Quantcast 2 questions

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: 2 questions

Post Thanks / Like

Default 2 questions

Hi guys!

I have 2 questions and I hope someone can help!

We will be in Anaheim for 3 days/4 nights and we want to go to DLR for 3 days but were also wondering, once we get into Disneyland and leave at lunch, we get our hand stamped right? Does this garantue (sp?) that we can go back into the park later that day? The day is December 23, so it will be busy and I want to make sure I can go back into Disneyland

Another question, is Alladin the Musical worth it in DCA? I heard the whole process can take up to an hour (time is precious at DLR ) So I was wondering if it is really worth it
    DLP:
    Dec. 1992 - May 1994 - Dec. 1997
    October 1999 - October 2003 - June 2004
    July 2006 - October 2006 - October 2007
    Going November 2008

WDW:
    Dec. 2003- Dec. 2005- November/Dec. 2006
    Dec./January 2007
    Going June 2008

DLR:
    Dec. 2006 - Dec. 2007
    Going July 2008

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi, I'm not sure about hand stamps (that went away in Florida where I usually go), but I can tell you about Aladdin. DON'T MISS IT. It is absolutely fantastic. It is 45 minutes long, and is a full stage show. The guys who play the Genie (I think there are 2 of them) are comic geniuses who improvise the script somewhat and really make the show extremely entertaining. Also great is the Flying Carpet Scene - yes, it flies over the audience.

If you need to save time, I would suggest skipping some rides that are duplicates of those in Orlando and/or Paris and just concentrate on those that are different in Anaheim. But don't miss Aladdin!

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Disney Lovin' Dutchman,

Yep, they hand stamp (with a different Disney word each day). BUT, make sure you hang onto your ticket because you'll need that and your hand stamp to get back in. That's for both parks, too. You can enter Disneyland either at the Main Gate or on the Monorail in Downtown Disney. California Adventure I believe you can only enter at the Main Gate, not through Grand Californian unless you are a guest. I'm sketchy on that detail, so if anyone knows, please post.

And yes!! go see Aladdin. The show is very, very good and the genie is so funny.

I hope you do a trip report for us, I'm looking forward to hearing about your adventures at Disneyland! Don't forget to go see the waterfalls at the Disneyland Hotel after your romantic dinner at Hook's Pointe.

2000 - Infinity: DLR Premium Annual Passholder
    Sixty minutes from my front door to Sleeping Beauty's Castle!

Post Thanks / Like

Make time for Aladdin!!! It's worth it.

Post Thanks / Like

If you have 3 days at DLR you have more than enough time to see Aladdin. Try to make it to the 1st show of the day. IMHO it's one of the best stage shows DLR has ever done.

The hand stamp does guarantee you re-entry later in the day, even if the park isn't taking any other guests due to capacity.

The entry from the Grand Californian into DCA is reserved for Hotel Guests, unless you are eating in one of the restaurants (or have a CM that doesn"t care) ...

Have fun!
    Michael aka: NotaGeek

INTERCOT Insider Live Podcast Staff
    WDW 1/6/16 - 1/11/16 - BRING ON THE COWBELLS!

Please s
    upport INTERCOT Sponsors!

Post Thanks / Like

Wow thanks guys! I'm so glad that I can zip in and out of the park with a stamp and my ticket

And now I will definately see Alladin..last time I did far too little research to DLR, mostly because it was not in our schedule (we had rented an RV to go to Las Vegas and Los Angeles) and we then decided to go to DLR for 2 days.

And I have never done a trip report before..might be kinda cool to do it!

Again, Thanks guys!
    DLP:
    Going November 2008

WDW:
    Dec./January 2007
    Going June 2008

DLR:
    Dec. 2006 - Dec. 2007
    Going July 2008

Post Thanks / Like

I've mentioned this before but I think there should be a place for planning and trip reports from the parks around the world.

Perhaps in time , you could be one of our DLP experts?
    ~~Have a Disney Day~~
    ºoº WDW 9-83, 9-84, 9-88, 9-93, 5-94, 5-95, 5-96, 9-99, 9-07
    ºoº TDL 6-83, 9-91
    ºoº DLR many, many

Post Thanks / Like

Perhaps in time , you could be one of our DLP experts?
    Wow, I would be absolutely thrilled and honored should that ever be asked of me! I would love to help you guys like you have always helped me on on WDW and DLR

I think DLRP is very underrated because of the whole Euro Disney disaster but Disney has really put an amazing effort in DLRP the last few years and with ToT now at Disney Studios and more planned, it´s gonna be amazing!
    But enough about that

I have one side-question btw, how can I get to the monorail in Downtown Disney the quickest? I am staying at Best Western Pavillions, that's somewhat to the west of DCA. Do I have to walk all the way to the east entrance of DLR or is there also an entrance on the west side?
    DLP:
    Going November 2008

WDW:
    Dec./January 2007
    Going June 2008

DLR:
    Dec. 2006 - Dec. 2007
    Going July 2008

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Disney-lovin' Dutchman View Post
    I have one side-question btw, how can I get to the monorail in Downtown Disney the quickest? I am staying at Best Western Pavillions, that's somewhat to the west of DCA. Do I have to walk all the way to the east entrance of DLR or is there also an entrance on the west side?
    The Monorail only has 2 stops at DLR. One in DTD by Rainforest Cafe/Disneyland Hotel and one in Tomorrow Land inside Disneyland. It's not really mode of transportation like at WDW ... it's more an Attraction. Very convenient for a late night trip back to the Hotel, but honestly I usually end up walking because it's only 10 minutes walk from the Bag Check to the Disneyland Hotel.
    Michael aka: NotaGeek

INTERCOT Insider Live Podcast Staff
    WDW 1/6/16 - 1/11/16 - BRING ON THE COWBELLS!

Please s
    upport INTERCOT Sponsors!

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

I agree with everyone, Aladdin is worth what ever time it takes you. It is truly a great production.
    As far as the hand-stamping guarantee for re-entry, I have to question NotAGeek on that one. During our previous holiday stays, we have been told if the park reaches capacity the gates will be closed. This is a safety law watched very closely by the fire marshall. However, when we stayed at a DLR resort we were given a letter stating that as hotel guest we would be allowed re-entry in the event that capacity was reached. Good-neighbor hotels were not included in this offer.
    First Trip To DL 11/56
    DLR PAP (for a long time and currently)
    July 17, 2005 I was there!
    July 17, 2010 I was there!
    VMK - Tinkcollector R.I.P.
    Member #1660 on Intercot West
    Tinkcollector on Intercot-West (R.I.P., good bye West-Side.)
    D23 Charter Member

Post Thanks / Like

Really? hmm that's got me worried a bit..but it would seem more logical that you can return with a handstamp. Because when they close the park because it is full, they already assume you are in there because they have no way of knowing you have left the park right?
    DLP:
    Going November 2008

WDW:
    Dec./January 2007
    Going June 2008

DLR:
    Dec. 2006 - Dec. 2007
    Going July 2008

Post Thanks / Like

Hey DLD,
    I'm going up today to see the Candlelight Ceremony - I'll ask the CMs if you can reenter with a hand stamp even if the park is at capacity. Then you won't have to worry!

Post Thanks / Like

Would you do that? Thanks so much!!
    DLP:
    Going November 2008

WDW:
    Dec./January 2007
    Going June 2008

DLR:
    Dec. 2006 - Dec. 2007
    Going July 2008

Post Thanks / Like

I think that entering the park via the monorail at Downtown Disney is the besy way to go in the morning. My wife and I try to do it that way whenever we're over there, and my friends who live in Southern Cali say that it is the best way also (Unless you want to see the opening of the park itself). The line there is never as long as the ones at the front gate. It drops you off inside the park and you can be on your way to Pirates of the Caribbean!!!
    "When I think of vacation, I think of Disney. I really do. They allow you just to open up your imagination and just be a kid again. There's nothing like it in the world."

"There's no rest on planetary duty." -Paul Watson

You'll Never Walk Alone - Justice For The 96!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Okay, we asked 4 CM's and three gave a definite yes answer and 1 said maybe.

Two CM's explained that capacity is based on ticket sales, so even if you leave the park, they count you as still being inside. Let's say they can have 90,000 people and 30,000 have left, they still consider the park to have 90,000 because there is the potential that all 30,000 will come back in. And they base the capacity on previous years, etc. One CM started getting too mathematical at this point and my eyes glazed over. Apparently he worked the front gate for awhile and knew all the tricks. I was just happy with his 'yes'.

I hope this helps alleviate some of your worries!

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you very much, Aisling! That´s a load of my mind

Now I can tell my grandmother that she can probably do some shopping
    DLP:
    Going November 2008

WDW:
    Dec./January 2007
    Going June 2008

DLR:
    Dec. 2006 - Dec. 2007
    Going July 2008

Post Thanks / Like

You are so welcome, glad I could help!!

SHOPPING!!!!! yes, grandma needs to go shopping. (and how cool are you that you are bringing Grandma to Disneyland!)

There is a lot of good shopping in DTD, but if you like a nice bath be sure to stop in Basin to get some bath bombs. They are amazing. And much needed after a day of walking the parks.

Post Thanks / Like

You are so welcome, glad I could help!!

SHOPPING!!!!! yes, grandma needs to go shopping. (and how cool are you that you are bringing Grandma to Disneyland!)

There is a lot of good shopping in DTD, but if you like a nice bath be sure to stop in Basin to get some bath bombs. They are amazing. And much needed after a day of walking the parks.
    Well,actually it's the other way around I am 22 years old and my grandmother is 69 and extremely young for her age you know? She loves rollercoasters and ToT so it's really fun! I am not ashamed of her at all, she is like my age in terms of humor and behaviour. And it makes up for the fact that the rest of my family is 10.000 miles away in Holland, and off course I miss them terribly but having some family with me is a great comfort

She was the one who started my fascination with WDW. When I was 4 she went to WDW and DLR and videotaped it. I think I watched the tapes of that so many times as a kid that when I was 17 and my little brother was 15 she asked us to go with her to Florida and to WDW. I was over the moon!!

I absolutely loved it, it was like a dream come true and ever since I am hooked on Disney My little brother didn't like it that much so he didn't come on the next trips but I went every year since then and loved every minute of it so I can't wait! 3 more weeks!!!!

So...I'm sorry for this terribly long and off topic post
    DLP:
    Going November 2008

WDW:
    Dec./January 2007
    Going June 2008

DLR:
    Dec. 2006 - Dec. 2007