive and mailing all the shirts out - we'll be looking to order the pins.

Probably will start selling them in June if I was to guess right now.
    John - aka. The Master Control Program
    Owner, Chairman & Chief Imagination Officer - INTERCOT

Post Thanks / Like

I love the pin idea. I don't feel that I have to wear a lanyard to wear it. I put stuff on my camera bag strap and ppl can put it on a hat etc. I think it would be fun.
    Next
    DD, DS @ AKV Dec 12 SSR 12-16

AKV Savannah 8/08
    ASMu my BD 4/08 w/ Angel & MrsSgtT
    SSR 10/07 BWV-12/06
    Pop-05 04 03 1st Nighters
    OKW-97 96 Poly- 89 87 86 CR:72
    Offsite:8xs FW:83 82 82 DL 67,68,71

Post Thanks / Like

I will probably have a shirt with disneydeb screenprinted on the back. Anyone else?
    your screen name ot mine of course.
    first visIt: November 1973
    next planned visit: October, 2013 with friends
    resident Fairy Godmother

hearts are warmed when friends meet

see ya real soon

~*~*~*disneydeb*~*~*~

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Cheek tattoos

What about cheek tattoos?
    Lanny
    Have been going to WDW since 1981
    Have a Great Day
    Health and Happiness to all Disney Freaks

Post Thanks / Like

Depends on which cheeks, doesn't it!??
    resident Fairy Godmother

see ya real soon

~*~*~*disneydeb*~*~*~

Post Thanks / Like

Post Both

Both - That way we will know no matter if you're comin' or goin'. OK I'm done.
    Lanny
    Have a Great Day

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by hoop de do View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by disneydeb View Post
    Depends on which cheeks, doesn't it!??
    Both - That way we will know no matter if you're comin' or goin'. OK I'm done.
    Think I'll stick with the pin idea...
    Blythe

Past trips -

Next -

Post Thanks / Like

This weekend I got one cheek tattooed. It hurt so much, I don't think I can go through with getting the other three done.
    resident Fairy Godmother

see ya real soon

~*~*~*disneydeb*~*~*~

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Which Cheek?

Which cheek did you get done? I was going to get a reduced price for all four at the same time but maybe I'll wait if it's so painful. Also, two of mine cost more because of size I guess. How about you?
    Can't wait to see everybody's. Talk to ya' later.
    Lanny
    Have a Great Day

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: