Quantcast Please convince me that PftS is worth $135

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Please convince me that PftS is worth $135

I've read all the trip reports about Party for the Senses, and it sounds SUPERB!!! Now that we can make reservations on Aug. 6, please help convince me that $135 plus tax A PERSON is worth it for DH and me to splurge on. I just can't bring myself to spend about $300 for dinner. Splurging to me is usually a limit of $50-$60 a person--and that's a real splurge!!

So, for those who have experienced this fine party first hand, please tell me why you think it's worth the cost! Thanks!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

we too were wanting to do this, but at this price, have decided it is out of our budget this time.
    "Stop this foolishness!...What foolishness would you like to see?" Sam the Eagle and Gonzo

Post Thanks / Like

yes im wondering also. thats a lot for me. its sound great but i could use that $ towards resort or something
    BC 2
    WL CL 1
    AKL 4
    SOG 3
    POFQ 3
    POR 2
    CSR 4
    CBR 2
    Asp 3
    AS m 2
    POP 7
    12-13 WL CSR ASM
    3-14 POR, AS s Dolphin
    6-14 Us CSR
    1-14 Unv
    6-15 WL, SSR.
    11- 15. AOA, OKw
    7 16..CSR, FW, AKL, POR
    7 17..ASM, CSR, WL AKL club POP
    8 18 As sports, Pop
    DL 9-19
    DVC WL, CSR and idk 10-20

Post Thanks / Like

We have been to Party for the Senses for the last three years and in my opinion it is definitely worth trying at least once assuming you have an interest in wine. Of course the food is excellent as well and we thoroughly enjoy the variety that is presented, but in my opinion it doesn't necessarily justify the cost. The wine tasting, however, presents a unique opportunity to explore a great variety of wines at a single location. We are far from wine experts, but we enjoy it, and Party for the Senses has definitely helped to broaden our horizons. A couple of years ago I found a meritage (Trilogy) that is without a doubt my a favorite wine, albeit at $50 a bottle I don't enjoy it often. My Mom found a sauvignon blanc that she loves, is highly rated and only costs $10 a bottle though, so you never know what you may encounter. The food is great also, so don't let me point you in the wrong direction there. My sister-in-law loved it and never touched the wine.

You seem to be taking a hard look at the cost and in my mind if you are going just for the food it is a coin toss as to value for the buck, but is probably still worth it. If you enjoy wine and like the idea of sampling a variety, go for it, certainly at least one time.

Post Thanks / Like

I was thinking of doing this also, but we aren't big wine drinkers. We do, however, love to go the signature restaurants and would enjoy sampling the chef's offerings. The menus from the past look so good, that I thought it would be worth it to try it just once and see.
    Anyone can cook!

Post Thanks / Like

We both do enjoy wine but don't know a lot about it. Do they match wines with the foods for best flavors, or is it a free for all?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mickey-mouse35 View Post
    We both do enjoy wine but don't know a lot about it. Do they match wines with the foods for best flavors, or is it a free for all?
    It’s a free for all, but they will happily give you any recommendations.

My (now ex)-boyfriend was lucky enough to win tickets to last years event and it’s is an experience that I will remember forever! There are some down sides (the price being one, and the fact that they sell more tickets then they have seats) but over all the experience is excellent! While I do enjoy fine foods and I have gone to a few fine restaurants over the years, it’s not my norm. To be able to splurge and eat amazing food with excellent wine was an experience of a life time. I can’t even rave enough about how good the food and wine is, plus you get up close performances of Cirque de Soliel. Is it worth $135? While it is an expensive ticket, I say it is. Even though the price is so high (and it keeps going up, last year it was $125) it’s something that I would save up $$ to do again.

I did a review of it on “another” website and while I don’t feel too comfy posting it here, I will be happy to PM anybody my review that wants it.
    ºOº ºOº ºOº ºOº ºOº ºOº ºOº ºOº ºOº ºOº
    Amber

62 Miles from the Magic!!!!

Stayed at: All Stars Sports, Music and Movies; Dixie Landings; Port Orleans; Pop Century; Yacht Club

Between the Port of Indecision and Southwest of Disorder
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with OogieBoogie, it is more of a value if you enjoy and understand wines(or want to learn) -same goes for the food. But you definitely should have an interest in one or the other. Regarding the wine being a "free-for-all" my take is that it certainly isn't exact pairings but it hasn't been put together with no thought either.

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone else who's done this want to share their opinions? Only a few more days before the phone lines open...

Wonder if I can make ressies on Monday and then cancel if needed prior to our trip?

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: