Quantcast Key to the World card

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Key to the World card

I am trying to explain to my husband how this works and need a simple explanation. Also (for my own edification), if we purchase our park tickets before the trip, can we turn our passes into our room keys?
    1st Trip: 1987 (Off-site)
    2nd Trip: Nov 2003 (All Star Movies)
    Next Trip: Sep 9-15, 2012 (Art of Animation)

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Since you are staying on property if you buy a package that includes your tickets everything will be on your key to the world card. When you check in they give you a room key that looks like a credit card for each person in your room. This key not only is for your room but also your tickets. When you go the parks you insert your key to world card as your ticket and insert two fingers in a scanner system. That key and ticket is now associated with your finger scan so no one else should be able to use it. You only have to keep up with your key for the week and that is all. If you do the dining plan it is on your key to world card also and when you pay you just hand your key to the world card to your server and your credits are deducted. It makes things so much easier!
    POFQ Jan 2011
    Saratoga Springs May 2010
    POFQ May 2009 and Sept 2009
    POFQ Aug 2008
    POFQ Sept. and March 2007
    POFQ March 2006
    POFQ March 2005 POR July 2005
    POR Dec 2005
    CS August 2004
    Contemporary & POR May/June 2003
    CB May 2002
    OKW 2001
    Disney villas 2000

Post Thanks / Like

Also, you can link one of your credit cards to one or both of the adult "keys" so that there is no need to carry $$$ Just your "key to the world"
    Also, for dining you only need 1 key to use as well, it keeps track of everyones meals and such. It's very simple and easy.
    Nicole

Windsor Hills Resort 13'
    Poly Thanksgiving 09'
    Polynesian 08'
    Pop Century 07'
    Off Site 04'
    Off Site 97'
    Off Site 89'
    Off Site 86'
    Off Site 83'
    Polynesian 79'

Post Thanks / Like

I have also been told that they can add your tickets to the card if you pre-purchased them...for all kinds of tickets except for AP's. The passholders always have to carry both their tickets and their room cards.
    DDuck66
    Disney Veteran

2000- Once
    2001- Twice
    2002- Three Times
    2003- Three times
    2004 Twice
    2005 Twice
    2006- October and Christmas
    2007- The year of the annual pass!!!
    2008- Concierge at the POLY!!!!
    2009- Birthdays in January and March!!!!
    2010- Lots of trips..Too many to count!!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm so glad someone posted this question because I"m confused too. We are pre-purchasing our park tickets before arrival, and we have reservations on-site. Not doing the dining plan either. So...(if you don't mind me asking my own question on this) we check in and get our key card to our room. If we have already purchased our tickets, how do they get on the key to the world card?

Post Thanks / Like

My guess would be they scan your tickets and then scan your key to the world card therefore adding it on to the card. It would be like how they can link a credit card to it as well. All part of the disney magic!
    Nicole

Windsor Hills Resort 13'
    Poly Thanksgiving 09'
    Polynesian 08'
    Pop Century 07'
    Off Site 04'
    Off Site 97'
    Off Site 89'
    Off Site 86'
    Off Site 83'
    Polynesian 79'

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gregandmel View Post
    I'm so glad someone posted this question because I"m confused too. We are pre-purchasing our park tickets before arrival, and we have reservations on-site. Not doing the dining plan either. So...(if you don't mind me asking my own question on this) we check in and get our key card to our room. If we have already purchased our tickets, how do they get on the key to the world card?
    Don't mind at all. We're doing the same thing.
    1st Trip: 1987 (Off-site)
    2nd Trip: Nov 2003 (All Star Movies)
    Next Trip: Sep 9-15, 2012 (Art of Animation)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nyobabe2 View Post
    My guess would be they scan your tickets and then scan your key to the world card therefore adding it on to the card. It would be like how they can link a credit card to it as well. All part of the disney magic!
    This is correct! One word of caution though - after they scan the ticket and move over to your key they will sometimes hand you back the now defunct ticket so that you or your kids can have it as a souvenir. The problem is that the ticket and your key look and awful lot alike so it can be easy to grab the wrong thing when you go to the park in the morning and I can tell you from experience that the old ticket will not work and you will have to go back to your resort and get the correct key! My suggestion is to either not take it back or else if you do then put it away where you won't get to it until you get home. That way you don't accidentally grab it!

Post Thanks / Like

1) The KTTW card is an "everything" card
    . . . use it as a room key
    . . . use it as a park admission ticket
    . . . use it as a charge card for WDW purchases
    . . . use it for on-site identification
    . . . use it as a souvenir of your trip

2) As mentioned, if you by a Disney package, all these are loaded.
    3) If you put down a credit card, you can charge purchases to your room. *
    4) If you buy tickets off-site, you can have them swiped onto the KTTW.

* A credit card will back-up the KTTW card. All purchases can then be applied to that credit card. If you wish, each person's KTTW can apply to a different credit card (everyone in the room does not have to apply purchases to the same credit card).
    Average Banjo Picker. Pretty-Good Sailing Master. Newly Ordained.

Post Thanks / Like

everything is on your room key, its as simple as that. the only thing thats not on your room key is photo pass... which i can't believe they haven't changed yet.
    Next WDW Vacation: 1st Disney Cruise w. Land and Sea adventure, Summer 2014

WDW 76x ON PROPERTY since March 1984
    Most Recent Trip: Thanksgiving/Christmas 2013

Post Thanks / Like

We are buying a 10 day ticket for our trip but we a switching resorts after 6 days. If they load the 10 days on the key at the first resort, what happens the at the next resort? Do we now have to use the first key for park entrance and the 2nd for room entrance or will they transfer the remaining days to the 2nd key?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jans2kids View Post
    We are buying a 10 day ticket for our trip but we a switching resorts after 6 days. If they load the 10 days on the key at the first resort, what happens the at the next resort? Do we now have to use the first key for park entrance and the 2nd for room entrance or will they transfer the remaining days to the 2nd key?
    1) If you do not have a dining package at the second resort
    . . . admissions can stay on the first room key
    . . . or, you can have them transfered to the new key
    2) If you have a dining package on second resort
    . . . the admissions for second resort are on the new key
    . . . any remaining days on first key remain on first key
    Average Banjo Picker. Pretty-Good Sailing Master. Newly Ordained.

Post Thanks / Like

If you have an AP can you still put money on your key to the world card or is it only if you have everything else on it?
    Our Little Princess Isabelle Born 11/30/09

2001-Contemporary
    2005-All Star Movies(Dh Proposed!)
    2007- Honeymoon! Poly-Wilderness-DCL
    Sept 08- Saratoga Springs-Bought DVC!
    May 09- AKL/ Wilderness Villas (Babymoon!)
    Next Trip- Sept.10 AKL Jambo House

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs.Mickey View Post
    If you have an AP can you still put money on your key to the world card or is it only if you have everything else on it?
    The primary purpose of the Key to the World card is to act as the Key to your Room. Anything else encoded onto the key is a separate thing, and none are related to or depending upon any others.

In other words, you can have room charging privileges on your KTTW card card whether or not you have park tickets encoded on your KTTW card.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nyobabe2 View Post
    Also, you can link one of your credit cards to one or both of the adult "keys" so that there is no need to carry $$$ Just your "key to the world"
    Also, for dining you only need 1 key to use as well, it keeps track of everyones meals and such. It's very simple and easy.
    Adding a credit card does make it really convenient, but I would add a couple of caveats.
    One, if you have the Disney Visa card, but it is not the one you are using to charge on, you should still carry the Disney Visa for the other benefits such as the 10% off at WOD and the character meet and greet at Epcot.
    Second, I would still carry a few dollars cash since there are some places that you can't use the credit card on or in case the machine goes down. That happened to us last year in Epcot at a couple of the kiosks. If I hadn't brought a litle cash, then I wouldn't have been able to beat the heat with an ice cold
    I'm no fool, no siree, I'm going to live to be 103. I play safe for you and me, cause I'm no fool."

POP - 09/07
    POP - 09/08
    SSR - 09/09

Next Trip
    Breaking the pattern this year and doing AllStar Movies Dec 11-18, 2010

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: