Quantcast food and wine festival

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default food and wine festival

We are going to WDW from Nov 4-9. This will be our first time at the Food & Wine Festival and know nothing about it. From what I read, you pay as you go for samples, is this correct. What time do the countries start serving the food and drinks? Any other tidbits of info will be appreciated. Looking forward to this trip.
    Fort Wildnerss 1998
    Polynesian 2002
    Wilderness Lodge 2004
    Polynesian April 2005
    PO French Quarters Nov 2007

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, you pay as you go for samples. World Showcase opens at 11 am each day and closes at 9 pm. Look here on Intercot--in dining--whole thread on the booths with menus, etc.

Post Thanks / Like

We just got back from our first time at the Food & Wine Festival. It was really fun and we were glad we got to experience it. As the other poster stated, it opens when WS does. Some mornings, other guests were enjoying their libations before I'd even gotten my morning coffee, but I made up for it later. Have a great trip!!
    Nov 1973 - OS
    Apr 1982 - OS
    Jan 2001 - ASM
    Dec 2001 - ASSp
    Jan 2002 - CBR
    Jan 2003 - CBR
    Dec 2003 - AKL
    Jan 2005 - CBR
    Jan 2006 - CBR/AKL
    Dec 2006 - CBR/OS/POFQ
    Oct 2007 - ASSp/CBR
    Jan 2009 - CBR/AKL
    Jan 2010 - POR/AKL
    Jan 2012 - CBR
    Jan 2013 - CBR
    Feb 2015 - GF
    Feb 2016 - GF

Post Thanks / Like

F&W was great when we went 2 years ago. I have a question regarding F&W and the food plan. How does it work? Does each booth count as a snack, counter service or part of a sit down meal? It seems that it would be wastefull to use it as a counter service.

Thanks
    First visit 1971
    Annual pass member
    Visit 2005
    May 2005 become DVC Member!!!
    Last visit 2006
    Last minute 2007 trip (for my 50th Bday)
    January 1, 2010 for 8 days
    January 2, 2012 for 7 days!!
    November, 2013, quick trip
    October 2014 1st time with future son-in-law

Post Thanks / Like

Every booth has 3-4 gourmet or traditional food choices. One is usually a dessert. Each booth also has about 3 wines and sometimes a beer or an unusual drink like Sake.
    The booths for the established countries (that have a pavillion - like Canada) may have dishes from the restaurant. TRY THE CHEESE SOUP!
    Each tasting will set you back $6-$9 a person if you get wine.
    We feed our kids a traditional lunch and skip lunch ourselves and try 5-6 booths.
    Nov15-MVMCP; Mar12-Poly!; Dec11-MVMCP; Dec10-MVMCP; Oct10-CBR; May10-WL; Oct07-10k Race4Taste; Jul07; May07-5k Minnie; Jan07; Dec06-MVMCP; Oct06-ASM MNSSHP; Feb06-Poly!; Dec04; Nov02

Post Thanks / Like

Default F&W festival, yummy!

Besides the holidays, the F&W festival is one of our favorite times to go. We usually start at Mexico and work our way around WS. Mexico has 2 food items that are awesome. By the time we make it to Italy we are stuffed but always find room for the Cheddar Cheese soup at Canada. If you like fruity drinks, China has a Green Tea Plum Wine cooler that is sinful. I look forward to that every year. As for the price, we usually spend about $50 to $60 by the time we're done but if you consider that eating at one of the sit down restaurants you can spend double that without the variety.

Happy eats.
    An hour from Disney; annual passes in hand. Anything less would be uncivilized.
    10 year AP holders and going like the Energizer Bunny
    Going to Universal Orlando would be blasphemous
    We visit WDW at least once a week; resort stays once a month.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pricey but worth it!!

Just plan that each sample is going to run you minimum of $2+. "Most" samples can be shared. They are not large, but very tasty. My husband and I went for the afternoon with about $60....we had a great time and tried many different foods. We are going to try and go at least 1 more day before it's over. As we live in Melbourne FL -- we are only a short drive...
    Carribean Beach / Saratoga Springs
    Boardwalk Villas / Saratoga Springs
    Wilderness Lodge Villas / Saratoga Springs
    Saratoga Springs
    SARATOGA SPRINGS & THE DISNEY WONDER

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by drosenbe View Post
    F&W was great when we went 2 years ago. I have a question regarding F&W and the food plan. How does it work? Does each booth count as a snack, counter service or part of a sit down meal? It seems that it would be wastefull to use it as a counter service.

Thanks
    There are many food items that can be used as a snack item. When EPCOT has EMH in the evening the booths stay open later, some as late as 10:30 but it is up to the individual booths. I guess many stay open until they run out of the prepared items.
    There are so many things to try we bought only 1 or two per country. We started in Canada and were full by Italy. The Escargot in France were wonderful and great w/ the Cheese soup.
    I don't think I tried everything I had hoped but was satiated by the time we were 1/2 way. We spent 4 days in the park and went to EPCOT everyday. I found Saturday night the most crowded....
    Next
    DD, DS @ AKV Dec 12 SSR 12-16

AKV Savannah 8/08
    ASMu my BD 4/08 w/ Angel & MrsSgtT
    SSR 10/07 BWV-12/06
    Pop-05 04 03 1st Nighters
    OKW-97 96 Poly- 89 87 86 CR:72
    Offsite:8xs FW:83 82 82 DL 67,68,71

Post Thanks / Like

Our magical journeys to WDW, always happen in Oct as that is our DD's fall break from school. We love being there during the F & W festival. It's wonderful to sample all the culinary delights from all around the World, but during F&W, there are even more countries represented. You pay to sample at various booths, and hours are usually from 11am to 9pm. We start in the early evening, and stroll along the WS lagoon, eating and drinking our way "around the World". We take time to stop and enjoy the different musical talents from all over the World. And at the end of the night, we witness the most fabulous fireworks show ever. What's not to love?
    1975 - Off site
    1980 - Golf Resort
    1981 - Poly
    1982 - CT
    1983 - Poly
    1989 - CBR
    1998 - CBR
    2001 - CBR
    2003 - WL
    2004 - WL
    2005 - WL
    2006 - WL

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all your responses, they have been so helpful. Guess we will start when WS opens and probably go til it closes. We are so looking forward to this. Everything sounds so great and we will definitely not miss the soup at Canada. 2 weeks to go.
    Fort Wildnerss 1998
    Polynesian 2002
    Wilderness Lodge 2004
    Polynesian April 2005
    PO French Quarters Nov 2007

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks from me as well . This is my first time at F&W Festival as well and getting more and more excited about it.
    ŴĐŴ∫âňăŧĭć aka David șoș

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: