Quantcast Walt Disney World Resort Unveils Bold New Vision for Downtown Disney - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

I have mixed reactions...I don't frequent the clubs, but I know many people are fond of Adventurer's and Comedy. Believe me, I LOVE shopping and eating, but do we really need that many more stores/eating establishments? Not sure how I feel about that.

Does everyone hate the idea of the balloon? I thought it seems kind of neat. I would want to take a ride in it.
    Christi

2014: May--POR & US/IOA; Nov--POR (1st rD--JJ5k!)
    2013: May--POR
    2012: Jun--POP; Aug--POP/Hard Rock
    2011: Aug/Sept--US/IOA; Nov--POFQ
    2010: Dec--CSR
    2009: Sept--Poly GVCL
    2008: Sept--POFQ
    2007: Jan/Feb--POR; Sept: POFQ
    2004: Oct--CSR
    1987: off-site

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I KNEW I should have visited the Adventurers Club on my last visit....
    It's fun to be free.

Post Thanks / Like

Just to confirm.....Ragland Road, the restaurant, is closing? (I have an ADR for December)
    WDW is my happy place

Post Thanks / Like

Just to confirm.....Ragland Road, the restaurant, is closing? (I have an ADR for December)
    According to this, it is one of the places staying open.

To make way for the new offerings, all of the clubs currently on Pleasure Island will close on Sept. 27. Other locations on Pleasure Island , including Raglan Road , Fuego by Sosa Cigars, Curl by Sammy Duval, Orlando Harley-Davidson and outdoor food and beverage locations, will remain open during the transition.
    °O° Ria°O°

"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." ~Walt Disney

First trip: 11/05-Pop
    Next trip(s): 9/12-CSR, 10/12-ASM & Swan,
    11/12-Swan & YC
    Pop x 4
    CBR x 1
    POFQ x 2
    Poly x 1
    WL x 1
    AKL x 2
    SOG x 3

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tinksmom02 View Post
    Does everyone hate the idea of the balloon? I thought it seems kind of neat. I would want to take a ride in it.
    No, I don't hate the idea of the ballon ride. It actually answers a question I had about one of the "big prizes" for the year of a million dreams which was a hot air balloon ride. I think I saw it in the 2007/2008 catalog of Disney Dreams, it was shown as a big Mickey head shaped balloon and it looked cool to me. I was wondering if Disney even had a hot air balloon - now I guess they do or at least will soon to make that dream a reality for some lucky families.

I've seen a tethered balloon in Niagra Falls and they look fun. I'm a big fan of seeing land from high above. I look out of the window on airplanes more than at the movies playing (unless I have to pull the shade due to sun glare and politeness). I've taken a lot of awesome arial pictures on my trips. Some of my favorites were the Colorado Rockies, Grand Canyon and Oahu, Hawaii on approach. I've even seen my neighborhood from the air - well trees really, but the rock quarry, mall and mountain range were definitely identifiable while we circled for over an hour on one flight due to an air traffic gridlock. I know I was the only one enjoying that delay on the plane, but things look so cool from above, I even had a few nice words of appreciation for the flight crew about the circle - honest!

I have also had the relatively rare opportunity to fly in the Good Year Blimp over the Jersey shore and that was so awesome to experience! Got some spectacular shots that day and even got to outrun an approaching thunderstorm, now that was exciting at 18 mph!

Since Disney World is restricted air space, the opportunity to see it from above is a pretty rare treat. I'd take the tethered balloon ride along with my camera in a heart beat - so yep I'd definitely say the balloon ride appeals to me. I'm happy that many more people will get to experience one of the things that I love to do.
    Journey into your...Lego® Imagination Center
    If you can dream it...you can build it!

Still journeying & dreaming for over 30 years now to new vacation destinations & WDW.

Post Thanks / Like

I suppose it was a matter of time but I still miss the days when PI was for adults and required an admission fee at the front gate, not just to get into clubs. It was nice to have one small area where adults can be adults. It seems that when the gates came down - people started loitering and kind of took the fun out of the place.

Gee, I can't wait to have even more stores to shop in.

Post Thanks / Like

Please people... Read the opening thread on this. It tells you what is closing and staying open. This is getting to sound like the info line. It starts one way and ends up different. I miss the Beach Club and I am going to miss the Comedy Warehouse. But things have to change for the better. It all changed when they got rid of the every day is New Years. Since they dropped that it all went down hill.

Post Thanks / Like

TiggeRia,......Thanks so much for your kind response.

In regards to all the changes.... I am always excited about changes. Sure, I'll miss some things, but overall...I'm excited.
    WDW is my happy place

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dan864 View Post
    ALL SOUNDS VERY GOOD,BUT I THINK THE SHOULD KEEP RAGLAN ROAD,THAT PLACE IS GREAT,MAYBE TONE IT DOWN ALITTLE,MAKE IT MORE FAMILY FRIENDLY,THE FOOD IS SOME OF THE BEST AT DOWNTOWN DISNEY.
    I WILL MISS YOU RAGLAN ROAD
    RAGLAN IRISH PUB ,..... IS NOT CLOSING
    Bill
    It's never too late to have a happy childhood. But the second one is up to you and no one else.

AKL, Jambo, September 18 to October 2, 2012

Post Thanks / Like

Question

As far as the Adventurers Club, it is well liked by alot of people, but not my cup of tea. The rest of the clubs are just teen hangouts and a drinkfests. I'd rather have a sports bar and some casual drinking places a little less pricey.(I know ther is a ESPN zone at Boardwalk) I can drink in my room the entire trip for what it costs to drink at PI. My DW & I will miss the Comedy Warehouse but the rest can go. More resturants and shops are OK, but not really needed, I dont really buy anything except at the Disney shops anyway.

I'm not really sure what they need but most people I talk to don't go to PI anymore. they just hangout with their families. let the third parties take it over, if it will help bring to life a new Gate!!

Post Thanks / Like

We just took my nephews to the Comedy Club last year. They really had a good time and were looking forward to going again.
    And I know Sue H from another website LIVES for the Comedy Club. She is going to be so upset.
    I guess I better take some pictures when I'm there.
    şoşKathyşoş TimeShare 12-12
    GKTW June 2011,Off site Feb/March 2011
    Dolphin and POFQ 8/10
    POFQ Sept 08
    ASMu Aug-Sept 07
    Dolphin & CS-12/05. Mousefest & Dis Cruise
    Dolphin & POR July 04,WDW-Dolphin June 02Dolphin 6/2000
    Swan 6/99 -Dolphin March 98, March 94
    +many more times offsite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ChristineC68 View Post
    I suppose it was a matter of time but I still miss the days when PI was for adults and required an admission fee at the front gate, not just to get into clubs. It was nice to have one small area where adults can be adults.
    I completely agree, and am quite upset about this. Pleasure Island is a big highlight for us when we go to WDW, esp with the Adventurer's Club.

Wonder if they will change the name from Pleasure Island to Shopping Island? Thought Eisner left Disney?

I'm just glad we have one more trip there before it all closes down.
    '90 - High School Trip
    '05 - Animal Kingdom Lodge
    '06 - Wilderness Lodge (Honeymoon!)
    '08 - VWL and BCV

Next Up:
    '09 - Wilderness Lodge Villas

Post Thanks / Like

I was hoping to stop by Comedy Warehouse in December...guess that's out of the picture now.

It'll be missed.
    May '14 -- OKW 1 bdrm
    Dec '13 -- OKW + Off site
    Mar '13 -- Saratoga Springs
    Apr '12 -- Disney Fantasy 7Nt EC
    June '11 --BLT for SWW, July '11 -- OKW
    Dec '10 -- Disney Magic 7 Nt EC/5 nights POFQ
    DVC @ BLT Dec 2010 Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Post Thanks / Like

This isn't a big deal to me, I've never been inside and don't plan on going so I'm excited to see some changes.
    Carribean Beach '95
    Wilderness Lodge '96 '97 '98
    All Star Music '00 '01 '04
    Off-site '03
    All Star Movie '05 '06
    All Star Music 07'
    Pop Century with DBF Sep 08'
    Pop Century with family March 09'

Next trip: Disney and Universal Studios April 2015!

PINK!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pink View Post
    This isn't a big deal to me, I've never been inside and don't plan on going so I'm excited to see some changes.
    I am too- I' usually too exausted from the parks to go there at night!

2004-Allstar Movie
    2004-Allstar Movie
    2006-Allstar Movie- he proposed!!

2007-Allstar Movie
    2007- Allstar Music
    2008- September, December trip
    2009 June, Novemebr trip

"Outside of a dog a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's very tough to read"
    M Twain

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sad about the Adventurere Club and maybe the Comedy Club, but if I am to be totally honest, I never went to either (I always intended to, but never got around to it). I'm not impressed by more eateries and stores, either, though. I guess I'll do what I usually do and stick with the parks. They are why I go, after all.....
    "There's a great big beautiful tomorrow shining at the end of every day..."

1973- Disneyland
    1981- WDW- OS
    1991- WDW- OS
    1995- WDW- CBR
    2000- WDW- DLR
    2001- WDW- ASM
    2009- WDW- POFQ
    2010 (November)-WDW POR
    2015 (December...with the grandkids)WDW ASM
    2019- WDW- POR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dan864 View Post
    ALL SOUNDS VERY GOOD,BUT I THINK THE SHOULD KEEP RAGLAN ROAD,THAT PLACE IS GREAT,MAYBE TONE IT DOWN ALITTLE,MAKE IT MORE FAMILY FRIENDLY,THE FOOD IS SOME OF THE BEST AT DOWNTOWN DISNEY.
    I WILL MISS YOU RAGLAN ROAD
    Originally posted by John:

Other locations on Pleasure Island , including Raglan Road , Fuego by Sosa Cigars, Curl by Sammy Duval, Orlando Harley-Davidson and outdoor food and beverage locations, will remain open during the transition.

lockedoutlogic Guest

disney doesn't often get rid of restaurants or shops....

the same is true here....they are eliminating the clubs/bars.....where there are often slow nights.....in favor of shops and restaurants....when there are seldom slow days AND nights........

pretty soon....the arch on hotel plaza boulevard and 536 is gonna read "Where maximized profits come true!"

such is life in 32830

Post Thanks / Like

am really going to miss the comedy club

Post Thanks / Like

My Son's are really upset about the comedy club closing. I finally took them there last year and they loved i!!!

It sound like TRex is a prehistoric Rain Forest Cafe.
    I would be great if they could move the adventurer's club and the Comedy warehouse to DHS and fill in some of the dead space there! After all it is acting and would fit into the themeing of DHS. But what do I know, I'm only a guest.
    Dolphin & POFQ 2010

POFQ 2008

ALL STAR MUSIC August 2007

POP August 2006

Coronado Springs 2005

DCL trip December 2005

WDW DOLPHIN July 2004

WDW DOLPHIN JUNE 2002

WDW DOLPHIN March 1998

WDW OFF PROPERTY March 1994

DL Honeymoon 1987

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast