Quantcast "Mickey Mail" - Paying it Forward - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Whooo Hoooo

I love spreading the pixie dust around!!!!
    I have thought about this and have decided that we could do this for lots of occasions. Doesn't have to just be bdays or trips to Disney -

What about get well wishes (someone you know is having surgery or to welcome a new addition ), bdays, anniversarys, purchasing new homes, who wouldn't want to get something from Disney for any old occasion??? I know I would.

First day of school or big event for teens, good luck on the drivers test - Whatver the occasion. I still have openings so if you can think if ANY reason for me to send a PC to someone ( friend, relative, whatever ) just pm me and we'll get all the details.

For instance. I know of a friend that is due to have her baby sometime in October so I am sending a little card to her as well from Mickey and the gang to welcome her little one - the baby may or may not be here when the postcard arrives, but it won't matter.

This is too much fun. I only wish I could get to Disney more often to send these out!!!

As an after thought - even once I get back from Disney I am willing to send out get well cards, bday cards or wahtever to people that you may know of that could use a little cheering up. It may not have a Disney postmark on it but I could still do post cards to anyone in need and sign it from whomever!!!

Disneyfan328
    Pittsburgh PA
    3/97 - All Star Music
    9/07 Port Orleans Riverside
    May 2009All Star Movie~Wedding Anniversary!
    January 2012 All Star Movies
    December 2013 - All Star Movies to celebrate birthdays!
    Planning our December 2015 "Paige's Sweet 16" Birthday Trip -Art of Animation!!!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Other boards call these Fairy Godmailers.

People make requests for Fairy Godmailers to be sent to their kids or volunteer to send Fairy Godmailers to the first five responses.

I have been just a bit too late for all the Fairy Godmailer Volunteers going in mid-August to try to get two post cards sent to my kids before our September 4th trip.

Post Thanks / Like

This might be a dumb question . . .if I offer to do Fairy Godmailers for someone whose favorite character is Mickey, should I get the postcard and have Mickey himself sign it? What if the recipient checks their autograph book and notices it's a forgery?!?!

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think you need to go that far with it - getting autographs in the park can be very time consuming. I can tell you that my oldest DD just went through our autograph books from our trip when she was 7 ( she is 17 almost 18 now ) and saw that even though we saw Mickey at least 3 different times ( chip and dale too ) that all of the signatures were a little different.

I am hoping that the kids will be too excited to pick up on it. If they do I am sure that the parents can think of something to tell them.

I can tell mine that maybe Minnie had to sign it for Mickey like mommy always has to sign daddy's names to the Christmas cards or something like that. again hopefully we won't have to go there.

Also so as not to be in trouble with other boards I am going with "Mickey Mailers" for the title on this thread. Thanks to moderator Jeff for making that change for me.

Disneyfan328
    Pittsburgh PA
    3/97 - All Star Music
    9/07 Port Orleans Riverside
    May 2009All Star Movie~Wedding Anniversary!
    January 2012 All Star Movies
    December 2013 - All Star Movies to celebrate birthdays!
    Planning our December 2015 "Paige's Sweet 16" Birthday Trip -Art of Animation!!!

Post Thanks / Like

We are going to be in Disney Nov. 16th - 24th for Thanksgiving and I would love to send out postcards to anyone needing them around that time. I'll do like others have stated and send out to the first 5 requests I get. Also if anyone is going before our trip, say sometime in Oct. I'd love for my boys to get a "See you real soon" postcard. This is a great idea. I just love it!!!
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

This is a great idea! I'll be in Disney 9/22-9/28 as well...I'd be willing to mail some postcards too!
    Christi

2014: May--POR & US/IOA; Nov--POR (1st rD--JJ5k!)
    2013: May--POR
    2012: Jun--POP; Aug--POP/Hard Rock
    2011: Aug/Sept--US/IOA; Nov--POFQ
    2010: Dec--CSR
    2009: Sept--Poly GVCL
    2008: Sept--POFQ
    2007: Jan/Feb--POR; Sept: POFQ
    2004: Oct--CSR
    1987: off-site

Post Thanks / Like

Okay, I have a question...What do we write on these postcards? Just see you soon or whatever the occasion is? Do the postcards need to be signed?

Count me in. I'll be at WDW Dec 1-7. PM me and I'll do the first 5 responses.
    Carol

May 14 ???
    Oct. 13 ???
    Oct. 12 DVC-OKW.
    Feb 12 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Oct. 11 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Feb. 11 AKL-Jambo
    Feb. 10 POFQ
    Dec. 09 POFQ
    Dec. 08--POFQ
    Oct. 08--POFQ
    Dec. 07--Wilderness Lodge,
    May 06--Grand Floridian

BelleBeauty Guest

I love this idea! We aren't going soon, but I can't wait to be a part of Mickey Mailers when we do book a trip.

Now is there any way to make this official with Intercot? I feel like we should have some sort of sheet with the dates of who is offering to send and 5 openings for postcards, etc. Something to make it easier to see if someone can send you a postcard, and something to make it easier for those requesting to put the address, occasion, character, etc.?

Mods is that possible? I'd be willing to volunteer to help if that was necessary!

Post Thanks / Like

This is great idea! we are going in aug . 8/22 to 8/28 if anyone would like me to send them a post card I would be glad to do it . I'm going to do it for a friend who can't go this year.
    All star Movies Oct 2003( my first trip to Disney
    POP Century Oct. 2004
    POP Century Oct. 2007
    POP Century Oct. 2010
    Art of Animation Oct. 2013
    POP Century march 2014

Post Thanks / Like

All three of my children, girls, are going off to University/College this September, and we're taking a trip to Disney when they are done next April/May, would anyone going very shortly be interested in sending them good luck/see you next year cards? They love Disney and would love to get them! Thanks.
    ºOº Dianne ºOº

You must make a Choice to take a Chance or your life will never Change

Post Thanks / Like

What a wonderful idea! We had to cancel our trip for this year, so we won't be going until next August, but I'll definitely extend the offer to take part in a Mickey Mailing then. Can't wait to get to share a little magic!

NEXT TRIP -
    WDW 08/18 ~ First family trip w/our 2 yo, 5 yo, my parents & our best friends &their 2 &5 yr olds.

PAST TRIPS -
    DISNEY WORLD
    04/16 (pre second babymoon), 08/15 (first trip with our own child), 08/10, 08/08, 04/05, 01/04, 04/02, summers 88, 90, 92 and 97.

DISNEYLAND
    03/06

Post Thanks / Like

How sweet of you to think of this. I don't have kids and I'll be there in September so no postcards are needed here but I just wanted to tell you that, this is a fantastic idea. There should be more people like you on the planet.
    1988 Family Trip as a kid (offsite)
    1989-Family Trip (First time at MGM)
    2001-Daytrip
    2003-Trip with Friends (First time AK)
    2005-Sept 25-30-POP Century
    2006-Sept 25-Oct 1- All Star Music
    2007-Sept 9-17-All Star Music
    2008-closing of PI only
    2009-May 21-22 Disneyland/DCA

Post Thanks / Like

Count me in. We are going 10/29-11/04 I would love for our DS and DD to get cards before we go. I will return the favor then for two others when we are there. PM me if you can send cards or want me to send to you.

Thanks,
    Sept 2002 POFQ
    Mar 2004 Disneyland
    Oct/Nov 2007 POR

Post Thanks / Like

I have sent postcards to various kiddos (some I know, some I don't) my last 3 or 4 trips to WDW. It is SO much fun to do. I assume the personality of a favorite character and tell them either that I can't wait to see them (if they are about to have a vacation) or that I miss them (if the vacation has passed). I know one little boy who slept with the postcard that Buzz Lightyear sent him! It would be GREAT to get a regular sign up type thing going for INtercot members!!

I'm not going until January -- but would be happy to help anyone out.
    Jen

Always ready to talk Disney
    Grand Floridian**Contemporary**Polynesian**Wilderness Lodge**Yacht Club**Dolphin**Port Orleans French Quarter**All Star Movies**All Star Music**POP Century**Disney Wonder**Disney Magic**Disney Dream**VWL**Old Key West**Animal Kingdom Lodge**Bay Lake Tower

Post Thanks / Like

I will be there from Aug. 19-24th, so if anyone would like to receive post cards around that time, just pm me. I'll send the first 5 responses I get. Let me know if you'd like anything special on the card. What a great idea!
    ~Lisa~

WDW trips:
    April, 1991- Honeymoon-offsite
    Nov.1992-offsite
    Nov.1995-offsite
    April 2001-offsite
    Dec. 2004-Wilderness Lodge, AS Sports
    Aug. 2007- offsite
    Mar 2008- AS Movies
    Dec. 2008- Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 2010-AS Movies, CBR
    Aug. 2011- Beach Club
    Mar. 2012- AS Movies

Post Thanks / Like

Default Love It!

We're not going until April / May next year but I would love to spread the magic, And my kids would just love to recieve a postcard! We always send postcards to school and kindy from Mickey and the kids get so excited!
    We live in Australia, please PM me if anyone is willing to send internationally!
    Great Idea!
    Little Disney Lovers

Post Thanks / Like

What a wonderful idea! We're not going until March but I would love to do this!
    Melissa

4/87 offsite, 3/05 AKL, 10/06 WL, 3/08 GF, 1/09 WL, 3/09 Poly, 10/09 SSR, 1/10 AKV, 10/10 BLT, 12/10 AKV, 2/11 Poly, 5/11 BCV, 10/11 BLT, 12/11 WL, 5/12 1st Cruise on the Dream & BWV, 10/12 BLT!

"...That's the real trouble with the world, too many people grow up." Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

I'm going August 17-21 (yay!!) and would be glad to send postcards out for people. PM me and let me know!

What a great idea!
    "Paging Mr. Morrow...Mr. Tom Morrow...."

Guest: (pointing to Donald Duck) Is that a Midget, or a child dressed up?
    CM: Sir, that's just a very large duck.

Post Thanks / Like

I am definitely on board for this as well! So great for the kids! We are going August 20-31 so I will send out postcards if anyone wants me too. Just pm me and I will send them out to the first 5 responses! How magical!
    "See, it's just like I told you. Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart. And the best part is you'll never run out of Wishes. They're shining deep down inside of you. And that, my friends, is where the magic lives."Jiminy Cricket
    Our wish came true! Ellie 9/9/13

Post Thanks / Like

We received the postcard for my DH's birthday today.

I went to my private messages to thank the person who sent it and I must have deleted the message!

So, to the person that sent my DH the Minnie Sticker/Postcard,
    ~Angel~
    Proud DVC owners!
    SSR January 2007
    Bay Lake November 2008

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: