Quantcast does WDW ever seem....boring? - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

I usually skip most of fantasyland, shows, and parades especially if its geared toward young children
    Rob
    2/90 - Fort Wilderness Cabin
    2/92, 94, 98 - Beach Club
    2/96 - Dixie Landings
    2/99, 00 - All Star Sports
    5/05 - Pop Century
    5/07 - Coronado Springs
    8/08 - Beach Club Villas
    4/10 - Wilderness Lodge Villas
    8/12 - Disneyland (offsite)
    11/13 - Beach Club Villas

DVC Member

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool

I don't think I could ever apply the word boring to my WDW experiences.

Yes, there are rides and attractions that I like better than others, and therefore are more likely to skip some rather than others. Or I may skip something one trip because I know I enjoyed it "last time". That doesn't equate to boredom, it's just a part of the reality that on any given trip there's no way to possibly see and do everything.

Granted, at the end of a stay, I may not be as "hungry" some the various rides and attractions, but I don't really see that as boredom, I've just filled my need at that particular time. After all, a great steak is a wonderful thing too, but there comes a time at the end of the meal, when for the time being, you're full. But it's not long at all until your appetite is ready for another.

If I ever do truly get bored, then I've probably been there too often and it's time to allow more time before my next visit. However, so far, that's never happened.
    Marker from MO

Post Thanks / Like

Let me say first that I would go to Disney every day if I had the chance.

Now, realistically, I don't feel any sense of urgency to go back for awhile. My last few trips were based around new "must do" stuff for me (Soarin, Everest, Food & Wine Festival, Keys to the Kingdom.) Now, though, there is nothing that makes me feel like I HAVE to go see it soon. I had assumed that the refurbed SSE would be something that would but the reviews were so dreadful that I don't mind skipping it for a few years. Same goes for Toy Story Mania. It sounds cool but not like something I want to base a trip around.

Plus there are other places that I would really like to see. I went to Vegas for the first time in May and am hoping to do either a cruise or all inclusive resort in the Caribbean in the next year or two, so Disney is going on the back burner.

That having been said, I'm never happier than when strolling down Main Street, taking pictures in Epcot, or hanging out at a meticulously themed resort. So sure, there are things that get "boring" and I just skip them but they are far outweighed by the things I know and love so much about Walt Disney World.

Plus I never have been to MVMCP or the Candlelight Processional and I'd love to take my mom while she's still healthy enough to go, so this or next December may very well see me at Disney anyway. Yeah, I know, kind of makes the last three paragraphs pointless...but I'm like that sometimes.
    Walt Disney World:
    93, PO FQ
    94-95, Caribbean
    96, Off Site
    99, Coronado
    00, Caribbean
    03, Poly & Wilderness Lodge
    04, Pop Cent
    06, Contemp
    07, Beach Club
    07, Pop Cent
    09, Pop Cent
    10, Off Site
    11, PO FQ
    12, Coronado
    13, Off Site
    14, PO FQ
    16, PO RS

Only 1110.89 miles...

Post Thanks / Like

I personally like to sit back and do other, "non-tourist" things, like hang out at Boardwalk or go relax at a pool or whatever. Just because I am at Disney doesn't mean I need to be at the parks
    1999 -2005 Former CM at Space Mtn and Caricature artist at AK and Resorts
    Jan 06 BC/Cruise/ASM
    Sept 06 Pop
    April 07 Pop
    Dec. 07 Caribbean Beach
    Aug 09 Pop
    May 10 Pop
    Jan 12 - Dolphin - WDW Half Marathon 1:44:45
    Sept 12 - ToT run and MNSSHP - Pop

Post Thanks / Like

No, never boring. We only skip things when short on time.
    Jul80 DLR, Dec75 FW, Sept91 offsite, Sept95 ASSp, June00 offsite, June01 ASMo, July02 WL, June03 ASMo, Oct03 POR, Poly, Aug04 Pop,ASMu, Oct04 ASSp, Sept05 CSR,Pop,CBR, Dec06 WL,Pop, Sept07 POP,POR, Dec07 POP,May08 POP, Sept08 CR,Sept09 POP,Aug10 CBR, Feb11 POP, July11 AKL, Nov12 POP, March13 offsite

Post Thanks / Like

Disney boring!??? sorry but to my family we would just label that Crazy Talk LOL I do not think we ride any ride because of routine, but we do have some traditions we do:
    - Downtown Disney is the last stop before the boring drive home
    - Usually try to make it to Casey's Corner at least once during our visit
    - etc...
    °O° Von Drake °O°
    10 trips before 2000 | 2001 Offsite | 2001 SOG | 2002 CR | 2005 ASSp & SOG | 2006 OffSite | 2006 Disneyland | 2007 POP | 2008 POP & SOG

Post Thanks / Like

Our family unit (Both DH and myself had been several times before we met) has been going to WDW every year for several years. Our first family trip was when DS15 was two. During this first trip I realized that we would be back (never would have thought every year) so if DS was not able to do a ride we would skip it - we will get it next time. In retrospect, this has allowed us to see the World from our child's eyes. Every year has been a different experience. I remember when we spent most of our time in ToonTown and the MK in general. It was DS favorite park. We have wonderful memories! We looked forward to when he was tall/brave enough to do TOT, etc. Now our favorite park is Epcot. We enjoy the entertainment, food, countries etc. We can almost mark every developmental stage with a memory from the World
    Now we get to enjoy the World in the company of a wonderful young man.

So....never boring!

First trip 1972
    Last trip 7/11
    Next trip 6/12

Post Thanks / Like

For me and my family it is always a thrill. I don't think I would ever have enough time to see it all. For example I have never done the water parks or really investigated the west side of Downtown Disney. I am lucky enough to be going back in a few weeks and we were recently discussing what we may skip. Then last night there was a Disney show on Travel channel and I looked at my husband and said I changed my mind about skipping stuff, I need to do it all!
    I truly can't get enough
    Kathleen
    4/1985,10/1997,6/2000,7/2002-off site 7/2003-AS Music
    7/2005,2/2006,8/2007-POR
    2/08-AS Movies
    7/08,2/09,8/09,3/10-Pop Century
    11/10,8/11,8/12,11/12, 3/13,8/13 AS Sports
    Next trip???
    "It all started with a mouse"

Post Thanks / Like

I never get bored when I visit. We don't feel "rushed" to do everything so we can take our time and try things that we haven't had the time for on past trips. The more you visit, the less stressful your trip becomes.
    Charnabog1326

Lost count of visits to WDW since 1987
    3 visit to DL since 2008

Future Plans: retire and become a cast member!

Post Thanks / Like

WDW boring????

SACRILEGE! FOR SHAME!

May the Tiki Room Gods in MK have mercy on your soul!

Otherwise, personally I have gone more than once in a year's time and I can never find it boring. I can always find something new to do and even riding attractions more than once does not bother me. Just an example, I've ridden Star Tours 30 times in a row in 6 hours during the first Star Wars Weekends and I never got tired of it then, don't get tired of it now.
    28 times to WDW and still going since 1984!! Most recent visit: November/December 2011...Far too long since my last visit! :'(

Personally, I believe it didn't start with a mouse. It started with a man that had one of the greatest imaginations in this world.

Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't go as far as to say "boring" but, it can start to feel routine. If you know what I mean.
    We still love to go and have a great time when we are there but, there are times when we look at each other and say it feels like we were just there.
    There are attractions we skip just because we have done them so many times. But, those are few and far between. The Tiki room is one I can name from the top of my head.
    The bus rides to and from the parks are very routine. I used to get a little excited to be on them, weird as that sounds, now I just dread them, even though I know where they are bringing me.
    Since we joined DVC the resorts are a real bonus to us. We love the feel of them and checking each of them out. Since we only joined in January of last year, that is a very new feeling to our vacations.
    We just started to attend the parties so, those are fun for us.
    We are skipping September this year for the first time since 1996 and are taking the kids in December. My husband and kids have never been at Xmas so, I think the totally different feel to the parks and resorts will be great for them!!

Long story short, we love WDW and everything about it. But, I would not be honest if I said it felt totally new and fresh every trip.
    DVC Members @ SSR
    19 Trips since 1996:
    Caribbean Beach Resort-2x's, Dixie Landings-2x, POFQ-2x's, POR-3x's All Star Movies-4x's, Pop-1x, Saratoga Springs-2x, BWV-1x, OKW-2x

Just got back: August 17th-22nd POR

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Never!
    ºoº David, Lisa, Aaron and Allison
    98-PO
    00-CB & ASMo
    01-Swan
    02-CS
    03-POR
    04-POP
    05-PO / CR
    07-PO / CR
    08-ASMu
    09-AKL
    10-CR, CS & PP DL
    11-NB DLP & SSR
    12-BLT & BLT
    13-GC DL & BLT
    15-Aulani & BLT
    16-ASMu & GC DL
    17-BWI, THV, CSR, BLT
    18-BLT, OKW, OKW, CBR, GF & BLT

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know if I would say boring but it is less exciting. I try to go with someone who has never been before each time I go. That helps me look at the different rides/shows like a first time visitor but with enough experience to know what to expect or look for. I really don't like to go more than once a year, but sometimes it is necessary.
    dm2K
    1993 - BC/Cruise; 1996 - BC; 1998 - BC; 2000 - YC; 2002 - FQ; 2004 - Campground/BC; 2005 - POR; 2007 - BWI; 2008 - AKL; Christmas 2010 - BC; 2011 - All Star Sports; 2012 - AKL & WL; 2013 - DL and CSR

Post Thanks / Like

I dunno about boring but I found. Once a year is pretty perfect for me. I would do it more if I could afford it ha .

But some of the rides and attractions don't have a great "re ride or experience " value. But they're so many that do. I think I could ride Space and Spalsh Mountain all day. It's all about finding new things and experiences and it's the only place I think in the world that I could travel to so often and never get tired of and never want to stop
    "Those Who Stay Will Be Champions"

Post Thanks / Like

Never boring to us! I can't imagine ever feeling bored at WDW.
    "That’s the real trouble with the world, too many people grow up." ~Walt Disney

Disneyland 1987
    WDW 1992
    POFQ 6/25/01-7/1/01
    POP 6/26/06-7/1/06
    POP 8/4/08-8/9/08
    POR 8/5/09-8/12/09
    POR 10/27-10/31
    Next Trip- POR 6/23-6/28

Post Thanks / Like

Disney is not boring in any way shape or form.
    We've been since 2004 and still haven't done or seen all. We are going in Dec and that's gonna be even more stuff to do and see. Can't wait.
    STEELER SUPERBOWL CHAMPS: 1974, 1975, 1978, 1979, 2005, and 2008 !

[SIZE="1"]1978 OFF SITE CAMPING
    JUNE 2004 POR
    JULY 2005 POR
    AUGUST 2006 POR
    JUNE - JULY 2007 POR
    DEC 2008- JAN 2009 POR
    JUNE 2009 POR
    JUNE 2010 POR
    JANUARY 2011 POP CENTURY
    APRIL 2011 Planning Stages

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Never boring....always different.
    We go on an annual trip (normally) and there is always something new to experience, whether it is an attraction, show or restaurant.
    There are so many things to enjoy outside of the theme parks. DTD, the water parks, world class golf courses etc. that will keep us coming back. A week long trip is just not enought time!
    Eric
    Resorts:
    POLYNESIAN (Favorite), Grand Floridian, Caribbean Beach, Coronado Springs. Beach Club, Saratoga Springs, AoA, All Star Sports and POP Century

Post Thanks / Like

When I lived in Boca, it got old going all the time. We would go for a week or so in September with the family. Then the other day trips or weekend trips with school and other organizations. It did get boring doing the same thing over and over and over. You have to realize that it was only MK and River Country back then. BTMRR, SM did not exist. It was SM, 20k Leagues, Pirates, and Jungle Cruise only. So, it did get a little boring. But, when we snuck into the Contemporary to play in the arcade, that made it fun.
    1 Week at Wyndham Bonnet Creek 06/17/17 - 06/24/17; 1 Week at Orange Lake Resort 06/24/17 - 06/30/17; 1 week at OKW 12/03/17 - 12/10/17

Post Thanks / Like

Absolutely never boring...Tiring, yes, but that's part of the fun!
    "There's a great big beautiful tomorrow shining at the end of every day..."

1973- Disneyland
    1981- WDW- OS
    1991- WDW- OS
    1995- WDW- CBR
    2000- WDW- DLR
    2001- WDW- ASM
    2009- WDW- POFQ
    2010 (November)-WDW POR
    2015 (December...with the grandkids)WDW ASM
    2019- WDW- POR

Post Thanks / Like

Default Well...

I would not call it boring, but occasionally it feels routine. We go several times a year for short trips, so we don't feel like we need to do "everything" every time we go.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: