Quantcast Vero Beach Resort????

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Question Vero Beach Resort????

Hi Everyone!! We are thinking of ideas for our next trip to WDW and we came up with a great idea. Three days at Vero Beach and Seven days at WDW. But I was looking for places to price out Vero Beach and could not find any. Is this resort only for DVCs or could anyone stay there?? If non DVCs can stay there does anyone know a website I could find the prices for Vero Beach???
    Disney Maniac

My WDW Trips
    2007 Dec. AKL
    2007 May/June AKL
    2006 July WL
    2003 Offsite (!!Never Again!!)

Next Trip....
    2008 July Poly

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Vero Beach Resort????

Hi Everyone!! We are thinking of ideas for our next trip to WDW and we came up with a great idea. Three days at Vero Beach and Seven days at WDW. But I was looking for places to price out Vero Beach and could not find any. Is this resort only for DVCs or could anyone stay there?? If non DVCs can stay there does anyone know a website I could find the prices for Vero Beach??? Thanks for any help!!
    Disney Maniac

My WDW Trips
    2007 Dec. AKL
    2007 May/June AKL
    2006 July WL

Next Trip....
    2008 July Poly

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone can stay there. there are Inn Rooms (hotel style) as well as DVC accomodations. Try Magical Journeys,the Intercot Sponsor. It's a nice resort and there are tons of activities for kids.
    Trips: Too Many to Count! Last Trips: April 2013 CSR; July 2013 Aloha Aulani, The Sequel, Hawaii. Multiple trips to WDW, DL, DCL!

Coming up: September 2013 "Scary September" at Disneyland/DCA/Universal Hollywood.

Proud DVC Members since 2004!

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Thanks alot DVC2004 that really makes me happy!! Now that me question was answered I would love to hear more about Vero Beach.
    Disney Maniac

My WDW Trips
    2007 Dec. AKL
    2007 May/June AKL
    2006 July WL

Next Trip....
    2008 July Poly

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Ahhhhh, my favorite vacation destination!

Vero Beach is a beautiful resort with its own private beach on the Atlantic (you use your room cardkey to access the beach), a good sized pool with a fun water slide, two good restaurants plus poolside fast-food and a tavern that offers a limited menu on the second floor.

We have stayed there many times, staying in Inn rooms, studios, and one-bedroom DVC villas. All have been spacious, nicely decorated, and totally up to the standards we all expect of a Disney resort. The grounds are beautifully landscaped and impeccably maintained.

There are activities for kids, including a "splash pool" in the shape of a pirate ship, a miniature golf course, and lots of organized activities.

There is not much to do in the immediate area outside of the resort (which is one of the things we like about it), but downtown Vero Beach is only about 5 miles south. Lots of shops, restaurants, etc. About a fifteen minute drive to the north is the town of Sebastian, the home of one of our very favorite restaurants - - Squid Lips!

What we tell folks about Vero Beach is that if you aren't having fun and finding relaxation, you just ain't trying!
    Ed
    Senior Imagineer Emeritus

Welcome to the INTERCOT forums !

mprewitt Guest

You should be able to book Vero Beach through the normal Disney CRO, subject to availability, just like any other DVC resort.

VB is not a large resort, with about 170-175 units.

It is right on the beach. Although I've never been, it's on my radar for 2009.

Post Thanks / Like

We stayed there as non-DVC members. I don't exactly remember how we booked it, but can tell you we enjoyed our stay very much! We did WDW first... then headed down to Vero Beach to relax. It was a fun trip!
    July 2012 ~ Mariott's Grand Vista and Disney Dolphin; 2008 ~ Beach Club; 2004 ~Horizons by Marriott; 2004 ~Horizons by Marriott; 2001 ~Marriott Cypress Harbor; 1999 ~Wilderness Lodge; 1993 ~Dixie Landings; 1983 ~Polynesian; 1979 ~Contemporary; 1973 ~Polynesian

Post Thanks / Like

OMG, I was just able to get 1 night at Vero right in the middle of our July trip in 2 weeks! Its my DD 16th birthday and we got the one night on her birthday!! Now to see if I can snag one more nite either before or after!!!
    Bazz
    81 - Offsite, 97,98 - Dixie Landings
    99 - BWV - DVC Member
    00 - BWV/DCL-Wonder
    01 - BWV,OKW, 02, 03 - OKW
    04 - OKW, SSR
    05 - SSR - May, OKW-Aug, BCV-OCT
    06 - SSR - May, SSR - Aug, VWL-OCT
    07 - SSR - Jan, OKW - Jul, SSR,BCV -Oct
    08 - SSR - May, SSR - Jul, SSR - Sep

Post Thanks / Like

We just got back from our VB stay over July 4th. We are not DVC members, you can also book through AAA or expedia etc. Also if you call WDW reservation 407-939-7540 directly you can book through them. We had a really nice time the kids still ask to go back. It is NOT CHEAP bring items for breakfast and lunch to make in room. We spent 50 on breakfast for myself, DH, DS6 and DS3 the kids had pancakes and my DH and I had eggs, no mimosas. Besides that, it was really nice and have no regrets, the kids loved the pools, DS6 the slide and DS3 the pirate play area. We hung out by the beach, too. Service was excellent. It's like staying at a beach resort with Disney quality and service. We will probablly go back again...next year though.

I just found the rates (tarrifs) that were included with the paperwork about the resort. I don't know if I can post them...If I can I will if not contact me and I can get them to you.
    Mar'14 DCL..Nov '13 POP..Jan '13 CBR..Mar'12 Swan/Dolphin..Nov '11 Universal/legoland, one night @ WDW..Oct '10 POP..April '09 Swan/Dolphin..Jan '09 AKL..Apr'08 offsite..Jan/Feb '08 offsite..Dec '08 HiltonHeadResort..Oct '07 Pop.. July '07 VB..May '07 DCL.Oct '06 FtWcabins.May '06 POP.Jan '06 POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

We just returned from our Vero/WL vacation. We absolutely LOVED Vero. We did Vero first and for the next trip, we will do Disney first and then Vero to relax! There are TONS of activities every day for kids of all ages and adults. My kids, 8 and 5, did crafts, soccer, dodgeball, kickball, putt putt, an unbirthday party, a sea turtle walk and a cooking class. It is right on the beach and there is plenty of room for everyone. We had originally booked 4 nights and then added one more night at the last minute. We were waitlisted and the room came through 3 days before we were scheduled to arrive. We have family in West Palm so if it didn't come through, we would have crashed at their place. Keep trying to see if you can get in, you never know!
    Danielle

First Trip: April 1977
    Last Trip:- June 15-June 27 BLT and Vero Beach
    Next Trip: June 20-30 Vero Beach

Post Thanks / Like

The dining option on site were fairly expensive, we found much cheaper and EXCELLENT food within about 10-15 minutes from the resort. We ate at a Carabbas, Capt. hirams and Mr. Manatees. All were recommended by the front desk and were easy to find. When we checked in we were also given an area map with other dining options on there.
    Danielle

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell04 View Post
    We ate at...Capt. Hirams...
    Captain Hiram's was another of our favorites, especially when we learned that they served TRUE Maryland-style crab soup and crabcakes. One of the owners used to run a restaurant in Ocean City, MD and brought some recipes with him when he moved south. Now, when we get a craving for some seafood in the style of our old home state, we head for Sebastian (only about 60 miles from us) and Captain Hiram's.
    Ed
    Senior Imagineer Emeritus

Welcome to the INTERCOT forums !

Post Thanks / Like

We, being from Maryland, we skeptical of the Maryland crabcake, but we WERE NOT disappointed! The seafood was really up to our Chesapeake Bay standards! We would surely return here! We were relly pleased with all of our dining in the area.
    Danielle

Post Thanks / Like

Default Just back from Vero

We just got back from our very first use of our DVC membership and chose to go to Vero. We were so very pleased! Vero is a lovely resort with an outstanding crew of Cast Members (special thanks to Marilyn!). The resort itself is lovely - plenty to do if you want it and ultimate relaxation if you want that. We were made to feel very special and welcome. It is large enough to have much to do but small enough to get to know plenty of guests. We ate at every restaraunt and found a few off property we would also return to when we go again - and we will go to Vero again. Being new DVCers, we are eager to stay in each one, but we will go back to Vero - it was wonderful!!!!
    "...the child in all of us..."
    "Figment - I miss Figment!"
    "... Bouncy, bouncy, bouncy, bouncy; fun, fun, fun, fun, fun..."
    "Mommy, Pochio" will not dance with me!"

OS 1971-1999 too many times to count
    Poly June 2000

OS June 2005 and 2006
    Vero Beach July 2007
    Saratoga Springs October 2007

Post Thanks / Like

We ate at Mr. Manatee's too. It was a lovely lunch! There was some place within walking distance where we bought cheese sticks and maybe beef sandwiches or pizza and brought them back to the room one night. That was a money saving option as well.
    July 2012 ~ Mariott's Grand Vista and Disney Dolphin; 2008 ~ Beach Club; 2004 ~Horizons by Marriott; 2004 ~Horizons by Marriott; 2001 ~Marriott Cypress Harbor; 1999 ~Wilderness Lodge; 1993 ~Dixie Landings; 1983 ~Polynesian; 1979 ~Contemporary; 1973 ~Polynesian

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: