Quantcast $10 Million or WDW?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

View Poll Results: $10 million or WDW

Voters
125. You may not vote on this poll
  • $10 million Dollars

69 55.20%
  • WDW

56 44.80%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default $10 Million or WDW?

If somebody offered you $10 million dollars but you couldn't ever visit WDW or any other Disney theme park again for the rest of your life!

I'd have to take the $10 million, but my days would probably be filled with sadness knowing I would never get back to the happiest place on earth again!

Sorry Moderators! I just figured out how to make a poll, I think. Feel free to delete the other post.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

My life experiences are worth more than money. Not that I couldn't use the money, but it would make me heartsick to not go back to WDW. I choose WDW.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

I'd take the money. Lots of bills to pay off. Then I could vacation anywhere else in the world.
    *1993-CBR
    *1995-Dixie Landings
    *1999-2002 OKW (3 times)
    *2003-BCV(got engaged)
    *2005-Poly Concierge(honeymoon)
    *2007-AllStar Music(expecting 1st child)
    *2008- OKW (w/1st child)
    *2012-AKL villas

Post Thanks / Like

It is a tough thing to agree not to go to WDW, but $10million would mean probably never working again and there are millions of places around the world to visit. I'd owe it to my kids to take the money, assuming that the ban only applied to me, perhaps someday they could go with their families.
    Viva Darth Macho!
    APR '98: Wilderness Lodge, 9 days, Honeymoon
    OCT '99: Coronado Springs, 8 days, Halloween
    AUG '03: All Star Music, 8 days, Summer Fun
    AUG '10: Port Orleans Riverside, 10 days, Summer Celebration!
    AUG '12: Pop Century, 14 days, My Dream Trip!
    AUG '17: Hoping!

Post Thanks / Like

What good is money if you can't got to WDW? I dont know about the rest of you, but I work hard so that I can have enough money to go to WDW every other year. It makes work worth doing when it had such noble ends.
    My name is Gator. You killed my Sorcerer's Hat. Prepare to die.

DL 2-17,8-17, 11-17; DL 2016; DL 11-2015; DL-DL-Hotel 2-2015; DL 2014; DL-Paradise Pier 2013; POFQ Dec 2012; CSR - Jan 2011; AKL-Kidani - Jan 2010; A.S.Mov - Dec 2008; CSR - Dec 2006; DL Feb 2006; CBR - Feb 2004; POR - Jun 2002

Post Thanks / Like

I almost forgot, there's no using the money to build your favorite attraction in your back yard or anything else to get have both.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ouch

I'm taking WDW. What's the use of having the money when I can't enjoy it.

Now how about 5 millon AND I can go to WDW!
    Then: #runICOT 1/16
    GC Disneyland 10/15
    #runICOT 1/15
    OKW 7/14
    BWV #runICOT 1/14
    VBR and BCV 7/13
    AoA 10/12 iCOT 15th!
    VBR, OKW, Magic, & AKL 5/12
    BCV, BLT, Dream 8/11
    BWV 9/09
    AKV & DCL Magic 5/09
    POR 11/08 (no KIDS)
    BWV 6/08
    SSR 11/07
    AKL - 5/06
    Offsite 6/05
    ASM 7/99
    Offsite 3/97

CaptainJessicaSparrow Guest

It'd be Disney for me too. I couldn't imagine a world without Disney World. I'd probably go insane.

Post Thanks / Like

i would die wihout wdw. money is printed everyday but disney parks are the best in the world
    1993-2002:various off property resorts
    2003:fort wilderness campground
    December 2007:Caribbean resort
    December 2008: port Orleans french quarter
    December 2010: Port Orleans french quarter

Post Thanks / Like

I have not voted yet. Very tough decision!

BMan62 is offline Team INTERCOT Cast Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Can't really answer this. Right now, WDW is the stress relief for my working life. $10M would allow me to quit my job, so no stress. BUT, I really don't think I could live without the magic, now that I've found it.

Split the difference - $5M AND WDW once per year and I''l be in 'hog heaven.'

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gator View Post
    What good is money if you can't got to WDW? I dont know about the rest of you, but I work hard so that I can have enough money to go to WDW every other year. It makes work worth doing when it had such noble ends.
    Absolutely! That's why I came to work today!!!
    91 Co
    8 M
    00,1,2 S
    3 CB 25
    4 P,Mu,AKL
    5 S
    6 Pp,CB,G 30
    7 S/D,CB
    8 CB,G 30
    9 Mu,CBP/Or,P
    10 CBP,P
    11 Mu,Do/Ret,P
    12 Mu,CB,AA AK
    13 P 35
    14 P,CB,Mu
    15 P,FQ,C,M,S

Post Thanks / Like

I'm assuming this is 10 mil tax free (otherwise it's totally not worth it). I probably would take the money. I've been to WDW a bunch of times and nothing will ever be able to remove the memories. I can call them up and go back in my mind anytime I want to.

But darn it would be a hard decision.
    Next trip DLR in February 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Hands down I would take WDW. We scrimp and save every penny to go to the world. I think that is half of what makes it so fun for us. We deserve our vacation because we work so hard for it. Even the kids work hard and give up other things for Disney trips. They start planning the next trip on the plane ride home from the last trip. No amount of money would ever be worth giving up all the magic Disney gives us.

In 2001 illness and injury to me and my husband wiped out our savings and we lost everything and ended up homeless with our 2 children. The only thing we had was each other as we entered a shelter together. We know what it is like to have nothing material. In 2002 after a lot of hard work we were back on our feet in a little apartment and expecting our 3rd surprise. In 2003 after a small settlement and the birth of our dd we used a portion of the settlement for a much needed and much deserved vacation to Disney. It was the most wonderous magical vacation ever. Lots of tears of happiness as we watched our childrens faces glow with smiles. There is so much more to Disney then just a fun vacation. The magic has the power to heal....broken spirits especially. We got a lot of grief for not putting that money into savings but I do not regret our decision at all. I never thought we would go back again but we decided we would put all spare change into a jar marked Disney Trip... in 2 years we were back in the World. This september will be our 4th trip. No amount of money could ever keep us from Disney. The fun, the togetherness, the happiness, the memories and the magic are worth more than money.

I think I am emotionally attached to Disney. Every trip has my whole family filled with wonder and excitement, innocence and silliness. I can't think of another place on earth that does that for everyone in the family at the same time.

HAA HAA... now 20 minutes later you know 10 million dollars pales in comparison to Disney in my eyes lol.

~Cheryl~

2x's as a child, 2003 - Music, 2005 - Pop, 2007 - Music (Sept.), 2007- Movies (SSW), 2008-Movies, 2008 - Movies (Nov), 2009 - Movies (June)

2010- March - not booked but going for youngests 7th birthday!!

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I wouldn't take a job I would hate doing just because it was more money, why would I take money that required me to quit something I love

That's like asking for one of my legs.. I can't do it!

Plus.. you can always just play the lottery...

EDIT: CAL5755 thats an amazing story and I think it just proves that money doesn't buy happiness
    Upcoming Trips:
    September 17-26, 2009: Bouncing Back for Free Dining at POFQ

Past Disney Trips:
    February 24-March 3, 2007: Coronado Springs
    September 25- October 4, 2008: POFQ Water View, Dolphins in Depth Tour

Post Thanks / Like

Cal5755, your story made me get a lump in my throat! What a wonderful testimonial to the importance of love and perserverance!

I voted for WDW, I think this is honestly one of the first times I had to really consider the question of money or...... It's usually "I'd take the money" but I can't imagine never being able to go back to Disney!
    Liz
    March 2006-POP!
    September 2007-POP!

Post Thanks / Like

I lived for 23 years never going to Disney, so I think I'd be ok with taking the 10 Mil. Then I could just build a "greatest hits" park and pay someone to build a park just for me with my favorite rides in it!
    ~Nikki~
    Last Trip: February 2024
    Next Trips: April 2024

Post Thanks / Like

Ok I voted before I read the part that said I could never go to DW again if I accepted the $$$. I may have to change that answer!

Virginia - 775 miles/12hrs from the magic
    Post Thanks / Like

WDW. I always say that if I win the lottery I am heading to Disney forever. What good would the money be if I couldn't complete the dream??
    '09~Pop
    '08~Pop,CR
    '07~Pop,POR
    '06~WL,Pop
    '05~CSR, Pop, CBR
    '04~ASSp, ASMu, Pop
    '03~ASMo,POR,Poly
    '02~WL
    '01~ASMo
    '00~Off Site :0(
    '95~ASSp
    Sept 1991~Honeymoon~Off Site

Post Thanks / Like

I would love to have ten million dollars! But, I don't. I am still perfectly happy. I have a great life. And, I go to WDW yearly. This trip (or trips) is the high light of our year (usually). I don't think any amount of money could buy the memories we have made at WDW or will make in the future!
    Jul80 DLR, Dec75 FW, Sept91 offsite, Sept95 ASSp, June00 offsite, June01 ASMo, July02 WL, June03 ASMo, Oct03 POR, Poly, Aug04 Pop,ASMu, Oct04 ASSp, Sept05 CSR,Pop,CBR, Dec06 WL,Pop, Sept07 POP,POR, Dec07 POP,May08 POP, Sept08 CR,Sept09 POP,Aug10 CBR, Feb11 POP, July11 AKL, Nov12 POP, March13 offsite

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: