Quantcast Pop Pool

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: Pop Pool

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pop Pool

Hey guys

My question is about the pool at POP. I am wanting my sis to enjoy the pool with myself and my neice but she is totally against wearing a bathing suit. Does anyone know if you HAVE to wear a bathing suit or could you just wear a pair of shorts and t-shirt?

Thanks in advance

1994 Senior trip stayed offsite
    May '08 staying at POP
    May '10 staying at POP/honeymoon
    Sept '15 staying at Caribbean Beach Resort

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile

I think it would be OK as long as the shorts are not cut off denim. That may fray and clog th e filter. Other places have rules about not wearing cut off denim.
    first visIt: November 1973
    next planned visit: October, 2013 with friends
    resident Fairy Godmother

hearts are warmed when friends meet

see ya real soon

~*~*~*disneydeb*~*~*~

Post Thanks / Like

Wink

If your Sis doesn't want to wear a swim suit, there are other options. She could get a "Board Suit", which is a one-piece that has shorts that reach just above the knee (like surfers) or get a Tankini top with a pair of shorts and wear a sarong wrong over it. Hope you n-joy your trip!
    "I'm No fool, no siree! I'm gonna live to be 103! I play safe for you & me 'cause I'm no fool!"

Offsite 2004 (Travelodge Suites)
    Offsite 2005 (TS Eategate Orange)
    POP 2007 (May)
    POP 2007 (July-Aug)
    POP 2008 (May)
    Offsite Aug 2009
    CBR 2010 (May)
    Offsite Aug 2010

Salisbury, Md 14 hours, 21 minutes or 903.36 miles From Disney
    Post Thanks / Like

if she is self conscious about wearing a suit I don't see why they would not allow her to wear short sin teh pool men do right? like other posters have said as long as they are not cut offs. I use dto be a life guard and the strings do clog the filters to teh point of having to close down a pool and what not but she can try maybe a swim suit with a t shirt and a pair of board shorts( surfer shorts). that way once her shirt is wet no matter what color it is still a family experience and not a wet tshirt contest if you get my drift. have a fun and magical trip.
    ºoº Josette ºoº
    ~*~Next up~*~
    November 2015
    Surprise trip(Pop Century)

Just because I cannot see it, doesn't mean I can't believe it! -Jack Skellington

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know if you have a Kohls by you but they have a lot of great suits that cover well. I hate swim suits also but I am afraid she may look sillier to wear shorts and t shirt. Tell her to look for the suits with skirts or shorts with them. And I always wear a t-shirt over my suit to keep from burning.
    Tell her that it will mean so much to her daughter if she swims with her. My mom never put on a swim suit. So, I never got to swim with her. I know that it is important to have your Mom do fun things with you so I just look fat and get in the pool with the kids.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not a big fan of swimsuits, but we do a lot of swimming all year 'round (at the gym), so I make sure I find something I feel comfortable wearing in front of lots of people. Fasion Bug stores (and online) have great "swim dresses" for those of us who don't want to wear a skimpy suit. Maybe your sis could find one of these that she likes?
    "That’s the real trouble with the world, too many people grow up." ~Walt Disney

Disneyland 1987
    WDW 1992
    POFQ 6/25/01-7/1/01
    POP 6/26/06-7/1/06
    POP 8/4/08-8/9/08
    POR 8/5/09-8/12/09
    POR 10/27-10/31
    Next Trip- POR 6/23-6/28

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: