Quantcast Wacky Clan in the CASTLE! - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the pic, Jeanne!!! I am just so happy for them
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

WOW this is so unbelievable! And you know what? Just reading everyone's responses to the news that one of "ours" won is tremendous. It just goes to show you what an incredible community we have here.

Now - bring on the details, Ian!
    Carol (aka KylesMom)
    INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous & Trip Reports
    Last Trip: ICOT 15
    Happy A/P Holder 2002 - 2011

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation

We're back!! They just dropped us back off at Pop a few minutes ago.

So ... I won't keep you waiting ... here's what it was like:

So I already told you how we won and what that was like. I'll pick up from where they got us at our resort ...

We're in the lobby at Pop and a VIP Tour Guide comes up to us to pick us up. She takes us out front to a big Suburban with a Disney logo on the door and we get in for the ride to Magic Kingdom. We entered the park via backstage ... if you've ever ridden the monorail and looked down near the entrance you can see a little guard booth there (between the Contemporary and the MK gates). That's the entrance we went in.

We walked out from backstage and onto Main Street and they took us all the way up to Frontierland where we waited for our parade to start. This was in the little backstage area behind Splash Mountain where the train crossing is. There were a few marching bands that came through while we were there, which Taylor really liked. Jake wasn't a big fan of the train whistle, though. It scared him silly every time the train came by!

Finally our little car came to pick us up and we climbed in. They gave us those special YoaMD mouse ears (the silver ones that you can only get if you win them) then they took our picture in the car (which had a banner on the side that said Castle Suite Winners!) and then we were joined by Daisy Duck. Taylor loved that!

When the parade started they announced us over the PA system in the park (Join us in congratulating the Mitchell family from Colmar, PA!, etc.). So we cruised the parade route and waved and smiled at everyone. It was really cool! Everyone was waving at us and smiling and yelling to us. Taylor was in her glory! She's giving her princess wave to everyone and smiling.

So we arrive down on Main Street and they give us a VIP spot to sit for the rest of the parade. After that we had to put our special YoaMD ears on and have our publicity photo taken. And then it was time to actually go see the suite!

They walk us up under the Castle and to the "Magic Door" that takes us up to the room. Our guide knocks on the door and another CM answers and lets us into the entry way. There we board the "autoMagic" elevator up to the suite lobby.

The lobby is gorgeous! There's all these panels from Cinderella around the ceiling and a glass display case with a pumpkin and Cindy's crown and glass slipper. They gave us special room keys that say, "Cinderella Castle Suite" on the top that Taylor used to let us into the suite itself.

There's really not much to say other that yes ... it's as unbelieveable as it looks. It's so plush and fancy it's just crazy. I could spend a year in the bathroom alone. It has this great shower stall and a HUGE whirlpool tub that has a star field above it. The tub also has lights in it that change color, so you get this great atmosphere lighting under the water. There are these beautiful, one of a kind mosaics all around the tub and it has one of those cool waterfall faucets to fill with.

The sink area has two of these bronze, deep basin sinks and these old-fashioned faucets. You get special bathrobes to wear, monogrammed with Cindy's "C" logo and all the bath towels also have her logo on them.

In the main room there is a writing desk that has all these great knick-knacks in it (like little slippers and crowns and stuff) and then the two queen-sized beds with Cindy's logo above them. Next to the one bed is a big stained glass window and there's a HUGE portrait of Cinderella above the faux fireplace that actually morphs into a big plasma T.V. when you push the "secret" button.

Off the bedroom is the parlor that has two really big stained glass windows (one looks out over Fantasyland and one looks up into Liberty Square) and another plasma T.V. In this room is a fridge stocked with drinks and two DVD players (one for the bedroom and one for the parlor). There's a big "royal" looking sofa and a little futon. In a case by the one window is a telescope that you can use to look out the windows. Although honestly it didn't work very well at all because of the stained glass.

So they gave us the choice of relaxing in the suite or going out in the parks for awhile before dinner. We opted to stay in the suite, so Taylor watched a movie in the parlor while Trish and I relaxed and Jake took a little nap. I gave the whirlpool a try, too. Very luxurious!

Around 5:15, our friends who won with us came back to the park and they came up to the suite to hang out for awhile. At 5:45, they came up and took us down to CRT for dinner, which was fun. Taylor got a special meet and greet with Cinderella and they took a ton of pictures for us (which they gave us for free).

Dinner was really good (most of us got the prime rib which was yummy and Brian got the chicken, which he said was good too). During the meal they announced us to the room and we got a big round of applause, which was fun. Taylor really ate it up.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Wow! That's all I can think of to say! I am so thrilled for you and your family Easily the experience of a lifetime, huh? Hope you'll share some pictures later Continue to enjoy your trip!
    Kelly

4/98 Offsite
    11/03 Make a Wish Trip
    8/05, 4/07, 4/08, 4/09, 4/11, 4/12, 4/13, 4.14
    Sheraton Vistana Resort
    11/07 Hilton Grand Vacations Sea World

Next Trip: 04/15 Sheraton Vistana

Give the Gift of Life; Be an Organ Donor!!

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

After dinner, we went out into the parks to hit some rides. Our VIP guide said he'd take us right to the front of all the lines, no waiting, so we took full advantage!

We rampaged through Fantasyland and tried to get on Haunted Mansion but it broke down. By the time we finished Fantasyland it was time for Spectromagic, so we walked down through the Castle to our viewing area. Unfortunately, Jake had absolutely had it by this time and was wiped out. He was cranky as anything so Trish decided to take him back to the suite to sleep.

It was just Taylor, Brian, Jo and I who went to watch Spectro. This part was a teeny-weeny bit of a letdown. The VIP area we went to had a bunch of other people there and they didn't even have any seats left for us. We had to sit on the ground. The area itself was right on the little bridge between the castle hub and Liberty Square, so it was a good spot but I could sit on the ground anywhere, you know? But Taylor loved the parade and got lots of attention from the characters. She really enjoyed it, so it was okay with me too!

The fireworks viewing was even odder though, because our "VIP area" was nothing more than standing in the hub area with all the rest of the people. In fact, we couldn't even really see because some guy stood right in front of us the entire time. Even so, though, it was still incredible.

After the fireworks ended, we went back to riding the rides. We hit Tomorrowland and finished up Fantasyland, too. By this time it was like 11:30 and Taylor was just wiped out (I was pretty beat myself really) so we headed back to the suite for the night.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

pogo Guest

This was so cool and it was even cooler for you to report on it so quickly. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Post Thanks / Like

What a fantastic report and what great luck!!

Ian your family looks pretty thrilled in the photo Jeanne shared.

Thanks so much for sharing this with us. What a treat!!
    Natalie
    Feb 2001 off site Jan 2002 All star movies Dec 2002 All star sports jan-04 Poly Nov 2004 pofq Nov 2005 Pors Mar 06 at PORS CBR Dec 2006 POR sept 21-30 2007 oct 2008 poly and akl, dec 2008 pop and VWL

Post Thanks / Like

That is the kind of stuff dreams are made of!!! I am so jealous!!!!
    Upcoming trips to DL Hojo's Oct 19-25 and Pop Cen Dec 30 09-Jan 06 10

Pop Cen, Wilderness L, Disney Wonder, Coronado Spr Mar 8-16 09
    Pop Cen Dec 13-19 08 Jan 12-18 08 Sept 15-22 07 Jan 15-21 07 Sept 28-Oct 5 06 Aug 5-12 05
    All St Music Jan 6-11 05

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, what an incredible experience! I am so happy for you guys. Congrats again and thanks for sharing!
    Trips: Too Many to Count! Last Trips: April 2013 CSR; July 2013 Aloha Aulani, The Sequel, Hawaii. Multiple trips to WDW, DL, DCL!

Coming up: September 2013 "Scary September" at Disneyland/DCA/Universal Hollywood.

Proud DVC Members since 2004!

Post Thanks / Like

Ian, thanks for the quick report. Taylor sounds like she had a fabulous time
    Now, where are the pics??????

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the awesome report & Congrats on winning the stay in the suite!!
    April

Remy: You gotta taste this! This is... oh, it's got this kind of... mmm, it's burny, it's melty... it's not really a smoky taste. It's kind of like a certain... Pshah! It's got like this " Ba-boom! Zap!" kind of taste. Dont you think? What would you call that flavor?
    Emile: Lightningy?

Post Thanks / Like

How wonderful to have a VIP guide Thanks for updating us on all the festivities.
    Karen
    2001 ASMo, 2003 Royal Pacific and Poly, 2004 Beach Club, 2005 Cabins at FW, 2007 Poly, 2008 Poly and Hard Rock, 2009 Portofino and Poly, 2014 Royal Pacific and Kidani

Post Thanks / Like

Ian, I'm so happy for you guys! Thanks so much for sharing - it's so great to hear that one of our own won. It's almost as good as winning myself. My last thought last night before I went to sleep was: "Wow, someone from Intercot is sleeping in the Castle tonight and I get to hear all about it!" I can't wait to see those pictures - I loved the one Jeanne posted - how great was it that she was there to share in your magical moment!
    Kathy ºoº

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:
    6/13, 4/13, 7/12, 7/11, 1/11, 8/10, 7/09, 3/09, 8/08, 8/07, 12/06, 9/05, 7/03, 7/98, 5/96, 8/93, '70's X 2

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations! and Thanks for Sharing your experience!
    What a dream!
    Lori Ann
    Mother of twin 9 year old girls
    Dixie Landings 11/96 (honeymoon)
    Dixie Landings/Cruise 12/2000
    CBR 11/2005
    Riverside - 9/2006,
    FQ - 11/2007, 9/2008, 9/2009
    CSR 5/2010, AKL 5/2010 (split stay)
    FQ 11/2010
    CSR 11/2011
    CBR 05/2012
    GF 06/2012
    CSR 11/2012

Post Thanks / Like

Well, Ian's description of how they won should hopefully go a long way in helping to dispell the rumours that there is some way of "working the system" to make sure you win.

Congrats, I am so happy that we finally have someone who has been on the inside for the full experience!! It gives the rest of us hope that it might happen to us!

Post Thanks / Like

How magical!
    I'd opt to hang out in the suite too- rides I can do anytime. I've seen pics of that whirpool- and it really does look amazing- I am so glad you gave it a try!

Dinner sounded good. I'm glad your friends were able to join you for that and come up to see the suite.

Enjoy the rest of your trip now.
    Linda
    aka: wendy*darling

INTERCOT Staff:
    Disney & Orlando Dining/Nightlife, Shopping & Water Parks/Disney Vacation Club

DVC owners at WLV, BCV and SSR
    Next up: VWL & POFQ Dec 2009 - just adults!
    On Deck: DCL Wonder Dec 2010... but I'm sure we can come up with something before then!

Post Thanks / Like

So Ian, still think the YOAMD is the most boring promotion ever???

I'm SO happy your family won, though! I enjoyed reading about it and can't wait to see the pictures.

Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Ahh! Thanks so much for the report! I'm so excited to see the pictures. I've been telling every Disney fan that I know all about how "a family from Intercot, the online community that I'm a member of, won a stay in Cindy's castle!!"

I'm so happy for you and your family. What an experience that must have been! I bet you couldn't come down from cloud 9 for quite a while. What a change you had to go back to... Cindy's castle to Pop! haha. I'd love to hear about what its like when its time to go the next morning. That's one thing I haven't heard much about anywhere.

Congrats again!!!!
    -Stacey

"There is a natural hootchy-kootchy motion to a goldfish.”

"To all who come to this happy place, welcome." -Walter Elias Disney

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kakn7294 View Post
    My last thought last night before I went to sleep was: "Wow, someone from Intercot is sleeping in the Castle tonight and I get to hear all about it!"

That was my thought exactly!! I am so excited for the Wacky family to have this amazing experience. Thank you for taking time out of your trip to update us on the suite. Enjoy the rest of your trip!
    First trip...02/72 Fort Wilderness
    Last trip...2/2016 Boardwalk Inn
    Next trip...2/2017 Boardwalk Inn Princess Half Weekend

"Mama, another gator got in the house"

"Don't make me turn this formation around!"

Post Thanks / Like

WOW, what a 180 from the report that bonehead reporter gave........I'm SO glad you guys enjoyed your stay!!! I just smiled the whole time I read the details!!!

I heard that Ian took about 100 or so pics, so we'll get to see ALL the details!!!!!

Yeah for Taylor living it up as a special princess!!!
    *May '92 Day trip fr. Daytona
    *Aug '94/July 01 offsite
    *July 01 Offsite
    *2005, 06, 06, 07, 08, 09, 11SOG
    *Sept 05 AKL
    *Sept/Oct 06 POFQ
    *Dec 08 AKL
    *Oct/Nov 12 Wyndham BC
    *Oct 13 CBR
    *July 14- weekend trips from Daytona
    *July 15- day trips from Daytona
    *Oct 15 CST