Quantcast Hotel Ménage Anaheim Boutique Hotel

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hotel Ménage Anaheim Boutique Hotel

Hello all,

I am fairly new to the intercot boards, but I had a question I hope that one of you fine people will be able to help me with

This April me, my daughter, wife, and one of our best friends will be venturing to Disneyland (my 5th time, daughters 3rd time, wifes millionth time, and friends first time).

Anyway the package we are looking at includes a 4 night stay at this hotel, and I was wondering if there was anything anyone could tell me about it?
    "Dumb Luck Is The Best Kind There Is"

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I haven't stayed there or seen anyone on here that has talked about it, but Trip Advisor has some interesting reviews. You can't alway take them to heart, but if you weigh the good and bad it gives you a good idea of what to expect.

There are several posts here about great hotels in walking distance to the park ... from the map on the Hotel's Website this property looks to be a little further than a quick walk home after park closing ... it might be worth checking out properties as well!
    Michael aka: NotaGeek

INTERCOT Insider Live Podcast Staff
    WDW 1/6/16 - 1/11/16 - BRING ON THE COWBELLS!

Please s
    upport INTERCOT Sponsors!

Post Thanks / Like

This hotel used to be something like a Motel 6 (similar type), and it was refurbished recently into this "new" hotel. Its location is pretty bad; it is not within easy walking distance to the parks and is located in a little corner between the 5 freeway, Ball Road, and Harbor Blvd. The traffic noise is probably horrendous...

We pass this hotel every time we go to DL, since we exit Harbor and turn onto Ball Rd. to access the parking structure. This hotel looks nice on the outside, but it is probably pretty dumpy inside. It's not a place I'd stay with kids, since there are SO many better options, right on Harbor across from Disneyland. You can do better than this hotel...
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

I can't comment on the hotel itself other than to say what I have seen from the outside. On the corner of a busy intersection, Ball & Harbor, and near an Interstate 5 offramp it may get some traffic noise. Personally I would go for something a bit closer to the front gate which would provide the option of an easy walk.

It just recently became the Ménage, can't remember what it used to be, so perhaps there was some upgrading between the changing of hands. But, upgraded from what to what I couldn't say.

Looks like Natalie posted just as I started typing my post. We seem to have about the same opinion.
    Last edited by tinkwest; 01-08-2008 at 01:11 PM. Reason: added last paragraph
    Linda aka tinkwest
    INTERCOT Staff ~ Disneyland Resort

Come On Everybody - Here We Go!!

“To all who come to this happy place: Welcome. ...”

Support our INTERCOT Sponsors!

Post Thanks / Like

Right now im still looking around at Expedia, and Orbitz and whatnot, trying to find a good deal.

Price is going to be a big factor in our trip, and we really want to try and get the best we can for our dollar (Hey who doesnt?) And one of the draws of this hotel that my wife liked was that you could watch the fireworks show from the hotel balconies (At least thats what she found on a few reviews of the hotel)

Normally when we come to Southern Cali we stay closer to John Wayne Airport, but this time were going to spend at least 2 or 3 days at the park, so we wanna stay a little closer.
    "Dumb Luck Is The Best Kind There Is"

Dallas, TX (1424.06 miles from the Disneyland Resort)
    Post Thanks / Like

I doubt based on the location that you would be able to see anything but the highest fireworks.

Check out the Fairfield across the street for the best view of the fireworks from outside the park.

The Ramada and Best Western on Harbor are also good values and much more convienent to the parks.

Post Thanks / Like

You can also see the fireworks from the balcony of the Fairfield Inn (and it's a great rate and location) ... but IMO the fireworks lose ALL their magic if you aren't on Main Street to hear the music!
    Michael aka: NotaGeek

INTERCOT Insider Live Podcast Staff
    WDW 1/6/16 - 1/11/16 - BRING ON THE COWBELLS!

Please s
    upport INTERCOT Sponsors!

Post Thanks / Like

Don't base your decision on whether or not you can see fireworks from your room...just see them in person, the way you should! Seriously, the DL fireworks are really only great from in front of the castle. Even seeing them from other parts of the park is just not that good, since many, many of the fireworks are low to the ground.

Consider the Candy Cane Inn, Fairfield Inn, and the Howard Johnson's for the closest to the park and best prices.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

When we stayed there 10 years ago it was a Holiday Inn. Since then it has been a few different hotels. It says it was renovated last year. But still, I can't see that they could do too much to a simpe room. I wouldn't pay more than $49-$59 a night for this place. It would be a good 15-20 walk to Disneyland and a good 20-30 minute walk home. It is across the highway from Disneyland, so your fireworks viewing will be minimun. There are only a couple of sequences were they shoot off fireworks high enough to be seen from this hotel.

Now we stayed at the Howard Johnson's the last time we visited in September. Honda USA rented out the park after hours on a Thursday night and they had their own fireworks. From our balcony, we had a perfect view of the fireworks. But like everyone says, the best views for you to be standing in front of the castle, totally worth it! The rooms at Hojo have 2 queen beds and the rooms are quite large. The have a nice pool (actually 2) and a hot tub. It is about a 6 minute walk to Disneyland and a 10-12 minute walk back to hotel. You can usually get a good AAA, senior, military discount if you book early enough. I would give them a look.

Post Thanks / Like

We stayed here last April, got a good deal on a room/breakfast. We were fairly near the freeway so it was a little noisy but overall it suited us fine.
    Agreed, we would not make this our only fireworks experience but since we could not go to the parks everyday (we were there for 2 days business + 1 day of fun) it was nice to have that as a little bonus when we returned from our day's work. It would be a bit of a hike to the parks. We had a rental car so that was not a problem for us. Breakfast was good and the hotel was clean. We would not hesitate to book here again.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: