Quantcast Retiring From VMK

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Retiring From VMK

VMK was a daily thing for me a few years ago. With the difficult job I had, talking to everyone here and playing the games was an enjoyable escape at the end of the day.

However, the job is gone, and the games seem to have become more hand intensive (with my hand pain, I can't play as much as before).

I've unofficially been off VMK for a while, but I'm now officially retiring from the game, as I realize that even visiting just to talk is too much typing for me. I'll still be reading Intercot, though, to see how everyone is doing.

Here's my question: What do I do with my stuff? I don't want to just let my character get deleted, as I have some rare and uncommon items, as well as over 50,000 credits. I'd like to give everything to you guys, to run a quest for everyone, if someone were willing to do it.

Any advice?

Oh, and I apologize if I've put this in the wrong section.
    Gina a.k.a. cheshirecollector
    VMK name: Venetia

Next Trip: TBA

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Venetia. Sorry to see you go, but it is understandable.

As far as your stuff...do you have a quest machine? I do not, but if you have a machine, then you could make a simple quest to give your stuff and credits away.

Hope that helps.
    Karen/SparkleMeTink
    "That's me: wife, mother, superhero...I'm sure you can relate" - Mrs Incredible

"All you need is Faith, Trust and a little Pixie Dust"

1999 - Dixie Landing
    2005 - All Star Sports

Post Thanks / Like

I dont even know you and miss you already! Us big ppl have to stick together on VMK before it all goes to Taken & Cute or Boot! LOL Seriously thought I completely understand what youre saying about going just to talk (and then being forced into baby language or having to wait for typing too fast). A quest would be fun. Im usually terrible at most but I love to play em!

If you have a good friend maybe give them your character..? I know VMK says you cant buy sell or trade your character but I dont see why you cant give your character to someone.

'94-DVC OKW * '94-'96 OKW * '97 OKW, BWV * '98 OKW, DI * '99 OKW, FW * '00 OKW, VB * '01 OKW,Y&BC,BWV * '02 SSR * '03-'05 OKW*2006 BWV,AKL*'07 OKW * '08 AKV, SSR * '10 BLT * '11 BLT Next: 03/13 WL

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to see you go Venetia

But I can understand and with it being difficult to type it is difficult to play the game.

If you really are going to go forever and you want to give your things away my advice would be if you have a quest machine which I think you do right? Like Tink said make a very easy quest and put all of your rare things as well as credits inside and open it to your friends only. Only reason I wouldn't open it to everybody is because don't really think random people who never seen you before coming for just your stuff is right.

But its up to you of course I do hope you would come to visit sometimes if you are able to
    Chris

Recent Trips

January 09
    May 08
    Oct-Nov 07

May 07

Post Thanks / Like

The thing is, it's difficult for me to do the quest. There's so much time and typing required, both to set it up, and to talk during the quest. I'm sort of offering to donate my items for someone else's quest, if anyone is doing an Inside Out quest in the near future.

Only reason I wouldn't open it to everybody is because don't really think random people who never seen you before coming for just your stuff is right.
    Oops, sorry, by "everyone" I meant "everyone from Intercot".

Post Thanks / Like

Venetia I will miss you but I understand and hope you will pop in to visit sometimes when you can handle a little typing. If you would like I'd be glad to run your quest for you, but I hope you will sit with us while it runs!
    Mamacita
    AKA Mamacita in the VMK
    Past trips:
    WDWx7 (CBRx2, ASMx2, POR, Poly, FW)
    DLx7
    Next up, who knows!
    No time for goofin off, I got dawdlin to do!

Post Thanks / Like

I see you have an offer but if you need more help (not really sure what is involved w/a quest?), I'm sure my daughter would be willing to assist. Personally, I don't know much about VMK but she is on it quite a bit.
    Proud mom to Monorail_Red and goofhook and DD Jenn!
    Proud member of the magical Disney Parks Moms Panel family.

I am not a Disney employee. The postings here are my own and do not represent the positions or opinions of the Disney Company.

Post Thanks / Like

Even though I did not see you often, we are going to miss you.

Even if you log on every few weeks and do something. They should not be deleting your character, so if you feel your hand might do better later, keep your items :-)

Others on here probably know more about what needs to be done to keep your character active.
    VMK - Electro_Stitch
    World of Tanks - jjramsey
    VFK was - ElectroStitch

WDW:
    1 wk - '92
    1 wk - '93
    1 day - '00
    2 wks - '01
    1 month at one time! - '02
    2 wks - '03
    2 wks - '04 - during two of the hurricanes
    4+ wks - '06
    2+ wks - '07
    2 wks - '10
    2 wks - '11

...the next trip is...

Post Thanks / Like

Aww, sad to see you go Venetia, but I understand. I sure hope the pain will get better for you. We will all miss you.
    These three things will continue forever: faith, hope and love. And the greatest of these is love.

Post Thanks / Like

Aww darn, we'll miss you Venetia.

Running a quest is the simplest idea. Cita runs a pretty good quest and is probably on more than most of us to get it done.
    I'm not bad. I'm just drawn that way.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry that you're going, Colors! We'll miss you a ton. When your hand feels better stop by sometime on Intercot to say hi Hmm, don't know about the quest thing. If the quest typing and all is too much for you, maybe lend your account to someone to make the quest? Then maybe someone can open the room for you until the quest is done.
    Inferno. RIP VMK.
    -Happiest Place On Earth

Post Thanks / Like

I know how you feel Venetia. I'm playing Pirates online more and more. We've known each other a long time on VMK and will be happy to see you still posting here so we can stay in touch. With us both being Cheshire Cat fans we've always had a common bond.

I know Dino runs a lot of quests and he will make sure that the people you know will get the stuff.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for your responses, everyone. I'm planning on keeping my character, favorite outfit, and two favorite magic pins (teleport and bat 5-stars). The rest of the items I'd like to find homes for.

If anyone wants anything back that they gave me, please let me know. Otherwise, I'll probably give a few items to a non-Intercot friend in the game, and then go ahead with giving the items for a quest.

Cita, thanks for offering to do the quest. The last few I did in October involved much more typing than I expected - that's why I haven't tried another one. I can also split the items into multiple quests, if someone else is running an Intercot one soon and needs prizes.

Thanks again.

Post Thanks / Like

I would be happy to help you with a quest if you need it. One thing I would say to do though is to make sure it would only be Intercot friends is for whoever is opening the quest make the quest exclusive to Intercot people by giving out tickets and that is the only way to get into the quest.
    Chris

Recent Trips

January 09
    May 08
    Oct-Nov 07

May 07

Post Thanks / Like

I guess this is a mute point now that the game is going away in a month.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, what timing.

Post Thanks / Like

Lol, Colors you might have jinxed it. :P Next time I'll follow you when something's up!
    Inferno. RIP VMK.
    -Happiest Place On Earth

Post Thanks / Like

Lol, Colors you might have jinxed it.
    It was VMK's handling of that quest, and their response about it being a "free" game started for the 50th, that made me decide to do it. I wonder if the players' responses made them decide to finally tell everyone; how long would they have waited if the quest had gone well?

Post Thanks / Like

Venetia, looks like we're all retiring from VMK along with you

Good thing we have Intercot to keep in touch, while other players might lose their VMK friends forever.
    Chris
    "WDWizard"

Last Trip: Disney's Hollywood Studios/Blizzard Beach June 2008

Next Trip: Not anytime soon. Been there, seen it all, have too many t-shirts.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: