Quantcast What are the best non disney hotels in anaheim?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default What are the best non disney hotels in anaheim?

Just wondering if you could all give me some idea of what you think are the best non disney hotels in anaheim? for just my partner and me for january 20 2009 thanks

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

to INTERCOT!

There are a ton of Disney Good Neighbor Hotels around the resort, and there are many previous posts about this very topic. If you search through the past posts, or just page through you will see them. The more talked about hotels are:

1. Best Western Park Place Inn
    2. The Candy Cane
    2. The Carousel
    3. The Fairfield Inn by Marriott
    4. The Ramada Inn Maingate
    5. The Potofino

I have stayed several times at The Best Western and Ramada and they are right across the street from the main entrance and a wonderful value. I have also stayed at the Fairfiled and it's about a 10 minute walk.

This past year I stayed at The Marriott and it's a 10 minute drive, or a ride on the Resort Express Bus, but it was really nice, and they had Starbucks in their lobby.
    Michael aka: NotaGeek

INTERCOT Insider Live Podcast Staff
    WDW 1/6/16 - 1/11/16 - BRING ON THE COWBELLS!

Please s
    upport INTERCOT Sponsors!

Post Thanks / Like

My DS and I stayed two nights at the Candy Cane Inn. It was very nice and reasonably priced. It was about a 5-10 minute walk to the parks and had a really good continental breakfast. Hope this helps!
    Poly Concierge Jan. 2000 - Poly Concierge Jan. 2004 - Pop Century Nov. 2004 (1 night) - CBR Nov. 2004 - Poly Club Level Jan 2010. Wyndham Bonnet Creek December 2013!!

Post Thanks / Like

We really enjoy staying at the Residence Inn in Anaheim and also the Best Western on Katella is pretty nice as well. There are quite a few hotels that are nice to choose from.

Enjoy the trip!!!
    John (aka HndrdPrcnt)

DL CM 1987 - 1994
    CM WDW Trips 87,89,90,92
    CBR 1994
    Beach Club 1998
    All Stars 2000
    POP Sept 25-Oct 2 2006

Post Thanks / Like

Howard Johnson's gets alot of good reviews too (check out tripadvisor) and it's getting a new, themed pool in this summer.

Post Thanks / Like

Our favorite is the Best Western Anaheim Inn. Its clean and comfortable, and 5-10 minute walk to the main gait. Its also next door to a Denny's.
    I won the "Name the crocodile" contest.
    Anyone want a slightly used Pygmy war canoe?

1984 WDW-first trip
    1998 DLR
    July 2003 CBR
    Nov 2004 POP Century
    2005 DLR- Paradise Pier
    2009/2010 DLR- Halloween Party
    April 2011 - BW Park Place
    October 25, 2011 Halloween Party
    Sept 17-27 POR-RGR

Post Thanks / Like

I have only stayed at one off Disneyland resort, the Candy Cane, and I just loved it. Very clean room, the beds were super comfortable and it was a short walk to the parks. Lots of eating options near by as well.
    Donna
    Intercot Staff

My father's name was Ferdinand, my mama's name was Liza, they didn't know what to call me so they called me Ferdiliza!
    Billy Hill and the Hillbillies - "I'm OK!"

Please support INTERCOT'S wonderful sponsers!

Post Thanks / Like

We checked in to one of the Disney-area Ramadas on one of our trips and left the next morning because it was so unclean. We then ventured down the street to the Anaheim Marriott and found it was only $10 more than that horrible motel!! We stayed in the tower portion and had big, comfy beds, all of the amenities you can imagine, and at an affordable price. Check the prices on the Marriott before you book a "lesser" motel.

P.S. There are TWO Ramada Inn Maingates...one East, one West. Make sure you know which one you're booking before you do because they're night and day.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Harbor Blvd. has alot to choose from. I like the Park Vue Inn. It is directly across the street from Disneyland, and probably the shortest walking distance of all to the Esplanade including the DLR hotels. It is older, but well kept and the staff are great. My second choice would be the Fairfield Inn, just a little further down the street, but the rooms have always been clean and again they have a terrific staff.
    First Trip To DL 11/56
    DLR PAP (for a long time and currently)
    July 17, 2005 I was there!
    July 17, 2010 I was there!
    VMK - Tinkcollector R.I.P.
    Member #1660 on Intercot West
    Tinkcollector on Intercot-West (R.I.P., good bye West-Side.)
    D23 Charter Member

Post Thanks / Like

We have stayed at The Portofino and The Anabella both of which are nice hotels. The Anabella probably has nicer rooms tho. The HoJo is good too, the pool area for kids is great.
    First trip to WDW June '08.

"I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse."
    -Walt Disney-

Post Thanks / Like

We just got back from a stay at the Fairfield Inn Ananheim a couple of weeks ago and liked it a lot. The standards were typical of the Marriott chain--the rooms were a good size, beds comfortable and it was nice to have a fridge to put leftovers in. We probably would have stayed at the Best Western Park Place Inn a few doors down (quite literally just across the street from the Disneyland grounds and entrance), but it was about 30 dollars more a night. As it was, we had just a 7-8 minutes stroll to get to the actual park gates each mornning.
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Post Thanks / Like

Although it's an older hotel, we thought the Tropicana was a nice place to stay, and the service was great too. It's a very short walk to the parks, too!
    Candy Cane Inn has the best continental breakfast of all the non Disney hotels. No other can compare!

Post Thanks / Like

The Marriott and the Hilton (they're across the street from each other).

I've also stayed at the Anabella Hotel, which wasn't too bad for a lower end one.

There's nothing like a Disney hotel though!
    Trips to WDW:
    March 2007 Disney's All Star Movies
    Sept/Oct. 2007 Disney's Port Orlean's Riverside
    Dec. 2008 Pop Century
    April/May 2010 Polynesian

**Countless trips to the Disneyland Resort**

Post Thanks / Like

My wife and I loved the Crowne Plaza! Great hotel with great transportation and killer pool : )
    "To all that come to this happy place: Welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here, age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future."

Disneyland - 1987, 1989, 1994, 2000, 2002, 2007, September 2010
    Disneyworld - Pop Century 2008

Post Thanks / Like

Hi!

I have planned to stay at the Candy Cane hotel in August.

What is the best way to get there from the airport?

Thank-you!

Post Thanks / Like

I'll be at the Candy Cane the from Aug 14-22. I am planning on renting a car for the week, because I have some Hollywood/LA places I want to go see too.

If you are not going to rent a car, if you go to the candy cane inn website, they have a phone number on it for the super blue shuttle 1-800-BLUE-VAN. It's something like $42 for the first passenger and $9 for each additional for a shared van, or private cars from $107 regardless of number of people. These are each way.

If you are planning on going anywhere other than Disneyland, you will need a car, but there are car rental places that the Candy Cane Inn works with that will pick you up at the Candy Cane Inn.
    Life is Beautiful - pass it on. Sign your organ donor card.

Post Thanks / Like

Question

Quote Originally Posted by tealady View Post
    Hi!

Thank-you!
    Which airport?
    Linda aka tinkwest
    INTERCOT Staff ~ Disneyland Resort

Come On Everybody - Here We Go!!

“To all who come to this happy place: Welcome. ...”

Support our INTERCOT Sponsors!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tealady View Post
    Hi!

Thank-you!
    Hey there tealady! to our community! Just a hint ... you might want to start a new thread with your question so it doesn't get lost in the shuffle!
    Michael aka: NotaGeek

INTERCOT Insider Live Podcast Staff
    WDW 1/6/16 - 1/11/16 - BRING ON THE COWBELLS!

Please s
    upport INTERCOT Sponsors!

Dallas, TX (1424.06 miles from the Disneyland Resort)
    Post Thanks / Like

If your flying into John Wayne (Santa Ana - SNA) I always use Primetime Shuttle.

They are cheaper than Super Shuttle and I have had a couple of REALLY bad experiences with Super Shuttle in California.

Post Thanks / Like

Howard Johnson's has the Entertainment book 50% off rate on certain days. Sometimes the days are posted last minute, but whenever possible they post them several months out

The Ent rate is $59 a night for a standard room and $74 a night for a deluxe room (recently renovated with new mattresses, fridge and microwaves in room, Disney-facing view with a balcony). You can call and book the Ent rate without the card, and they will ask you for the card at check in. You can buy the Entertainment book for your own area; you only need the card to get the rate. The current book is available now discounted to $10 for most areas, because it expires Nov. 1st.

HoJo's is up one block on Manchester, from the main entrance crosswalk. If you cross Harbor at Manchester, and walk down the west side of Harbor, going in at the taxi entrance, you save yourself a few minutes of walking and are out of the hordes of people on the main drag side of the street. It's about a 7 minute walk to the security stations.

I think it's the nicest hotel close by, for the cheapest rate when you can get the Ent rate. It has interior corridors (unlike the motels right at the crosswalk) and a brand new pirate themed water playground, in addition to the quiet "garden" pool.
    Avalon (aka Gail)

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: