Quantcast Epcot VP Announces Removal of Mickey Mouse Arm and Wand Structure - Page 16

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gator View Post
    Only if they rip up the bricks at MK. For those of us who paid for it, we would prefer they stay put.
    I think the idea of LAL was great, but not constructed well. They're a major eye sore. The bricks in MK aren't in the way; you can just walk over them. The LAL towers are ugly; they look like tombs. I know that offends some people, but I mean, REALLY look at them. Stand back and take a look at what the towers look like, with or without pictures of your loved ones. There's no color. No fun in them. And no one looks at them unless they have a picture (okay, some kids may play hide-and-seek behind them).

I'm not saying destroy them the way they destroyed the wand; just have them moved somewhere else and replace them with gardens.

If you've ever been to Epcot before they were there you'd know what I mean. That entrance is no where near as great as it used to be. I very clearly remember the lush vegetation and beautiful colors of the flowers surrounding the fountain, with the geosphere in the background. It was stunning.

And if I had a picture I'd probably feel the same way. I know no one would look at it but me, so it wouldn't bother me if they were moved somewhere else.

I don't want to offend nor attack anyone who has one; I just think the entrance to Epcot doesn't look very good right now.

But back on topic, I'm still pleased with the wand removal. I have been visiting Disney since 1983 and am happy to see it the way I remembered.
    Last edited by Figment!; 09-21-2007 at 03:18 PM. Reason: argumentative comment removed
    *Cindy

Sep20 - Yacht Club
    Sep19 - WL Villas
    Sep18 - Contemporary
    Oct17 - Offsite
    Sep16 - POFQ
    Sep15 - Poly
    Sep14 - Disneyland
    Sep13 - Beach Club
    Oct11 - POR
    Sep10 - CBR
    Sep09 - POP
    Sep08 - WL Villas
    Sep07 - POR
    Feb95 - WL
    Jun90 - GF
    Aug86 - Big Red Boat

Plus Disneyland (x3) and Offsite (x5)

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

the LaL stones could be relocated outside the epcot entrance to the park, theres alot of unused room out there that would be perfect for it, then they can re-do the entrance to the original appearence. just my thoughts.
    I LOVE THE PATRIOTS!!

Austin

Trips to WDW

1999 - AS Music
    2001 - POFQ
    2003 - Pop Century
    2004 - Pop Century
    2006 - Pop Century

Next Trip: Sometime Soon I Hope!

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone have any pictures with what the entrance used to look like before they put LAL there? I seem to be too young to remember what it looked like.
    ŴĐŴ∫âňăŧĭć aka David ºoº

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gator View Post
    Only if they rip up the bricks at MK. For those of us who paid for it, we would prefer they stay put.
    From my understanding of the contract, the tiles can be moved and displayed somewhere else, so it seems no one but Disney has a say. That said, everyone has an opinion and has a right to it.

Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they're NOT out to get you!

Post Thanks / Like

I found a copy of the agreement that every Leave A Legacy participant signed. Among MANY other things listed, here is the interesting disclaimer...

* Agreeing that the image and/or sculpture may be replaced or relocated within Walt Disney World at any time, and that the image may be permanently removed on or after the twentieth anniversary of its installation.

So, it looks like they can move them anywhere they want to for now, and simply destroy them (if desired) by 2019.

Hopefully, a compromise is reached. I agree that the area outside the turnstiles would be perfect....it would at least give you something to do while you trekked all the way from the monorail to the entrance.
    Steve

Ohana means family....
    Schultzy means crazy family!

Last Trip: November 2015 At POP

Next Trip: May 2017 at POP...again. Unless the FP+ thing isn't worked out. Then we'll go to Dollywood. Or just stay home and look at pictures.

Post Thanks / Like

Arrow

Moderator Note

Folks, lets please keep things civil.

Argumentative and personal comments are not allowed per the INTERCOT Terms of Service. Please keep all comments directed at the topic at hand (not other Guests) and in a civil manner.

Please keep in mind that the topic of this thread is about the removal of the wand, and nothing more.

Let's please get back on track.

Thank you.

INTERCOT News Staff

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: