Quantcast Did Castaway Cay flood due to Noel?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Did Castaway Cay flood due to Noel?

I jealously watched the Magic leaving St Thomas via webcam on Wednesday afternoon... this morning I'm wondering if those folks are enjoying a day on Castaway Cay. Radar and satellite look ok for a docking, but I hear they got 15 inches of rain on Abaco. Any word from CC?
    Disney Future
    Jan 2009 My dream family vacation for my 40th - 5 days at BC, 5 at WL (then a cruise? hehe!)

Keep me sane... when have I been again?
    PORS 2006, 2007
    DCL Magic 2004, 2005
    WL 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005
    CR 2005
    PC 2005
    Wyndham DTD 2001, 2003, 2004

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello not sure about the rainfall but I have to ask... where is the webcam for St Thomas? I'd like to be jealous as well!!

Thanks
    Sept 99 Caribbean Beach
    Sept 00 AS Music
    Sept 01 Wilderness Lodge-Our Wedding
    May 02 AS Movies
    Sept 03 AS Movies
    Sept 05 Pop
    Sept 07 Pop
    Sept 08 Pop
    Sept 09 SSR
    Dec 09 AKL KV
    Aug 10 AKL KV
    What is it about WDW that makes you want to go back the same day you get home?
    Proud Owners-DVC

Post Thanks / Like

Default Was on Castaway Cay on 10-30-7

Hello, we just returned home from a 4 day cruise on the Wonder On 11-1-7. Let me tell you that anyone who says you can not feel the boat is kidding you. As soon as the boat would begin to move you can feel it vibrating strongly under your feet. We were sailing when Noel was still only a tropical depression and everyone was sick. On our first night dinner at Parrot Cay the place was completely empty and the waitstaff was saying everyone was sick. We tried to go back to our stateroom thinking that we would just sleep it off and the boat was not only rocking but moving up and down. While in the stateroom the closet doors have magnets on them which dont really work very well and with each rock of the boat the doors would slam into the wall and continue to slam back and forth which made it way worse. My fiance who is a pretty big guy was in the bathroom getting sick. When we got to Castaway we were told all excursions were cancelled and refunds would be processed. We went to Serenity Bay at around 9 and left by 1130 due to a massive rain. The rest of the day we stayed in our stateroom since all activities that day were supposed to be on the island and there was nothing to do on the boat until 615 when the shows started. I would be suprised if the island didnt flood, it was very bad.
    Katie-

1984, My first trip at age 1
    1985-1998-Lived in Fla. visited often
    2001-All Star Music
    2002-Port Orleans
    03/2007-Soon to be DH's First Trip, Off Site
    10/2007-DCL
    12/2008-Planning my unborn childs 1st trip!

I listen to wdwtoday and wdwradio podcasts, EVERYDAY!

Post Thanks / Like

Hey - sailed on the Wonder starting Nov 1st. The first night was a bit rough with approx 20ft seas - many people left the show that evening. The rest of the cruise was absolutely beautiful except for the trip back across the straits. Castaway Cay was in nearly perfect shape and weather was gorgeous when we were there - hi of 84 with no clouds in sight.

Post Thanks / Like

Question Huh?

Quote Originally Posted by pinkpebble83 View Post
    Hello, we just returned home from a 4 day cruise on the Wonder On 11-1-7. ...When we got to Castaway we were told all excursions were cancelled and refunds would be processed. We went to Serenity Bay at around 9 and left by 1130 due to a massive rain... I would be suprised if the island didnt flood, it was very bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by d_dub_dad View Post
    Hey - sailed on the Wonder starting Nov 1st. ...Castaway Cay was in nearly perfect shape and weather was gorgeous when we were there - hi of 84 with no clouds in sight.
    Okay, I'm totally confused.

You folks were apparently both on the November 1st cruise; one of you had "massive rain" while the other had "no clouds in sight".

Am I missing something??
    Ed
    Senior Imagineer Emeritus

Welcome to the INTERCOT forums !

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TiggTigg5 View Post
    Okay, I'm totally confused.

You folks were apparently both on the November 1st cruise; one of you had "massive rain" while the other had "no clouds in sight".

Am I missing something??

I'm thinking the 4 night returned on 11/1 and the 3 night sailed on 11/1. Does that sound about right?

Post Thanks / Like

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by GreenBeetle View Post
    I'm thinking the 4 night returned on 11/1 and the 3 night sailed on 11/1. Does that sound about right?
    Aha! I believe you're absolutely right.

I should have been tipped off by that "4-night" reference. The 4 nighters on the Wonder sail on Sundays, and the 3 nighters on Thursday, and November 1st was a Thursday.

My bad. Carry on.

Ed
    Senior Imagineer Emeritus

Welcome to the INTERCOT forums !

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TiggTigg5 View Post
    Aha! I believe you're absolutely right.

I should have been tipped off by that "4-night" reference. The 4 nighters on the Wonder sail on Sundays, and the 3 nighters on Thursday, and November 1st was a Thursday.

My bad. Carry on.

Yes - sorry for the confusion. We left Canaveral on Thursday the 1st. We arrived in Nassau on Friday and docked next to the Magic which was pretty cool. Arrived at Castaway Cay on Saturday to a perfect day. The c director really made a point of how hard the crew who live on CC worked to get the island ready for us and it was in tip top condition. There were reports of serious erosion on the "grown up" beach but we never made it over there to see.

Post Thanks / Like

Default WebCam?

Hello not sure about the rainfall but I have to ask... where is the webcam for St Thomas? I'd like to be jealous as well!!

I had to copy this, as I would really like to know about a webcam for St Thomas, or a cruise ship, especially a Disney ship! Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think I can post websites to the forum, but I've sent private messages with the URLs of webcams to the folks who asked above.

There are NO WEBCAMS on the Disney ships. A few lines do it, Princess in particular, but not DCL. I'm referring to cams operated by numerous individuals and businesses near the ports, or on other ships that dock at the same ports as DCL.

They ARE FUN to watch!
    Disney Future
    Jan 2009 My dream family vacation for my 40th - 5 days at BC, 5 at WL (then a cruise? hehe!)

Keep me sane... when have I been again?
    PORS 2006, 2007
    DCL Magic 2004, 2005
    WL 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005
    CR 2005
    PC 2005
    Wyndham DTD 2001, 2003, 2004

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: