Just wanted to chime in here.

I spent a bit of time this morning wandering the grounds of the DLH with my 18 month old DS. He loves the waterfalls and the boats that you can drive.

Anyway, I don't have much to say on the re-naming, as I don't have any nostalgic connections to the DLH, but I will say this. The state of that hotel's BUILDINGS (interior and exteriors) is pretty awful for such a high priced resort. I really think that it is not currently living up to the Disney name at all. In the main lobby, I noticed no less than 7 instances of pretty badly peeling wallpaper (large areas peeling away) and several holes in the carpeting. The hotel itself looks poorly aged and pretty grimy. I have no issues with a planned renovation, and in fact, I think a complete demolition and re-build would not be totally absurd.

The grounds, as always, looked beautiful and have always been very well maintained, with the exception of the fountain in the back, which just looks sad nowadays.

I can totally understand the need to keep the "old Disney" alive in this hotel, but as it stands, the best of this stuff is the photographs and framed art in the buildings, along with the Victorian era furniture, both of which it will not be hard to retain. The central courtyard area is also just fine as is, but the towers really do need some help.