Quantcast Now what to do?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: Now what to do?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Now what to do?

We have just booked our 2008 vacation and are in the process of figuring things out. One thing we have just found out is that one person in our group in on a very low sodium diet. Has anyone have this same diet? What is the process to let them know and what is the process to do this? What is recommend restaurants and meals under this diet? We have made the decision that we are going to do the dining plan and we are going to eat at table services rather than buffets (except our faves.) Even with buffets will they be able to fix something without the added sodium to the food so they will be able to enjoy with out the side effects of eating while on vacation.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

When you call to make your ADRs let the CM know about the special dietary need. When you arrive the Chef will check with you and prepare your meal accordingly.

For more info check Info Central here.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

That's correct- and that goes for any type of dietary restriction.

Tell Disney Dining when you make your ADRs- they will note it on the reservation.
    When you arrive at the restaurant, tell your server. Ask to speak with the chef and he/she will come out to the table, find out what the person likes and dislikes and then prepare something that will adhere to their needs.

And yes, even at the buffets, you can get something prepared for your needs.
    Linda
    aka: wendy*darling

INTERCOT Staff:
    Disney & Orlando Dining/Nightlife, Shopping & Water Parks/Disney Vacation Club

DVC owners at WLV, BCV and SSR
    Next up: VWL & POFQ Dec 2009 - just adults!
    On Deck: DCL Wonder Dec 2010... but I'm sure we can come up with something before then!

Post Thanks / Like

My friend's daughter has a sever allergy to dairy and could not say enough great things about how accomodating every single restaurant in Disney was to their needs.

She told them when she made her ADRs and they gave her the number of the restaurants to call before hand plus the chef came out when they arrived.

Post Thanks / Like

I echo what everyone else has said - have the diet noted in the reservation. Disney will be happy to work with you - "I want that sauce on this entree with those vegetables."

I'm a vegetarian (in a family of carnivores) and never used to flag my reservation and suffered through meals, because I didn't have anything I could eat. It wasn't until I ate at Hoop-Dee-Doo and was practically in tears because there was nothing to eat except bread, that a very nice CM told me about flagging my reservation. (And he also brought me a yummy dish of roasted veggies.)
    Next trip DLR in February 2014

Post Thanks / Like

I have a son who is allergic to nuts and sesame seeds and another allergic to soy, Disney is great about accomodating their needs. Even the counter service will work with you to make sure there is something to eat. I had our reservations flagged as others have said and spoke up at the counter service. Captain Cook's at the Poly was one of the best because they would bring a chef down from the restaurants upstairs to go over the menu and oversee the preparation of the food.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: