Quantcast Our 1st time & Only Trip to WDW

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Our 1st time & Only Trip to WDW

My wife & I have been married for 21 years and have never taken a substantial vacation together. Even our Honeymoon was 3 days in a motel room close to where we live and then off to my Army base. We have (attempted) to raise three kids and three dogs and after moving home to a small town in Iowa after 6 years of service we both have grown older together. We decided to become kids again (heaven help her when I go thru the gate)and go to Disney World mar 30th to Apr 5th of 2008. My wifes Birthday is Apr 1st and since her favorite Character is Cinderella we have reservations to eat in the castle for her Birthday Dinner. I know alot of people go to Disney World often, but we just can't afford it so this is our one and only time of going. It will just be us going as the kids are now 20,16,& 14and the oldest can stay with the younger ones.Everything will be magical to us and every meal will be great, the memories will be golden and thought of often. I have all our reservations for dinning, our resort is booked, and airline tickets purchased. All my life I wanted to go to the Haunted Mansion and it looks like this is going to happen. When I was 14 my grandmother died and she knew how bad I wanted to go to Disneyland after listening to my Aunt Ruth's stories of going (she lived in California)so in her will she left money for my mom to take me.I remember the ride "it's a small world" and the "pirates of the carribean" and good times with my mom. The haunted Mansion was closed, but I did get to wave to Donald, Goofy and Pluto(I was acting like a typical teenage "cool" 14 year old "man" Till I saw them, Then I waved and yelled like a 5 year old school girl. My mom passed away from a hole in her heart when I was 17. I didn't know it at the time but that trip was special for not only memories of my day in Disneyland, but also of bonding with my mom. I still remember the all fruit plate served in a hollowed out pineapple she shared with me...Now for my trip with my wife, the only thing I'm waiting on is for the tickets for the Pirates and Princess party to be announced. I think the party will be taking place while we are there ( the 1st and the 4th) and I'm wondering if we should go one night or two.(In case of rain)can any one tell me who have been to the party if I should get tickets for both nights? Either way, come rain or shine, I will be with the woman I love, in a place I've dreamed about. Oh...and If everything works out I will have a glass slipper being delievered to my wife during her birthday dinner and it will say "Happy Birthday Princess Karen from Your Prince Charming John" I'm 160 days from going at this posting so Here's to "Dreams really coming true"!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I hope the two of you have the GREATEST times of your lives! We waited for our 25th anniversary to do a completely magical trip with just the two of us.

I hope all your planning goes as scheduled. You deserve it, and so does she.

I hope you get to scream like a little girl again!

Oh, and welcome to Intercot!
    Last edited by garymacd; 10-21-2007 at 11:40 AM. Reason: welcome to new poster added
    Officially too many trips to list here!

Post Thanks / Like

Your post brought tears to my eyes! What a lucky woman your wife is to have such a sweet, caring husband (and I'm sure you're lucky to have her too). I haven't been to the Pirates and Princesses party, so I can't comment, but I hope you have a wonderful time - I'm sure you will!
    to Intercot!!
    Rebecca
    mom of Jenna (Cindewella) & Lucy (Sleepingbooty)

Next visit: September 2010, Caribbean Beach Resort

Post Thanks / Like

I hope we get to read your trip report when you come back. It sounds like the 2 of you will be having a great time as you deserve it. I got the Cinderella Slipper desert for my DD and she loved it. Have a great trip!
    Offsite...(12/97 & 10/99)
    DL...(10/02 & 5/05)
    CBR/Disney Wonder 2004, AllStar Music 2004, AKL 2006, POP 2006, POP 2007, Poly 2007, BWI 2007, WL 2008, CSR 2009, Poly 2009, CBR 2010, AKL 2011...

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thank you for your kind words

Thank you for your kind words and thoughts. At the end of the day the best we can hope for is a happy life and someone to share it with. I think Walt Disney helped us all make life a little more magical for giving us a special place to celebrate that life. I hope your dreams and wishes come true too.

Post Thanks / Like

How very thrilling and special for you both! I hope it is magical from start to finish!!!!
    Jen

Always ready to talk Disney
    Grand Floridian**Contemporary**Polynesian**Wilderness Lodge**Yacht Club**Dolphin**Port Orleans French Quarter**All Star Movies**All Star Music**POP Century**Disney Wonder**Disney Magic**Disney Dream**VWL**Old Key West**Animal Kingdom Lodge**Bay Lake Tower

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a great trip planned and you already have the right mind set. I hope one day when I'm ready to settle down and marrie I find a man like you. I hope you have a great trip.
    ~Beth~
    1st trip Nov. 24, 2006-ASmovies (4nights)
    Nov. 25, 2007-ASMovies (6 nights)
    Sept. 6, 2008-ASMovies (6 nights)
    Nov. 28, 2009 ASMovies (7nights)
    Nov 28, 2015 AOA (7 nights)
    December 10, 2016 AKL/Pop (7nights)
    Nov. 25, 2017 AsMusic (8 Nights)
    Next Trip March 4 AsSports (4 nights)

Post Thanks / Like

I have no advice for you, but I just so enjoyed reading your post that I wanted to say howdy and I hope that you have a time that exceeds all of your expectations!!!
    The only life I can think of that would be worse than being a special needs mom is not being one...

Poly (04), WL (06), BC (07), AoA (20)
    DL (74, 75, 83, 87, 98, 07, 09. 10)

Magical Journeys is the ONLY way to go!

Post Thanks / Like

Congradulations on being able to take such a wonderful vacation! I hope you and your wife have a great time. I love your glass slipper idea. I'm just curious but are you planning on writing a trip report?
    Carribean Beach '95
    Wilderness Lodge '96 '97 '98
    All Star Music '00 '01 '04
    Off-site '03
    All Star Movie '05 '06
    All Star Music 07'
    Pop Century with DBF Sep 08'
    Pop Century with family March 09'

Next trip: Disney and Universal Studios April 2015!

PINK!

Post Thanks / Like

Wow! I'm excited for you. I hope it is as magical as you want it to be.

As for the P&P Party, I went in August...twice, and I don't regret it. The first night I went was less crowded than the second, and I went by myself that night. I was focused on getting on many rides that night, and I was able to walk onto whatever I wanted. There were NO LINES. I also got to watch the parades and the fireworks and get the "treasure" (bead necklaces and candy). The second night also had very light crowds, but they were just not as light as the first time I went. Lines were not more than 10 minutes for anything except Space Mountain was 15 or 20 at one point. That night I went with my friend and watched the fireworks, parade, and got the treasures again.

I truly thought it was worth the money because (at least for me) the crowds were very light so I got a lot of rides in while still being able to enjoy the special party events. And the fireworks are the best I have ever seen.
    Disney World: 10/92 Yacht Club, 11/96 Disney Institute, 12/00 Yacht Club, 6/05 Beach Club, 8/06 Shades of Green, 8/07 Caribbean Beach Resort, 10/07 Coronado Springs, 12/08 French Quarter, 3/10 All Star Sports, 4/12 Port Orleans Riverside

Disneyland: 1987, 1997, 2002, 2008, 2010, 2013

Post Thanks / Like

Default Doing a Trip Report

I will do my best to give a trip report when we get back. As a Pre-trip report I was able to do the dinning plan with 3 meals a day and I have all sorts of character dinning. (3 different meals at the castle, B,L,D and we have bought Disney Crocs (mine with little mickeys and my wifes with cinderella and little mermaid)I have made a folder with a bunch of planning things and have made kind of an agenda for each day. ...Years ago I saw a commercial where the kids are lying in bed and they can't go to sleep because they were so excited to be going, then they show the dad lying in bed and he can't go to sleep because he so excited...Now I know how he felt. The night my wife and I decided to go I couldn't go to sleep and the next two nights I kept having dreams with Disney Characters in them. (Alice and I became good friends as we were hanging out with the Mad Hatter)I have been hunting everyday for news on the Pirates and Princess Party, and a couple times a week we watch some Disney shows. We have a library in town with alot of the shows so we check them out on a rotating basis. I have seen pictures of Disney Character autographs and have a Disney Photo/Autograph book coming in the mail for all the characters we get to see. Has anyone seen the personal Vacation book you can make at Disney PhotoPass? How cool is that! We're still along time yet from going, and it seems I'm already there and float around in a Disney type daze when I find myself thinking of the trip I also find myself smiling alot...Boy is this gonna be a long 160 days until we go!

Post Thanks / Like

Here's hoping you have a most MAGICAL trip
    Next WDW Trip: July 13 - 22, 2016 Wilderness Lodge

"There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow shining at the end of every day!"

"Let's Don't be Silly..." - The Mad Hatter

Post Thanks / Like

May you be blessed with the trip of your dreams!
    deb
    first visIt: November 1973
    next planned visit: October, 2013 with friends
    resident Fairy Godmother

hearts are warmed when friends meet

see ya real soon

~*~*~*disneydeb*~*~*~

Post Thanks / Like

I hope you guys have a magical trip, and the time of your lives.

Post Thanks / Like

I hope you have a great trip, filled with a lot of magic! Someone who will go through all the that trouble deserves something that good.

Enjoy it, it's the most magical experience ever!
    "We are not now that strength which in old days, Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,-- One equal temper of heroic hearts, Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will, To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
    -"Ulysses" A. Tennyson

Post Thanks / Like

First things first...
    to Intercot!

I loved reading your post. It sounds like you and your wife have a wonderful relationship and I hope this turns out to be the trip of a lifetime.

I know you are aware that you will be there at a very busy time. I think you will enjoy going to the party at night because it will give you the opportunity to do the things you might not be able to do during the day. Purchace the tickets for 1 day... then if you decide you really enjoyed it, get your tickets for another night while you are there.

Don't forget, Disney World is HUGE. There are 4 parks to enjoy while you are there. You have to take your wife for a trip "around the world" in Epcot.
    Check out the Romance at Disney World information here on Intercot.

I hope you have a Magical trip and I also hope the Dream Team finds you and your wife.
    Make sure she gets a Birthday button!
    ~Angel~
    Proud DVC owners!
    SSR January 2007
    Bay Lake November 2008

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ribeyespud View Post
    mickey:My wife & I have been married for 21 years and have never taken a substantial vacation together. Even our Honeymoon was 3 days in a motel room close to where we live and then off to my Army base. We have (attempted) to raise three kids and three dogs and after moving home to a small town in Iowa after 6 years of service we both have grown older together. We decided to become kids again (heaven help her when I go thru the gate)and go to Disney World mar 30th to Apr 5th of 2008. My wifes Birthday is Apr 1st and since her favorite Character is Cinderella we have reservations to eat in the castle for her Birthday Dinner. I know alot of people go to Disney World often, but we just can't afford it so this is our one and only time of going. It will just be us going as the kids are now 20,16,& 14and the oldest can stay with the younger ones.Everything will be magical to us and every meal will be great, the memories will be golden and thought of often. I have all our reservations for dinning, our resort is booked, and airline tickets purchased. All my life I wanted to go to the Haunted Mansion and it looks like this is going to happen. When I was 14 my grandmother died and she knew how bad I wanted to go to Disneyland after listening to my Aunt Ruth's stories of going (she lived in California)so in her will she left money for my mom to take me.I remember the ride "it's a small world" and the "pirates of the carribean" and good times with my mom. The haunted Mansion was closed, but I did get to wave to Donald, Goofy and Pluto(I was acting like a typical teenage "cool" 14 year old "man" Till I saw them, Then I waved and yelled like a 5 year old school girl. My mom passed away from a hole in her heart when I was 17. I didn't know it at the time but that trip was special for not only memories of my day in Disneyland, but also of bonding with my mom. I still remember the all fruit plate served in a hollowed out pineapple she shared with me...Now for my trip with my wife, the only thing I'm waiting on is for the tickets for the Pirates and Princess party to be announced. I think the party will be taking place while we are there ( the 1st and the 4th) and I'm wondering if we should go one night or two.(In case of rain)can any one tell me who have been to the party if I should get tickets for both nights? Either way, come rain or shine, I will be with the woman I love, in a place I've dreamed about. Oh...and If everything works out I will have a glass slipper being delievered to my wife during her birthday dinner and it will say "Happy Birthday Princess Karen from Your Prince Charming John" I'm 160 days from going at this posting so Here's to "Dreams really coming true"!
    Disneyworld is incredible. There is no place like it. I try to go every 2 years and would go every year if I could afford it (next visit for me is this Dec 26, this year. Even knowing of the crowds I will be facing, I am so excited).
    I love to hear about people going fto WDW for the first time. I am taking a first-timer friend with me this year (This will be trip # 10 for me).
    It will be a "dream" trip for you and your princess! Let us hear back from you about your trip.

Post Thanks / Like

Default I don't know what to say...

I am truly speechless, amazed, and thankful for everyones kind wishes, thoughts, ideas and all the sharing. Words really can't express the warmth I feel from all your replys. Thanks again!

488.22 miles from Walt Dinsey World - Alabama
    Post Thanks / Like

You will have the best time and will create memories that will last a lifetime.
    My husband and I had one night for our honeymoon, in a town just a few miles from our home. It was all we could afford at the time. Anyway, we finally got to take a second honeymoon when we had been married for 11 years. We had the BEST time. He is not the Disney fanatic that I am(he had only been once when he was 9 - I've been 21 times) but once he walked through the main gate and down Main Street, I could see the little child in him coming to life. Make sure you take advantage of the Photopass photographers so you can get pictures of you and your wife together. I know you will have a wonderful time!!! To make the time pass faster, I always watch my Disney planning video and try to catch Disney shows on the travel channel.
    At least 14 trips before 1988
    Off-site - 3-92
    Off-site - 2-01
    ASM - 5-02, 7-03
    CBR - 11-05, 2-10
    Off-site - 2-06
    Pop - 6-06, 2-08
    Poly -12-07
    Cor. S. - 6-2010
    Cor.S. - 10-11

"A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes"

Post Thanks / Like

Red face

Hope you have an AMAZING vacation Disney World is the most incredible place on earth. I remember seeing the castle for the first time last year and I was completely speechless and with the biggest smile on my face You and your wife sound like great people and I know you will have a great time
    oh yeah, to intercot

~Natacha~
    April 6-9 2006 Pop Century
    July 5-11 2007 Pop Century
    September 20-25th 2009 Pop Century
    June10-June 16 2012 Pop Century
    September 5-15 2013 Pop Century Disneymoon
    August 10-20th 2016 Pop Century (Daughter's first trip)

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: