Quantcast Carnation Cafe

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: Carnation Cafe

Post Thanks / Like

Default Carnation Cafe

I just made PS for the carn. cafe for the first week in July for lunch. I didn't realize till the end of the conversation that the only seating is outside. I here the food is good, does that offset the heat??? Or should we look for an air conditioned CS??

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I ate there last July and it wasn't a problem. It is such a cool place to eat, right there on Main Street watching the people go by. I wouldn't change unless you are really concerned about heat. I think most, if not all, of the table have umbrellas over them to block the sun.
    Donna
    Intercot Staff

My father's name was Ferdinand, my mama's name was Liza, they didn't know what to call me so they called me Ferdiliza!
    Billy Hill and the Hillbillies - "I'm OK!"

Please support INTERCOT'S wonderful sponsers!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joyce View Post
    I just made PS for the carn. cafe for the first week in July for lunch. I didn't realize till the end of the conversation that the only seating is outside. I here the food is good, does that offset the heat??? Or should we look for an air conditioned CS??
    I don't think that good food ever offsets heat. July temps are normally in mid-to high 80's. That's ideal temps for me, but the only other PS locations that have indoor service are Blue Bayou or Cafe Orleans -- and Cafe Orleans has much more outdoor service than indoor.
    Michael aka: NotaGeek

INTERCOT Insider Live Podcast Staff
    WDW 1/6/16 - 1/11/16 - BRING ON THE COWBELLS!

Please s
    upport INTERCOT Sponsors!

Post Thanks / Like

If you do something air conditioned before and then after, I don't think it should be too much of a problem. I had the potato soup and the pretzel bread sandwich and there wasn't a crumb left!
    Disney World: 10/92 Yacht Club, 11/96 Disney Institute, 12/00 Yacht Club, 6/05 Beach Club, 8/06 Shades of Green, 8/07 Caribbean Beach Resort, 10/07 Coronado Springs, 12/08 French Quarter, 3/10 All Star Sports, 4/12 Port Orleans Riverside

Disneyland: 1987, 1997, 2002, 2008, 2010, 2013

Post Thanks / Like

Carnation Cafe is nestled between two buildings on Main Street. It has never been too hot to eat there for us! The food is very good, and the service has always been good, too.
    The buildings offer shade, along with umbrellas. The only bad thing is that if it rains, the restaurant is closed for the day.
    Priscilla

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

I would eat there outside in July, no problem. Also, here is a little Disney FYI. The Carnation Cafe also employs the employee who has worked at Disneyland the longest! OSCAR, has worked at the Carnation Cafe since 1956, and has actually worked the same hours for all those years. I spoke with Oscar on my last trip in. He has decided to retire. But, he has been asked to please return on a part-time or what ever he wants basis. So, Oscar will be taking a couple of months off, and will return to greet us at the Carnation Cafe.
    Last edited by Marla; 06-15-2008 at 01:00 PM. Reason: sp
    First Trip To DL 11/56
    DLR PAP (for a long time and currently)
    July 17, 2005 I was there!
    July 17, 2010 I was there!
    VMK - Tinkcollector R.I.P.
    Member #1660 on Intercot West
    Tinkcollector on Intercot-West (R.I.P., good bye West-Side.)
    D23 Charter Member

Post Thanks / Like

We just ate there two days ago and even met Oscar! While the umbrellas provide quite a bit of shade they don't completely cover the area so you could end up in sun so it really depends on your heat tolerance. The service is quite fast though and the food is really fresh and tasty.

Post Thanks / Like

We think one of the best places to eat. We talked with him last Nov & Oscar mentioned he was going to retire after the first of this yr, He has been there 50 + yrs now. Visited with him many times and listened to his stories of Walt Disney and how much attention Walt paid to the details of the park & jotted notes in his book. We meet Oscar several yrs ago when my Wife asked for the recipe to the Baked Potato Soup and he came out & gave her a copy, discussed it with her & I took the opportunity to ask him about his career. He said he & his wife were going to travel after retirement. If you get a chance watch as he visits with the customers at the café. This man is what Disneyland is about and I am sure Walt Disney would agree.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: