Quantcast Design your very own Virtual Disney Park

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Design your very own Virtual Disney Park

What would your own virtual disney park be like? How would you earn money, play games, ride rides, and generally have fun in the game while still being with friends?

My own idea has been you are a tourist that is staying at one of the five Disney resorts around the world. You decide what hotel you want to stay at, which would end up being your room. You build up your room from the very standard parking lot views all the way up to the Presidential Suite. You then decide what you would like to do. Whether it is go to the theme parks, water parks, Downtown Disney, golf, boat; anything you can do at that resort, you can do virtually. You earn money to pay for all of these things by playing in these areas with mini-games. For instance, you win money based on your score when you play a game of golf. The money can then go to going to other places at that resort, decorating your room, upgrading your room, and clothing for your character. When in the parks, you can either ride that ride/watch that show, or play a virtual mini-game based on that ride/show. When dinner time comes around, you can eat at a restuarant; and if you don't eat for awhile, you get sick and you are stuck in your hotel room until you eat something. Then at nighttime, you can end the day by watching a fireworks show at that park.

I'm thinking of going into detail with all of this, for my get away after Pirates and to deal with the loss of VMK. This is my dream of when a virtual disney would be. What would your storyline be and what would you want to do in your park?
    ŴĐŴ∫âňăŧĭć aka David șoș

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I have to say I would definately start with the base setup of VMK. I would offer access to all the Domestic parks even if it meant duplicating a ride or game.
    I would add more true park experiences like point of view ride thrus. I would definately make more mini games with different difficulty settings. Offer the players a chance to work as CMs to earn credits like running simulations of attractions or restaurants. The amount of credits received would be in line with the diffuly level the higher the level of difficulty the more credits earned. The same theory copuld be applied to quests have several versions of the quests easy medium and advanced and offer different prize levels for completion. For example if the Prize is suppose to be a new pin Easy would receive just the pin. Medium would receive the pin and another item or 2. Difficult would receive credits in addition to the prizes from the medium quest. It would allow the game to appeal to more people.
    I would also directly tie items in the game to real life items. Go to the park and buy a Plush mickey and receive one for your character etc. the codes would be tied in directly to the product. I would also offer a trading card series that contain codes for items on the cards. I would make a series for each individual park and have bonus or chase cards that would come one per pack dealing wioth Magic and the overseas parks. As an incentive for visiting the real parks I would have a virtual rewards program set up inside the park that links vacation and ticket to bonus credits or items in the game. I would include in park quests but drastically change the sytem of awarding the prizes you would complete the the quests at the parks and have them validated with your ticket and use a mail in rewards or online rewards system where you entered the code on your validated printout sort of like a FP machine and receive your rewards.
    The marketing and promotional tie ins to the game are endless and could be changed on regular basis in order to keep interest in the game.

The game would offer a limited free account and a paid account option.
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Former VMK alias figgiefig
    Intercot Staff
    Disney Tech - Software, Games & Web
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

Post Thanks / Like

I think you two have found your calling!
    Last visit to Disneyland : Oct/07
    WDW: Sept/06!!

Dreaming of the next trip...

Post Thanks / Like

I think we need to become game designers Jeff
    ŴĐŴ∫âňăŧĭć aka David șoș

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: