Quantcast New Kids on the Block Reunion

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default New Kids on the Block Reunion

Well I guess Jordan Knight is hardup for cash. Do you remember when VH1 had a show a few years back where this guy went to all these old groups and tried to get them to reunite for one show? The catch was every member had to say yes. I'm pretty sure that Jordan was the only one who said no when they did New Kids.

New Kids On The Block Stage Comeback

After months of speculation and rumor, the Kids are coming back. A well-placed source tells PEOPLE exclusively that New Kids On The Block are indeed getting back together.

The band's Web site, www.nkotb.com, which had been dormant, is now back up and running in anticipation of the official announcement, which the source says will be made in the next few weeks.

The site currently features a television graphic with a fuzzy, flickering photos of NKOTB in their heyday, and a link inviting fans to sign up for info.

The boy band, which made legions of tweens swoon in the early '90s, selling more than 50 million albums, became a worldwide phenomenon before calling it quits in 1994.

Eighteen years later, they're still "Hangin' Tough." The oldest "Kid," Jonathan Knight, now a real estate developer, will turn 40 later this year. Since the band's demise, former members Donnie Wahlberg, 38, and Joey McIntyre, 35, have seen acting success, while Danny Wood, 38, has worked as a music producer and Knight's brother, Jordan, 37, has continued to record.
    -People
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Like, OMG! I actually remember that special. Jordan actually said yes. They couldn't get Danny to say yes to it. I guess he has come lucrative producing career now. I thought Jonathan would say no since he had so many problems after the group originally broke up. I think I read he sells real estate in the Boston area now.

Oh well...I think I might actually go see them in a reunion. I never had the chance to see them when they were big (wow, that takes me back to fourth grade...).

I think I'm waiting more for that N'Sync reunion...
    DW of lotrfan
    Offsite - '81-'86
    DL - '89, '97, '05
    POFQ - '94, '95
    FW - '96
    POR - '98, '01
    CBR - '08 (Honeymoon)
    AsMo - '09 (Princess 5K & 1st Anniversary)
    DCL - Dec. '11 (30th b-day gift)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by brewcrew26 View Post
    Like, OMG! I actually remember that special. Jordan actually said yes. They couldn't get Danny to say yes to it.
    You're right! I think I was confusing that with Jordan being on the Surreal Life and talking about how he wanted to move on and really get a solo career going.
    ~M.~

11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm really surprised Jonathan has agreed to this. I've seen him on a few programs throughout the years (Oprah comes to mind) and he has a severe anxiety problem, which is why he quit in the first place.

Post Thanks / Like

Can't wait to see this. Right Stuff and Please Don't Go Girl are still my jams!
    Next Trip: 2008 (hoping and praying)
    POR-August 2007

Post Thanks / Like

OMG! This totally takes me back to 8th grade! Me and my best friend went to a New Kids concert at Giant Stadium! Can you believe they played in Giant Stadium?!
    Melissa

4/87 offsite, 3/05 AKL, 10/06 WL, 3/08 GF, 1/09 WL, 3/09 Poly, 10/09 SSR, 1/10 AKV, 10/10 BLT, 12/10 AKV, 2/11 Poly, 5/11 BCV, 10/11 BLT, 12/11 WL, 5/12 1st Cruise on the Dream & BWV, 10/12 BLT!

"...That's the real trouble with the world, too many people grow up." Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ncscgirl2005 View Post
    Can't wait to see this. Right Stuff and Please Don't Go Girl are still my jams!
    Was there like a song called Calendar Girl that Joey sang? Loved that song!! I think Step By Step was the first CD my mom let me go out and buy.

I wonder if they come back to tour if it would all be 25-40-year-olds in the audience? I can't imagine with all the Hannah Montana and HSM craze that tweens would want to go see NKOTB unless their parents made them.
    DW of lotrfan
    Offsite - '81-'86
    DL - '89, '97, '05
    POFQ - '94, '95
    FW - '96
    POR - '98, '01
    CBR - '08 (Honeymoon)

Post Thanks / Like

I have to admit that if they come to my city, I will go
    I had the biggest crush on Jordan and that was my first concert ever to go to.

Doesn't it seem funny to call them New Kids on the Block, when they are all in their 30's and up!
    They'll probably go by NKOTB, but it's still a funny visual!

I think I'm waiting more for that N'Sync reunion...
    I am SO with you on this, my dirty little secret is an obsession with N'Sync! But I have a feeling that Justin wouldn't okay a reunion.
    When they were in the height of their fame, my friends and I travelled all over watching their shows and hunting them
    That was many moons ago when I had nothing better to do with my time or money though!
    Liz
    March 2006-POP!
    September 2007-POP!

Post Thanks / Like

I would also love an *//\\// SYNC reunion hah!
    Well now the denials are starting... Danny released this statement:

"Hello to everyone. Hope all is well and everyone is enjoying the New Year. I wanted to address the rumors of the NKOTB Reunion Tour. There has been no talk of this and you are getting it from source directly. Never say never, and you can't believe everything you read.

On another note my solo record will be released in Australia in March. There are a few new songs on it and I hope you guys will check it out. Thank you so much for your continued support.

Dwood"
    ~M.~

11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come

Post Thanks / Like

This is horrible news!!!

I almost want to
    "in darkness there is power"

Post Thanks / Like

I read the following on PerezHilton.com:

Danny Wood just sent out the following bulletin to all his MySpace friends:

"Hello to everyone. Hope all is well and everyone is enjoying the New Year. I wanted to address the rumors of the NKOTB Reunion Tour. There has been no talk of this and you are getting it from source directly. Never say never, and you can't believe everything you read.

On another note my solo record will be released in Australia in March. There are a few new songs on it and I hope you guys will check it out. Thank you so much for your continued support.

Dwood"
    Michael aka: NotaGeek

INTERCOT Insider Live Podcast Staff
    WDW 1/6/16 - 1/11/16 - BRING ON THE COWBELLS!

Please s
    upport INTERCOT Sponsors!

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Michael... I actually posted the same info in this thread a few hours earlier, 2 posts back

Anywho, he has added to his statement:

"Hi to all the New Kids On The Block fans, I wanted to clarify since my first post this morning regarding the NKOTB reunion. I loved being a part of the group, and have always thought "maybe someday we'll get back together" – you just never know when your someday will come. I can guarantee all the fans that if this reunion were to happen, they would hear about it first on www.NKOTB.com "
    ~M.~

11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PirateLover View Post
    Hey Michael... I actually posted the same info in this thread a few hours earlier, 2 posts back

"Hi to all the New Kids On The Block fans, I wanted to clarify since my first post this morning regarding the NKOTB reunion. I loved being a part of the group, and have always thought "maybe someday we'll get back together" – you just never know when your someday will come. I can guarantee all the fans that if this reunion were to happen, they would hear about it first on www.NKOTB.com "
    Looks like you got the scoop on the New Kids gossip!

Please s

Post Thanks / Like

me and my friends were all about nkotb. this summer i went on ebay and got all the cd's again for my sis birthday party. my sis was too young to go to the concerts with us back then so if they did come back for a tour i would take her and prob scream my head off just like i did then
    jen

Post Thanks / Like

NKOTB wasn't just for the tween crowd! I had a poster of Jordan on my door in college!!! Not to mention, I remember vividly dialing Oprah when the tickets were released for their appearance on her show. Oh man...they were so hot!! I think I would still let Jordan sing to me (just don't tell DH)...
    First trip...02/72 Fort Wilderness
    Last trip...2/2016 Boardwalk Inn
    Next trip...2/2017 Boardwalk Inn Princess Half Weekend

"Mama, another gator got in the house"

"Don't make me turn this formation around!"

Post Thanks / Like

Aw man! I actually got a little excited when I read the original post. Sigh...

Since we're all outting ourselves, I absolutely LOVED Menudo and still do. Some of the old member get together every once in a while and tour. The last time I saw them in person was in the late 90s, and yes, it was all women in their late 20s and 30s.

ºOºprprincessºOº

WDW-75, 79, 89, 91, 98, 04: Offsite; 01: ASMs & CSR; 02: Dolphin; 03: GF & POR; 06: POFQ & BC; 08: WL; 09: CBR
    DL--97-98: AP Holder

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PirateLover View Post

This statement is still pretty vague and could mean that they are going to announce something in the future. We can hope
    That would be such a blast from the past!
    Liz
    March 2006-POP!
    September 2007-POP!

Post Thanks / Like

One of the DJs at the station I work for said the guys were on the View yesterday and said that the reunion was a go. I haven't had the chance to search online for anything confirming that.
    DW of lotrfan
    Offsite - '81-'86
    DL - '89, '97, '05
    POFQ - '94, '95
    FW - '96
    POR - '98, '01
    CBR - '08 (Honeymoon)

Post Thanks / Like

One of the DJs at the station I work for said the guys were on the View yesterday and said that the reunion was a go. I haven't had the chance to search online for anything confirming that.
    They were not on the view. The hosts talked about it during hot topics. There is still nothing that says it's for sure. At this point I won't believe it until I see tickets for sale ... and then I won't buy them, but at least all you NKOTB fans can relive your youth!

As said previously, their website is teasing of a reunion, and to be honest, why would anyone have a brand new website since the band is basically broke with no record deal if there wasn't a reunion in the works? You can go to their website at www.nkotb.com and sign up for exclusive information if you would like to be in their mailing list. Good luck!

Please s

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanears View Post
    I'm really surprised Jonathan has agreed to this. I've seen him on a few programs throughout the years (Oprah comes to mind) and he has a severe anxiety problem, which is why he quit in the first place.
    I remember that. He also had a lot of difficulty doing the interview 4 or 5 years ago when VH1 did that Bands Reunited tv show. I wish they'd bring back that show.
    Go Nashville Predators!
    9/09 ASMo
    10/08 ASMu
    9/07 Caribbean Beach
    1/07 Marriott - family trip

9/06 Coronado Springs

09/03 Coronado Springs - Honeymoon
    10/99 Coronado Springs

06/96 Old Key West
    07/93 Beach Club
    12/91 Offsite - High School Trip

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast