Quantcast Kali River Rapids or Bluto's Bilge Rat Barges

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

View Poll Results: Which ride is better Kali River Rapids or Bluto's Bilge Rat Barges

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kali River Rapids

30 56.60%
  • Bluto's Bilge Rat Barges

23 43.40%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Kali River Rapids or Bluto's Bilge Rat Barges

I saw the poll about simpsons vs toy story mania and thought I would try to make a poll.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

For those of you that have never been on it...Bluto's is a much, much better ride! The only thing is you are guaranteed to get soaked! It's a fun, long ride though.
    Too many trips to keep track of now! Vacation WDW twice a year so any questions ask freely ☺️

Post Thanks / Like

i love kali river rapids it is awesome.

Post Thanks / Like

There's really no comparison, Without actually checking facts, Bluto's Bilge Rat Barges has to be at least double the length and a million times more fun. Had a front of the line pass one time and just kept going around and around and around and around...

I don't even bother with Kali, when the lines are short, it's usually too cold, and when it's hot enough, the lines make it unbearable for what it offers.

Post Thanks / Like

Where is Bluto's?

I picked Kali....cause it's Disney and I've never been on Bluto's. Last time we went on Kali it was pouring down rain so it was even more fun. At least we thoughts so....the people in our raft didn't. They kept complaining.
    Go Nashville Predators!
    9/09 ASMo
    10/08 ASMu
    9/07 Caribbean Beach
    1/07 Marriott - family trip

9/06 Coronado Springs

09/03 Coronado Springs - Honeymoon
    10/99 Coronado Springs

06/96 Old Key West
    07/93 Beach Club
    12/91 Offsite - High School Trip

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BelleLovesTheBeast View Post
    Where is Bluto's?

I picked Kali....cause it's Disney and I've never been on Bluto's. Last time we went on Kali it was pouring down rain so it was even more fun. At least we thoughts so....the people in our raft didn't. They kept complaining.
    I had only been on several raft rides Kings Dominion,Six Flags and Myrtle Beach So whenI went to AK in 2002 we rode Kali and I thought that this was the best raft ride ever and couldn't be improved upon. Last year even though it was February I finally planned ahead enough to wear a bathing suit and minimal clothing to strip down to so I wouldn't freeze after being soaked and rode Bluto's. It had everything Kali did but when I thought it was over it wasn't. We got soked but IMHO it is much better than Kali. If it was based on characters other than Popeye I think it would be more popular since I don't think the younger generations didn't grow up watching Popeye. You don't hear much about this ride but if it was a Disney ride with more popular characters it would be a MUST do. Universal Islands of Adventure has Bluto's and Dudley Do-rights Ripsaw falls both are really good rides. Dudley is kind of like Splash Mountain but as with Bluto's you WILL get soaked. I know this a Disney board but after seeing the poll about Toy story mania and Simpson ride in Universal studios I thought existing rides would be a better example since they were both actually open and running.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

One year I had a IOA pass and I grew to love Bluto and Dudley. I'd go over there with a towel & change of clothes in a waterproof bag, ride both those wet rides 2 or 3 times until I just couldn't get any wetter, then go change in a restroom. Always fun to walk past my still dripping fellow riders and see their surprise at my dry clothes.

I'd hit Hulk or Spidey or Dragons before heading home. Then I'd come back a few days later and do it all over again.

Sorry, Kali... Bluto eats you for lunch.
    Dec 1977 - my 1st MK visit
    1978-1994 - annual 1-day visits from TN OH and PA
    1995 - moved to Orlando
    1995-today - many many short visits with SP's and AP's
    2003-today - taking photos all over WDW

Post Thanks / Like

Bluto is 100x better than Kali.

Splash, on the other hand, is much better than Dudley, even though Dudley is good too.
    Geaux Tigers!

Last Trip: Honeymoon at DL and So. Cal. CityPass 5/27 - 6/2/2007

Next trip: WDW 9/6-12/2009 @ Pop for DD's 4th birthday!

Follow the trip on Twitter: scottinwdw.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BelleLovesTheBeast View Post
    Where is Bluto's?

I had only been on several raft rides Kings Dominion,Six Flags and Myrtle Beach So whenI went to AK in 2002 we rode Kali and I thought that this was the best raft ride ever and couldn't be improved upon. Last year even though it was February I finally planned ahead enough to wear a bathing suit and minimal clothing to strip down to so I wouldn't freeze after being soaked and rode Bluto's. It had everything Kali did but when I thought it was over it wasn't. We got soked but IMHO it is much better than Kali. If it was based on characters other than Popeye I think it would be more popular since I don't think the younger generations didn't grow up watching Popeye. You don't hear much about this ride but if it was a Disney ride with more popular characters it would be a MUST do. Universal Islands of Adventure has Bluto's and Dudley Do-rights Ripsaw falls both are really good rides. Dudley is kind of like Splash Mountain but as with Bluto's you WILL get soaked. I know this a Disney board but after seeing the poll about Toy story mania and Simpson ride in Universal studios I thought existing rides would be a better example since they were both actually open and running.

Post Thanks / Like

Phew! I'm relieved because i'm a Disney freak, but again...Bluto's is much better than Kali...I'm glad I'm not the only 1 that thinks so!
    Too many trips to keep track of now! Vacation WDW twice a year so any questions ask freely ☺️

Post Thanks / Like

Not even Eating Spinach could make Kali better than Bluto's.

Bluto's is my favorite ride at IOA.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyRox View Post
    I don't even bother with Kali, when the lines are short, it's usually too cold, and when it's hot enough, the lines make it unbearable for what it offers.

Oh, man. I am with you on this one.

I chalk it up as one od those attractions that I went on, probably will never go on again, but it is nice to know it exists.....kinda like IASW.

Post Thanks / Like

I've only been on Bluto's once. And that was in 2000!!!!

So while I remembering it being fun - and that I got soaked - I had to vote for Kali!

When we go in the summer months - (June and August) we ride it first thing to avoid the lines.

If you go close to the opening of the park - you can ride it several times without needing a fast pass.
    SSR & BC DVC Member
    Coming up - BWV July '18
    BWI '98, BWV '05, '08-16
    BLT - '15, '17
    Beach Club '96, BCV - '04, '06, 09
    Swan '07
    Contemporary - '91, '94, '02, '04
    Wilderness Lodge '00, VWL, 08
    Off Site - '80's

Post Thanks / Like

I voted for Kali river rapids purely because I have not done the other one. I know nothing can be as bad a kali though
    Taylor

been over 10 times and aint stoppin.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh Blutos ride wins hands down as a water ride ..sorry Disney but the Kali rapids doesnt get close ...

Virginia - 775 miles/12hrs from the magic
    Post Thanks / Like

Has to be Kali as it is the only one at WDW!!!
    '09~Pop
    '08~Pop,CR
    '07~Pop,POR
    '06~WL,Pop
    '05~CSR, Pop, CBR
    '04~ASSp, ASMu, Pop
    '03~ASMo,POR,Poly
    '02~WL
    '01~ASMo
    '00~Off Site :0(
    '95~ASSp
    Sept 1991~Honeymoon~Off Site

Post Thanks / Like

Don't want to sound too much like a company shill but I have been to Orlando 6 times and have never had the urge to go anywhere but WDW. Kali all the way.
    It's not 'work' if your doing something you enjoy. Let's just say that I 'work' 5 days out of every 7.

And why do I work? So that I can take my family to WDW, silly goose!

00 - Swan
    03 - Caribbean Beach
    04 - Animal Kingdom Lodge
    06 - POR
    07 - Contemporary
    08 - POR
    09 - POR
    2010 - Disney Wonder

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, how it makes me chuckle when people who have not been on both rides vote in a "WHICH IS BETTER" poll.

My guess would be that the OP wants to hear from people who have ACTUALLY RIDDEN BOTH RIDES.

Being one of those folks, I can tell you that Bluto is a MUCH better ride. Not as good a STORY, but a better ride.

I have to laugh at the "It must be better because it's Disney" attitude.
    I really, really, love Disney but sorry folks, there is another theme park in the Orlando area, and they actually do some things BETTER than Disney.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kdsjjb View Post
    I really, really, love Disney but sorry folks, there is another theme park in the Orlando area, and they actually do some things BETTER than Disney.
    That's what happens when you let go of a lot of your talent in downsizing, etc. IMHO, IOA is the best themed park in Orlando. AK is a close second.

Post Thanks / Like

I have only been on kali and was very disappointed.

It was a hot August day 99 degrees and was so wanting to get wet. I don't think I got a drop on me. My husband got drenched and hated that too. I also thought it was boring. At the end I couldn't believe it was over and people wait SO long for it. I don't think I would do it again unless there was a VERY short line.

I know most people won't agree with me, but Oh well.... but I will try Bluto's sometime when we go there.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: