I'm a little discouraged. I have severe trouble with my feet - specifically my left foot. I was diagnosed with plantar fasciitis about 5 years ago. At that time, I went through the injections and the cast, then ended up having the surgery. All was fine until about 5 weeks ago. The pain came back - this time worse than before. Some days I can hardly walk at all the pain is so bad.

I went back to the same podiatrist who started the injections again. I'm up to my third now. I've been in and out of the cast and been in (and quickly out because it hurt too much) the night time only cast. Each injection lasts about 2 days but I lose the first day because of the pain at the injection site (on the inside part of the center of my foot).

I'm up to almost $300 out of pocket that insurance doesn't cover already and that's with 4 visits. I know probably only one more injection will be allowed and the cast is really not doing much either. The doctor keeps talking surgery again but we leave for WDW on November 26. There's no way I can get the time from work, have the surgery and be completely healed by then. The alternative, of course, is being completely miserable at WDW with all of the walking. The doctor said he'd write a script for a wheelchair but I just refuse to use one at WDW. I'm relatively healthy, young and just feel that there are a lot of people other than me who actually do need a wheelchair. I just wouldn't feel right.

I'm thinking switch doctors but I don't want to end up starting all over again with a new doc who wants to do injections, cast, etc.

Anyone else have plantar fasciitis or similar problems? If so, did your doctor have any other treatment options that may have worked better for you? I guess I'm starting to hit panic mode seeing the countdown to vacation. My feet hurt bad enough when they aren't giving me trouble with all of the walking at WDW. I'm just at a loss for what to do and, more importantly, what to do quickly.

Thanks guys!