Quantcast Which Value and Why??

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Which Value and Why??

Long story but our trip in October is a 3 day Disney Cruise followed by 7 days in our timeshare. Well, we were supposed to leave Saturday night but the airline changed our flight to afternoon. We would have to leave the park by 2:00 so we decided to leave on Sunday instead. We now have to find a place to stay for Saturday night. Since this is another added expense not planned for I want to go for something cheap. Which value resort do you like to stay in and why? I have never even visited the values so know nothing about them. What are the restaurants and rooms like? How about the pools? There will probably be time for swimming at night or the morning before we leave.We are two adults and two boys. Please help!
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Which value and why

We made an impromptu trip once, and the only choices were POP or GF. We chose POP, not knowing what to expect.

We loved it. We stayed in the 70's section. Everytime I opened the door to my room, I heard the Bee Gees' or "rollercoaster". Although the rooms are small, they are more than adequate for a one night stay.

The pool is basic.

The food court had way more choices than a Deluxe Hotel.

It is still Disney----you can't think of it as a RedRoof Inn or HoJo. You will be pleasantly surprised!
    Yo Ho Yo Ho a Pirates Life for Me

Post Thanks / Like

About 2 years ago we stayed at the All-Star Movies and really liked it. We were in one of the Fantasia buildings, so it was close to the big pool, buses and main building where the food court and shopping was. The pool was very nice and the food court had a rather large selection. Our room was clean and mousekeeping was great. My youngest DD was 6 years old at the time and absolutely loved everything about this resort. We would definately stay there again.
    March/April 1999- Dixie Landings
    September 2005- POR
    August 2006- ASMo
    August 2007- CBR
    August 2008- ASMu
    August 2009- ASMu/CBR
    December 2009- Y/B Club
    August 2010- ASMu
    August 2011- AKL
    August 2012- CSR/CBR
    July 2014- GF
    August 2015- CSR

Post Thanks / Like

We have stayed in All Star Sports once and POP twice. Got to say we enjoyed the POP a little better overall, but my son loved the statues of Hewey Dewey and Louie on the soccer field in front of our room. I would think for a one night stay any of them would be fine, but for any longer period I would try to get into POP.
    °O° Von Drake °O°
    10 trips before 2000 | 2001 Offsite | 2001 SOG | 2002 CR | 2005 ASSp & SOG | 2006 OffSite | 2006 Disneyland | 2007 POP | 2008 POP & SOG

Post Thanks / Like

My first choice is always POP, We've stayed at all 4 values and like them all.

Post Thanks / Like

Pop is my choice of the Value resorts mainly because of the location being in the middle of the resort travel wise. I always have a car and all reseort destinations are quickly reached.
    The vibe there is cool too.
    WDW Resort visits..
    1st visit 1977
    1979,1980,& 1982
    Twice a year (Feb & Dec) since 1984.
    Resorts: CR,BW,WL,AKL,YC,POFC,CB, FW & POP
    Next: Dec 1st thru 10th 2008
    This trip will be my 52nd..over 1yr of my life @WDW. Am I CRAZY??

Post Thanks / Like

I like the movies it's just so much fun with the theme. The next one I want to stay at is Pop it looks as it would be a fun resort as well.
    ~Beth~
    1st trip Nov. 24, 2006-ASmovies (4nights)
    Nov. 25, 2007-ASMovies (6 nights)
    Sept. 6, 2008-ASMovies (6 nights)
    Nov. 28, 2009 ASMovies (7nights)
    Nov 28, 2015 AOA (7 nights)
    December 10, 2016 AKL/Pop (7nights)
    Nov. 25, 2017 AsMusic (8 Nights)
    Next Trip March 4 AsSports (4 nights)

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

I've been fortunate enough to have stayed at all of the value resort. In my opinion, there is really not a handful of difference between them. Having said that, I think Sports may be my least favorite, but I would ( and likely will ) happily stay there again.

People will talk about the fact that POP is the newest, but don't be fooled to think that the others are therefore more run down. I have definitely NOT found that to be the case.

People will talk about the differences in transportation. The fact that POP sits alone, and the AllStar resorts sometimes share buses. They do in fact sometimes share buses, but during higher volume times, they get their own buses. And during times when they are sharing buses, I find that you'll see more All*Star buses than POP buses to better handle it. So in the end, there really isn't much difference in transportation.

The primary difference is the theming, and that's just a matter of personal choice. I think no matter which Value is chosen, your experience should be fine.
    Marker from MO

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all the replies!
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

The only value we have stayed at is POP! We were very happy w/ our stay, so much so that we chose to book POP again, even though it would have cost less to book one room at POR.

I have a feeling you'll enjoy any of the values, but for now, our value of choice is definitely POP!
    "That’s the real trouble with the world, too many people grow up." ~Walt Disney

Disneyland 1987
    WDW 1992
    POFQ 6/25/01-7/1/01
    POP 6/26/06-7/1/06
    POP 8/4/08-8/9/08
    POR 8/5/09-8/12/09
    POR 10/27-10/31
    Next Trip- POR 6/23-6/28

Post Thanks / Like

We have stayed at all the values. Depends on what theme you are going for that would influence the resort that you pick. We really like Movies & Music the best. To us Sports is louder than the others. It seems more children are running around that resort than the other values. POP is fine, but a very large resort.

We like the size, the theme & the overall feel of Music or Movies.

You really can't make a bad choice here, but hope this input helps you out.

18 Previous Visits

Most Recent December 2011 (POP)
    May 2012 (Disney Fantasy !)
    Sept 2012 POP Mom/Daughter Trip

Sept 2013 40th Anniversary Adventures Disney Ireland

2014 Check out MK Makeover!

Post Thanks / Like

I've only stayed at Pop & AS Music but by far I prefer Pop for it's atmosphere. To me, no matter how tired you are the place just livens you up.
    șoș Joe șoș
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Dolphin - May '99
    Pop - July '04
    ASMu - Sept '05
    Pop - Sept '06
    Pop - Sept '07
    Pop - Sept '08
    Pop - Sept '09
    Pop - Sept '10 HONEYMOON
    Pop - Sept '11
    Pop - Nov '12
    Pop NYE '13/'14
    NEXT TRIP - Pop - Nov 9th-16th '14

Post Thanks / Like

We have stayed at ASMu and POP, and we liked them both. The only reason we chose POP again this time was the huge statues of Lady & Tramp that my daughters love. You are in good hands wherever you stay... It's DISNEY!
    Trish

Next Trip Jan 2015 1 night POR, then BWV renting points
    Sept 2013 BWV renting points
    Nov 2012 BWV renting points for my big 4-0
    Sept 2011 BWV renting points
    Sept 2009 POP
    Sept 2008 POP
    Sept. 2007 POP
    Sept 2003 ASMu

Post Thanks / Like

We have stayed at ASMovies and ASMusic suites. The kids loved the theme of the Movies. We also enjoyed our stay in the Jazz section (family suites) last January

Post Thanks / Like

My family loves PoP. Food court, theming, the bus stops-everything
    01-93 off sight
    03-04 POP
    08-04 POP
    03-05 POP
    11-05 POP
    06-06 POR
    05-07 CSR
    01-08 POP
    07-08 POR
    03-09 ASMU
    08-09 POP
    08-10 POP
    02-11 POP

Post Thanks / Like

We've enjoyed staying at All-Star Movies. We like the theming and have never been far from the main building. The food court is bigger than at the other All-Stars, as well.
    Steve (aka brownie)
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations & Mousellaneous
    ASMv 4/00, 10/01, 11/03, 5/21
    ASMu 8/12, 11-12/22
    AKL 6/18
    BC 9/94
    CSR 8/14, 3-4/22
    POP 11-12/10, 3/12, 10/12, 7/17, 4/22
    POFQ 10/01
    POR 9/04, 1/16, 11/19
    WL 12/03
    Disneyland 6/07, 1/15
    Disney Dream 8/14

Post Thanks / Like

We are in a similar situation and chose to stay at Pop for one night just to see what it is like. We have seen such great reviews about this resort and thought it would be fun to try. We then are switching to ASmovies. We were booked at POR but decided to switch to a value to save money and becasue we are happy staying at the value resorts.

Post Thanks / Like

We love Pop Century! It's newer,and it seems like it's much closer to everything!
    Disneyland 1969-1988
    ASM 2000
    ASM 2002
    ASM 2003
    ASM 2004
    Pop 2004 (50's)
    Pop Oct.2006(70's)
    Pop May 2007(50's)
    Pop Dec.2007(60's)
    Pop Oct.2008
    PORS May 2010
    Wilderness Lodge 2013

Post Thanks / Like

Default Values

We've stayed in all of them at least once, but for the past several trips, we've chosen the POP. Since we always have a car, driving to and from the parks seems to be easier at the POP than at the All-Stars. (Although I always recommend taking the bus to the MK.)

The room sizes are identical at each. You'll have two double beds, a small bathroom, a vanity area, a small table and two chairs. For one night, you'll be fine. For a longer stay, you may be cramped!

No Value has a restaurant- only Food Courts. The POP food court isn't bad, although we rarely eat there. ( I personally like it more than the one at the POFQ) Since you're coming from a timeshare, you may have leftover food; be forewarned that the POP does not have refrigerators. You can pay extra for one (on a first come,first served basis) or buy a cheap cooler to store your food. We always have breakfast foods and snack items to keep cold.

The pools are large and fun for kids. No hot tubs, though. Each Value has more than one pool. If you're light sleepers, may sure you do not get a room facing one of the pools!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: