Quantcast New Toy Story Ride is AMAZING!!

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default New Toy Story Ride is AMAZING!!

We just got back from WDW and I must say that the new Toy Story ride is a LOT of fun. We got to do it twice in 1 morning using FP's. The return time was good so that we got to go twice by 10:50am. The park opened at 9am, and the first return time was set for 9:20am.

This ride puts the Buzz Lightyear ride at MK to shame. The controls and shooting/aiming ability is much better. And of course the whole 3D effect definently makes it a much more fun experience IMO.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree. I think this is one of the best attractions that Disney has ever added to WDW. I expect long lines on a regular basis because it will appeal to so many age groups.
    I'm a dad! My daughter, Eisley, was born on December 17, 2010.

Regular WDW visitor since 1981

Post Thanks / Like

We will be there in Dec. and beside the decorations, this will be one of the most anticipated things that we will do...
    Amy
    80 Camping șoș
    89 Offsite șoș
    05 ASM șoș
    06-07-08-09-10-10-11-12-13-14-15 POR șoș

Post Thanks / Like

We loved it too!

I like Buzz but I am not a huge fan of it. The new ride was an instant hit with me though!
    I love that they have a single rider option too.

I can't wait to take the kids on it in December.
    DVC Members @ SSR
    19 Trips since 1996:
    Caribbean Beach Resort-2x's, Dixie Landings-2x, POFQ-2x's, POR-3x's All Star Movies-4x's, Pop-1x, Saratoga Springs-2x, BWV-1x, OKW-2x

Just got back: August 17th-22nd POR

Post Thanks / Like

The reviews have been great so far! I cant wait to check it out in August!
    "See, it's just like I told you. Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart. And the best part is you'll never run out of Wishes. They're shining deep down inside of you. And that, my friends, is where the magic lives."Jiminy Cricket
    Our wish came true! Ellie 9/9/13

Post Thanks / Like

We have attempted to ride TSM on 2 different days, the first time was during AP previews and on a day trip last week. The first time the wait was over 2 hours (4yo DS couldn't tolerate such a wait), and the second time the ride was closed due to technical problems. My AP expires this month, I hope we get another chance!!!
    As an aside, would a 4 year old be able to use the "gun", or would he need help "re-loading" it? I remember reading a post recently that toward the end of the ride your arm starts getting tired from the re-loading??

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by stephntampa View Post
    We have attempted to ride TSM on 2 different days, the first time was during AP previews and on a day trip last week. The first time the wait was over 2 hours (4yo DS couldn't tolerate such a wait), and the second time the ride was closed due to technical problems. My AP expires this month, I hope we get another chance!!!
    As an aside, would a 4 year old be able to use the "gun", or would he need help "re-loading" it? I remember reading a post recently that toward the end of the ride your arm starts getting tired from the re-loading??
    The rope that must be pulled to fire doesn't have to be pulled very hard or very far so I imagine a 4 year old wouldn't have too much trouble firing. I rode it twice in about 30 minutes time, and my arm didn't get tired until I was almost finished with my second ride through.
    I'm a dad! My daughter, Eisley, was born on December 17, 2010.

Regular WDW visitor since 1981

Post Thanks / Like

I am so glad to hear that it is such a hit. We are headed to WDW in about a week. This is a surpise trip for my boys. We are staying at Vero and couldn't be so close without stopping by for a few nights. This ride is one of the reasons we are going. I can't wait.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

I totally agree! I rode it 8 times in 2 days (6 one day, all via single rider, and 2 another). It is absolutely amazing!!

The graphics are awsome. The games are fun (though I am not fond about the ring game). And it can be very competitive!
    Cruises:
    Feb 12-16, 2012 (Dream), Oct 20-27, 2012 (Fantasy Eastern), Sept 8-12, 2013 (Dream) Jan 20-24, 2014 (Magic) Sept 14-18, 2015 (Dream) Sept 25-29, 2017 (Dream) Sept 22-29, 2018 (Fantasy Eastern) Sept 23-27, 2019 (Dream)

Post Thanks / Like

From my opinion and perspective: ehhh. It's OK. Not something I'd have to do *every* time we go to Studios (which isn't all that often anyways). As my girlfriend put it, it's not one of those rides that I'd have to plan on seeing on my next vacation if I was a "regular" guest. Haunted Mansion...Pirates...Tower of Terror...IllumiNations...Soarin'....*that*'s the kind of stuff that would make me want to come back and "plan another vacation". TSM...not so much.

*In my opinion*...we got FPs around 3-3:30pm (dealing with Block Party on the way in...that's a whole 'nother story...) for 8:20-9:20pm. When we got to the attraction and got in the FP line, we felt that the merge point was WAAAAY too early in the queue, and that the FP line really bypasses a LOT of "theming" in the Standby queue. We then had to go up the stairs, down the hallway, turn around, come back, down the stairs, and finally to the load area. Our wait, even with the FPs, was over 15 minutes.
    We loaded into our vehicle, and checked it out. We feel we didn't really get any instructions on the operation of the guns, and if there was, it was very low (audio). So if you didn't already know how to operate the guns at PotC over at DisneyQuest, you wouldn't know how to operate the TSM cannons.
    We then moved - VERY fast - into the first room. Again, no real instructions, and we had to guess what to do. We just started firing randomly until we figured it out. Only 30 seconds or so, and we're done and zooming off to the next room, spinning wildly. Same thing - guess what to do, check our scores on our dual computer screens, and fire at stuff. Took us a bit to get used to the way these things fire, and we started scoring some points. Donna started out-scoring me, so I guess was just trying too hard to beat 'er She whooped up on me by the time we were done...LOL...

So...in our opinions...FP merges too quickly into the regular line...games are over too quickly and vehicles move too quick to really get used to firing and scoring. We were done with the ride in about 3 minutes and felt it was just too "whooooosh" as you feel like you're rushed to "get things done" and score really high. We got to the Unload area and were like, "Is that it?"
    Former WDW Magic Kingdom Cast Member (2001-2010): Main Street Parades/WDWRR Engineer/Conductor; Frontierland Attractions; Tomorrowland Attractions

Last: Sep '14 (Coronado Springs)
    Next:Oct 2015: MNSSHP

Have you ever dreamed the dreams of the children...?

Post Thanks / Like

So happy the majority of you love the new ride at DHS. A four year old will have no problem at all using our little cannon shooters. Just pull the string that's all you have to do. There is a screen giving full directions right in your vehicle. For those that have problems each vehicle also has Closed Captioning with a touch of a button just below the screen that keeps track of your scores.
    The wonderful thing about this ride is it will never be the same for you twice, there are different things that you will notice each time you ride it. As often as I have been on it I still find new targets or new things that trigger events that I was not aware of.
    There is no reloading of the gun, it never runs out. As for your arm getting tired, only if you are playing it to death and riding it over and over again.
    Oh, and ToyStory Midway Mania is a ride that lasts 6 minutes. So, remember all who come to ToyStory Midway Mania, from Expert to Beginner, Everyone's a Winner!
    I have seen little kids holding onto the vehicle and not wanting to leave it, like a new favorite toy. And time and time again I have had guests come to me and say you have a hit here.
    I am very proud of this attraction, and have to agree this is one of the best family attractions to come to Disney in a long time. The theme is amazing, and yes, you miss alot if you go through the fast pass line. Think about it who deserves a bit more of a show? someone waiting in line for over an hour, or someone in the line for 15 minutes? The standby queue at Expedition Everest is far more superior than the fast pass line, and the same rule applies for TSMM.
    As a gentle reminder to all of you coming to visit this attraction, if you have a baby that is not able to sit up on their own, please ask for a rider switch, the ride does move in a fast motion from one midway scene to the next and there is absolutely no lap sitting because of the lap bars. Knowing this it will go far better for you and your family.
    Toystory Midway Mania lasts approximately 6 minutes, remember what all the Toys from Andy's toybox say, "From Expert to Beginner, Everyone's a winner!"

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

We just got back last week and it was one of our favorite rides at WDW!
    șoș David, Lisa, Aaron and Allison
    98-PO
    00-CB & ASMo
    01-Swan
    02-CS
    03-POR
    04-POP
    05-PO / CR
    07-PO / CR
    08-ASMu
    09-AKL
    10-CR, CS & PP DL
    11-NB DLP & SSR
    12-BLT & BLT
    13-GC DL & BLT
    15-Aulani & BLT
    16-ASMu & GC DL
    17-BWI, THV, CSR, BLT
    18-BLT, OKW, OKW, CBR, GF & BLT

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with many of you. I didn't have real high expectations for this attraction but was completely blown away with how much fun it was and it's incredible theming. Mr. Potato Head was great as well!
    My first home is in Coastal Georgia, 30 feet from the saltwater marsh, and 3.5 hours from WDW!My second home is the Walt Disney World Dolphin Resort!CR,Poly,GF,BC,BW,WL,AKL,Dolphin,Swan,DL,CSR,POFQ,C BR,POP,AS,Vero.

Post Thanks / Like

I've got low expectations. I guess because I'm expecting it to be just like the Buzz ride at MK. It sounds so similar.....
    77-DL
    89-DL
    94-ASSp
    95-OKW
    98-WDW Hol.Inn MG
    99-WDW Off Prop
    06-ASMov
    07-Pop 2/4 - 2/14
    07-ASMus 9/11 - 9/17
    08-ASMov & DCL 10/27 - 11/2
    09-ASMov & DCL Wonder 9/21 - 10/1
    10-WDW Off Prop 4/23 - 4/25
    10-DCL Magic 7 nt EB 10/23
    10-CSR 10/30 - 11/1
    12-POR 1/8 - 1/15
    12-CSR 12/20-27

Post Thanks / Like

Default Toy Story

Wow, sounds wonderful, can't wait for September.
    Trips planned for 2016......

January..... Offfsite... Golf outing

Post Thanks / Like

I am so glad to read such positive review about this ride! My DF has begun to grow tired of DHS, only able to really enjoy Star Tours as a family. (thrill rides for 2 of us, not the other 2 who wait for us) I am looking forward to going on this over and over!!
    10/91-Honeymoon YC Concierge
    6/92, 5/93, 9/95, 9/99-YC
    9/00-BWI,YC
    6/01-AKL,YC
    9/02-BCV,YC
    5/03-BCV
    8/03-WLV,BWV
    1/04-HH,BWV,OKW
    6/04, 5/05-BWV
    8/05, 11/07-SSR
    2/09-BCV
    11/09-BCV
    5/11-AKL
    4/12-OKW

Post Thanks / Like

We watched Toy Story last night as part of our family Disney Movie night countdown (only 88 more days ).

After seeing the movie again (for the first time in a few years) I am pumped for this ride. Glad to see the reviews are generally good.
    I'm no fool, no siree, I'm going to live to be 103. I play safe for you and me, cause I'm no fool."

POP - 09/07
    POP - 09/08
    SSR - 09/09

Next Trip
    Breaking the pattern this year and doing AllStar Movies Dec 11-18, 2010

Post Thanks / Like

Talking New Toy Story Ride

We were there just before they opened it. Toy Story was all screened off so nothing could be seen. We are looking forward to going next May. Should be a blast!
    Keep smiling and Have a magical day!!!
    It's all good.

We love to serve fun, food, and deliciousness.

AKA: Jean and Marty

Post Thanks / Like

I'm thinking our next trip might be too far away now! It sure sounds like a positive addition from everyone's comments.
    Steve (aka brownie)
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations & Mousellaneous
    ASMv 4/00, 10/01, 11/03, 5/21
    ASMu 8/12, 11-12/22
    AKL 6/18
    BC 9/94
    CSR 8/14, 3-4/22
    POP 11-12/10, 3/12, 10/12, 7/17, 4/22
    POFQ 10/01
    POR 9/04, 1/16, 11/19
    WL 12/03
    Disneyland 6/07, 1/15
    Disney Dream 8/14

Post Thanks / Like

Default Well...

We are going in December, and this is going to be one of the first attractions we hit.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: