Quantcast VMK A month later...

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default VMK A month later...

well tomorrow June 21st will be one month sends VMK when bye bye. To me it seems like a year send it when bye bye. What do you miss on vmk.

For me it would be the look how VMK look like Disneyland and Walt Disney World. Also my rooms and my VMK family even though we are now the Small Worlds family. So what is yours.
    DLand character wanted list.

1. DUMBO 2. BLUE FAIRY 3. TARZAN 4. BRER RABBIT 8. JOHN SMITH 9. LAUNCH PAD 11. LOTSO 14. GYPSY

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't miss the quests/games/constant competitions or need for one-upmanship (but that seems to follow us into whatever game we end up in right?)
    I DO miss the Disney theming/overall look and feel of being able to "virtually visit" Disney Parks in between real visits.
    And, I AM greatful that VMK afforded a bunch of big kids with young hearts a place to connect so that so many of us could (and still will in the future) have the chance to meet up in the real world!
    AKA: FlyingIceman - Ice Rocker
    DLR every Summer from '67 - '76
    WDW Feb. '02

DLR Oct. '02

WDW Jan. '04
    WDW Christmas '04 (ASMusic)
    WDW Christmas '06 (Pop Century)

DLR Oct. '07 (Paradise Pier)

WDW Sept. '08 (ASMovies & PO French Quarter)
    Next Trip? Christmas '10

Post Thanks / Like

Friends
    Pirates
    Friends
    First Trip - January 2003

DVC
    Kidani Village - AKL
    Bay Lake Tower
    Riviera Resort

VMK - QueenThump & BrerFan

Post Thanks / Like

Gosh, has it been a month? Seems just like yesterday…..Nah, I agree Genie, it seems to have been a long time ago…..almost like a dream actually, did it all really happen? Did we really have a virtual magic kingdom we all played together in?

Among other things, I too miss the Disney touch VMK gave to us. I loved visiting WDW for the first time last year and seeing all the original items in the parks that inspired the items I saw in the game, like the surfboard tiki wall. I saw a wall just like the tiki wall at Blizzard Beach, but it had skis and snowboards hanging on it instead. Funny how visiting the park made me miss VMK while I was away.

I miss the safe playground for myself and my kids. I don’t think there is another place on the web that is fun for both kids and adults that has that same safe atmosphere. It was reassuring to know our information was protected.

Then there was the great fun of dictionary dancing. It was fun to see how many ways you could spell everyday words that were not allowed…… like sup.eye.door…..oh wait, we could say spider (wink, wink to a certain someone) ….but you get my drift. How many times did I try to dictionary dance a word you could say?

I will miss my favorite things to do in VMK….playing pirates and building rooms. So fun to see how many things you could make out of crates, rugs, foliage, walls and heart chairs.

And last, but definitely not least, I miss the friends I no longer have contact with. So many fantastic and talented people played VMK. It was wonderful and amazing to meet so many interesting people from all over the country who all had a common interest or playground in VMK.
    I am a woman of many moods and they all require chocolate.

Post Thanks / Like

Gosh a month already it feels much longer then that!

I do miss the Magic pins, the rooms, the games, the staff, and the whole Disney part of it. I also miss begging my mom to take me to WDW to do those quest hehe! lol Oh and who can forget, "Are you Taken?"
    God Bless, Jacquelyn M. Sheely
    (AKA: Jac, or Jazz)

VFK: DisneyJazzGirl
    POTC Online: Horizon SeaCastle
    VMK: GiltterDisneyGirl

WDW: Christmas & New Years 1986-1998/2002-2007
    Summer 03, 05, & 08/March 07 % Jan 09
    "NEXT TRIP" WDW 2010?

Post Thanks / Like

I don't miss the competitions either since it would cause me to leave the game for a while. There was just so much favoritism going on, it was getting ridiculous and not even worth the hassle. At least every once in a while a deserving person would get something, but it seemed to get rarer and rarer.

I don't miss Vince and the staff that replaced Yavn and his staff. They just never got what type of community we have and didn't have the passion for the game that Yavn did. I don't care what they said that he was still there, he wasn't. He had been moved over to Pirates.

I do miss all my favorite avatars and friends that I've grown to love over the last 3 years. Fortunately we've all mostly found each other either in SmallWorlds or Pirates.

I miss seeing people at the park when we would meet up and get the quests. Then spent the day together at the park.

My one regret. I wish we had more time when our favorite stuff (Cheshire cat for me) came out those last two weeks. I always wanted to build a tea party room and never got the chance. I spent my time going around and taking pictures of everything I could think of and of my characters items, public rooms and people's rooms they worked so hard on. We put together a bunch of group pictures also. I'm glad I did since we will always have them.

Post Thanks / Like

I miss being with friends and seeing what everyone was building. The creative ppl are there are amazing. Who would think to build a crocodile out of crates and make it looks so good or have a village. Just amazing.
    Melinda - Greet each day with a smile

Post Thanks / Like

I miss the friends I've lost contact with, though I do still have those who were the most important to me and I'm very thankful to vmk for giving us a place to find each other .

I miss the awesomely fun challenge of building things out of other things, I never saw the competitions as a hassle, only as a challenge to build something new and different. I built purely for the fun of building and I thank vmk for giving me such a fun creative outlet.

I miss seeing the amazing creativity that so many had in building their rooms, my hat is off to them.

I miss the safe feeling of allowing my kids to play knowing there were watchful eyes besides mine in the game.

Laura
    AKA Mamacita in the VMK
    Past trips:
    WDWx7 (CBRx2, ASMx2, POR, Poly, FW)
    DLx7
    Next up, who knows!
    No time for goofin off, I got dawdlin to do!

Post Thanks / Like

Great idea Genie! I would first say that I miss my friends, but it seems I have found all of them in other places!
    So instead I have to say I mostly miss the building aspect of VMK. These new games are really interesting but we really can't build and I do love to build. It was so awesome to see how players used furniture to make incredible works of art. And it was even more fun when I saw them recognized for their work. I got true joy from seeing my friends win cause I knew they truly deserved it.
    I have recently learned a little more about the evaluation process of best guest rooms and competitions and the "favoritism" nonsense doesn't fly anymore. Turns out after hosts we ALL knew and loved turned in their picks then the boss above them (names we did not know) did the final choosing. They submitted many rooms which were never chosen. So I would like to say to all my friends here, especially my fellow pink hat girls, your gingerbread rooms were amazing and were chosen (FAIRLY) out of 1500 entries. Your wins were well deserved and it makes me sad that anyone made you feel otherwise.
    There is only one thing that really stands out as far as things I don't miss. I don't miss the relentless, pointless, trivial whining that went on all the time. Luckily, I very quickly surrounded myself with drama free people who were just there to have a good time.

<3 See
    Last edited by Patricia; 07-02-2008 at 01:14 PM.
    "You rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles."

Post Thanks / Like

I miss VMK for the Disney fun and Disney things that can't be imitated anywhere else. All my true blue friends have not been lost in any way. They are written in permanent ink on my friend list where ever I may go.
    VMK Nachocat

Post Thanks / Like

Y'all're making me all verklempt!!!!!

...and I happen to LIKE cheese!!!
    AKA: FlyingIceman - Ice Rocker
    DLR every Summer from '67 - '76
    WDW Feb. '02

DLR Oct. '02

WDW Jan. '04
    WDW Christmas '04 (ASMusic)
    WDW Christmas '06 (Pop Century)

DLR Oct. '07 (Paradise Pier)

WDW Sept. '08 (ASMovies & PO French Quarter)
    Next Trip? Christmas '10

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wizardmickey View Post
    Y'all're making me all verklempt!!!!!

...and I happen to LIKE cheese!!!
    I happen to like Nachocat, who's the one and only original cheese.

One other thing that VMK gave us. We found Genie through RainyDaisy (who had also met him in VMK). My life has been so blessed by meeting him. And I know a lot of others feel the same way. It was so exciting to watch him building his Royal Suite there at the end and wish he really had time to enjoy the way he always wanted to. We love you big blue buddy and your stuck with us forever!

Post Thanks / Like

I miss the friends I made on VMK. Fee, Boo, Anti, Pic.ill, Ariel, Critter, Pluto, Cat, and all the others. I just miss being able to visit the Magic Kingdom whenever I wished.

RIP VMK.

Post Thanks / Like

I miss seeing all my friends but have been very lucky to have found them in many other places. I miss running around the Kingdom any time I wanted. Getting my Disney fix between trips was the best. I just want to say thank you to all those great people who I met on VMK and on Intercot that made me welcome when I was a newbie! Hugs to you all!
    VMK may be gone but will never be forgotten!
    Grace/ VMK- OhGee

Greet each day with a smile! (but I need my coffee first!)

Aug 2009 - DLR, WDW & the Disney Wonder - once in a lifetime trip!

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy VMK A month later...

I miss you all too. The only thing that keeps me going is message boards and playing pirates. I'm already up to level 20 and just finished the grenade quest. But it's not much fun on there without someone i know from vmk and i have yet to see anyone on their that played it. makes me feel like i'm on a deserted island. when does everyone play on pirates?
    VMK Title Alpharanda
    small worlds Miressa randie.

Post Thanks / Like

Randy most of us are now on a Web site call Small Worlds. It's not like VMK or Pirates but we have mead it a home for us. If you go on there just good to friend search and type Genie Jafar or Dino Fan or Chescat and u should fine one of us on there is more of yes like Ice Rocker which is Ice Figgie and so on.
    DLand character wanted list.

1. DUMBO 2. BLUE FAIRY 3. TARZAN 4. BRER RABBIT 8. JOHN SMITH 9. LAUNCH PAD 11. LOTSO 14. GYPSY

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Randypandy View Post
    I miss you all too. The only thing that keeps me going is message boards and playing pirates. I'm already up to level 20 and just finished the grenade quest. But it's not much fun on there without someone i know from vmk and i have yet to see anyone on their that played it. makes me feel like i'm on a deserted island. when does everyone play on pirates?
    Most of us are in two guilds, which play together. I'll pm you how you can find us in pirates. Since our guilds have day and night playing people, there is pretty much somebody on at all times you can find.

We're playing with Nachocat, Fan, Dino (he's been having issues with game so hasn't been on much), LittleDragonErin, MonkeyBoyJoe, Lady Vader, MICKEYBEAST, Spockman, Snarky, Tully Mars, Ice (has made one guest appearance), Patti (when she pops on).

We're still waiting for a certain pirate - cough- Doll - cough -, who we still keep missing. LOL!

Post Thanks / Like

Angry VMK A month later...

well unfortunately the grenades i just got are locked again as well as the dagger. thanks alot disney. I'm not sure how much use i'll be now. it makes me madder then ever now. I miss vmk. wish they would bring it back. i hate that i have to pay it. wish disney would bring back vmk. all they seem to care about is the bottom line which is money nowadays. and disney isn't run by disney anymore. walts nephew doesn't run it anymore. They don't care about children and families anymore which is pretty sad.
    Last edited by Randypandy; 06-30-2008 at 09:19 PM. Reason: left out something
    VMK Title Alpharanda

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Randypandy View Post
    well unfortunately the grenades i just got are locked again as well as the dagger. thanks alot disney. I'm not sure how much use i'll be now. it makes me madder then ever now. I miss vmk. wish they would bring it back. i hate that i have to pay it. wish disney would bring back vmk. all they care about is the bottom line nowadays. and disney isn't run by disney anymore. walts nephew doesn't run it anymore.
    What way are they locked? Are your weapons that you got above level 10 locked? Might be they reverted you back to basic account for some reason.

Post Thanks / Like

Angry VMK A month later...

i had just gotten the grenades. my dagger is at level 4.
    VMK Title Alpharanda