Quantcast Walt Disney World Resort Unveils Bold New Vision for Downtown Disney - Page 4

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow, this is sooooo NOT COOL!!

Instead of doing the right thing, and charging admission to enter PI again, they are turning it into more shopping and food. Just what we need....more places to stuff our faces. There was an easy way to make it an enjoyable place again....get rid of the losers by charging admission. I know WDW is a family place, but we adults sans kids do like a little adult haven now and then.

Like someone else said, they better keep the parks open later to give us something to do at night now. I can't really afford to go to PI every night and blow money on junk.

I will terribly miss the AC. We didn't go during our last trip, and I really regretted it. Now, I regret it even more! How stupid were we?? Gee, so glad we bought the PI AP. Guess I gotta complain and get some money back. Like it will matter.....

DH and I just signed the petition to save the AC. I'm #1270, and he's #1267.
    NEXT TRIP - DCL Fantasy Oct. 2016
    Yacht Club - Oct. '14, Dec. '15
    Poly - Dec. '07, '09
    Grand Flo - Too many times to keep track!
    CBR - May '10, Oct. '10, Dec. '11
    POR - Sept & Dec '03
    AoA - Oct. '12, Dec. '13
    Pop - May '11

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SurferStitch View Post
    Wow, this is sooooo NOT COOL!!

Instead of doing the right thing, and charging admission to enter PI again, they are turning it into more shopping and food. Just what we need....more places to stuff our faces. There was an easy way to make it an enjoyable place again....get rid of the losers by charging admission. I know WDW is a family place, but we adults sans kids do like a little adult haven now and then.
    THANK YOU!!! Disney is one of the top honeymoon destinations in the country but for some reason there can't be a handful of places that cater that demographic. I guess this means more of my vacation dollar will go to places outside of disney property. I'd rather pay cabfare then buy more junk while I am on vacation.

Post Thanks / Like

Okay....call me a dork....but what is this 'Adventurers Club' ?
    WDW is my happy place

Post Thanks / Like

I never could "get" the Adventurer's Club. We tried it a couple times and walked away wondering what it was that we missed. The funny thing is I know quite a few people that never "got" it either.
    SteveL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SteveL View Post
    I never could "get" the Adventurer's Club. We tried it a couple times and walked away wondering what it was that we missed. The funny thing is I know quite a few people that never "got" it either.
    I never really got it either but feel bad for all these people that really enjoy going there.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by goofy4mickey View Post
    We were at the Adventurer's Club last night and it was confirmed that it's closing in September - the cast members found out yesterday, too. I sure wish we could save it - it's one of my favorite things at WDW - totally unique and very fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by RobWreck View Post
    Here's a link I found to send questions/comments to Disney's Guest Relations...

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wd...=ContactUsPage

(I know that Intercot generally doesn't allow the posting of links, but I thought this might be ok...)
    Rob

PS: I also posted this in the 'Save the Adventurer's Club petition' thread in the Nightlife, Shops & Water Parks section...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharon1026 View Post
    Goodbye Adventurers Club.

Kungaloosh!

"All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them." - Walt Disney

"Too many people grow up. That 's the trouble with the world, too many people grow up." - Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ILoveLegos View Post
    I have also had the relatively rare opportunity to fly in the Good Year Blimp over the Jersey shore and that was so awesome to experience! Got some spectacular shots that day and even got to outrun an approaching thunderstorm, now that was exciting at 18 mph!
    way off topic, I know, but...

I have ALWAYS wanted to do this!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SurferStitch View Post

DH and I just signed the petition to save the AC. I'm #1270, and he's #1267.
    Where is this petition?
    '90 - High School Trip
    '05 - Animal Kingdom Lodge
    '06 - Wilderness Lodge (Honeymoon!)
    '08 - VWL and BCV

Next Up:
    '09 - Wilderness Lodge Villas

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tigger&Stitch View Post
    Where is this petition?
    I just PM'ed it to you.
    NEXT TRIP - DCL Fantasy Oct. 2016
    Yacht Club - Oct. '14, Dec. '15
    Poly - Dec. '07, '09
    Grand Flo - Too many times to keep track!
    CBR - May '10, Oct. '10, Dec. '11
    POR - Sept & Dec '03
    AoA - Oct. '12, Dec. '13
    Pop - May '11

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tigger&Stitch View Post
    I completely agree, and am quite upset about this. Pleasure Island is a big highlight for us when we go to WDW, esp with the Adventurer's Club.

Wonder if they will change the name from Pleasure Island to Shopping Island? Thought Eisner left Disney?

I'm just glad we have one more trip there before it all closes down.
    I agree, we have so much fun going and having "adult" time and a built in designated driver (aka the buses!). We can't do anything like that at home, there's just no easy way to do it at home. Families have all day at the parks, it was nice to have a place to escape in the evenings/night time do a little drinking and dancing, without young kids around. I'm so sad we won't have another trip down before this happens
    September 2004: CBR...dodging Hurricanes successfully!
    September 2005: CBR again and again dodging Hurricanes with success!
    September 2006: AKL, our honeymoon, just awesome!
    September 2007: POR, anniversary celebration! was awesome:)
    December 2012: First trip with the 4 year old, yay:)

Post Thanks / Like

Already over 1600 people signed the petition. If they all took the time to also write to Disney Co. or WDW sr. management, it gives a very strong signal that the bean counters are not appreciated!
    95 DLRP
    96, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01 ASS
    98, 01 DLRP
    98 DLRP
    00 DLRP
    02 DLRP
    02 CBR & AKL
    03 DLRP
    03 CBR
    03 DLRP
    04 DLRP
    04 CBR
    05 May: PC, Jun: ASS & Sep: PC
    06 Jan: PC, Sep: PC
    07 May: PC, Sep: CBR
    08 Jan: ASMo, Sep: Pop
    09 Feb: OS, Sep: SS
    11 May: SS

Post Thanks / Like

I have not enjoyed PI for quite some time. It really has become a scary place since they tore down the "gate".
    I look forward to the changes.

Post Thanks / Like

well, i cant say I will be sad to see any of the clubs go, mostly because I like to hang out on my vacation at downtown disney a couple times in the evening, and Im sick of the drunken townies that are always there.

I have never been to the Adventurers Club and wanted to check it out on my next trip, though. That will be a bummer to have missed it.

I dont think the big balloon is such a great idea...the tops of the buildings arent exactly the prettiest things to see.
    Everybodys got a laughin place!

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

As usual for me, I'm not going to jump on the "complain about it before we even see it" bandwagon. And I'm not of the sort to start throwing names like "stupid" at the people making business descisions just because it's not what I want.

But I do have a few thoughts and comments -

I think this makes good sense in a lot of ways -
    - with most TS restaurants being consistently full, and difficult to get ADRs, more dining options would seem to make a lot sense, and may help a little.

- adding choices that do business all day, instead of just at night, seems to make good business sense to me.

- on a philosophical level I'm really all for letting someone else handle the Adult entertainment, while letting Disney handle the family entertainment. I know others will disagree, but in my own mind, while on Disney Property, I think you should expect to find family orinted entertainment and offerings. Relying on WDW transportation to be the designated driver, to me is just not very "Magical".

- I know it's not going to be a popular comment, but I like to think that the foks at Disney DO listen to the commentes of customers. And if the trend of comments say they want more shopping and eating, then that's the direction the business should take. It would seem silly to do otherwise. If there was no demand for it, why would they do it.

So, I'll wait and see before casting judgement. But my initial thought is, I like the idea.
    Marker from MO

Post Thanks / Like

The changes sound good. I think making it more family friendly while providing a night-time outlet is a good thing.
    Steve (aka brownie)
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations & Mousellaneous
    ASMv 4/00, 10/01, 11/03, 5/21
    ASMu 8/12, 11-12/22
    AKL 6/18
    BC 9/94
    CSR 8/14, 3-4/22
    POP 11-12/10, 3/12, 10/12, 7/17, 4/22
    POFQ 10/01
    POR 9/04, 1/16, 11/19
    WL 12/03
    Disneyland 6/07, 1/15
    Disney Dream 8/14

Post Thanks / Like

I am SO disappointed! I don't want to have to break this to my DBf...it was his favorite part of our trips. *sigh*
    1999 Coronado Springs
    2007 Pop Century
    May 4-11, 2008 Coronado Springs

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the update, John.... I have to admit, I have mixed feelings about this, only b/c of our upcoming trip. My DH and I were really looking forward to a night at PI w/o the kids and enjoying the AC, which will now be closed. On the other hand, I'll be really glad to see some updates happen... it really needs it, and what they're planning so far sounds great. So -- overall, it's good news -- I'm just sad our favorite club will be closed while we're next there.
    Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -
    May '17 DL OR June '17 CBR

lockedoutlogic Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Marker View Post
    As usual for me, I'm not going to jump on the "complain about it before we even see it" bandwagon. And I'm not of the sort to start throwing names like "stupid" at the people making business descisions just because it's not what I want.

But I do have a few thoughts and comments -

I think this makes good sense in a lot of ways -
    - with most TS restaurants being consistently full, and difficult to get ADRs, more dining options would seem to make a lot sense, and may help a little.

- adding choices that do business all day, instead of just at night, seems to make good business sense to me.

- on a philosophical level I'm really all for letting someone else handle the Adult entertainment, while letting Disney handle the family entertainment. I know others will disagree, but in my own mind, while on Disney Property, I think you should expect to find family orinted entertainment and offerings. Relying on WDW transportation to be the designated driver, to me is just not very "Magical".

- I know it's not going to be a popular comment, but I like to think that the foks at Disney DO listen to the commentes of customers. And if the trend of comments say they want more shopping and eating, then that's the direction the business should take. It would seem silly to do otherwise. If there was no demand for it, why would they do it.

So, I'll wait and see before casting judgement. But my initial thought is, I like the idea.
    a very well formulated post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info John...

I'm all for these changes. Really, ANYTHING to replace what was PI would be fine with me. And I think to categorize the current PI as "adult" entertainment is a bit of a misnomer. Everything I saw there was stuff I would have enjoyed when I was 18-19 years old. Technically adult, but not really - more like pre-adult. The activities there seemed very un-Disney to us. The proposed changes seem fine to us. We're not big shoppers, but at least we won't feel like we want to walk around that area like we do now to get from WS to MP.

Post Thanks / Like

In what universe do these changes constitute a "Bold New Vision." Really. Even if you never go to PI and like the changes you can't say they are a "Bold New Vision."

I can't believe the AC is going. It's a Monday morning kick in the gut. I really can't believe this. It is one of my favorite places in all of DW. So many great memories....

At least I'm going in September and will have one final chance to give the Adventurer's Club salute.

SurferStich I didn't see the petition either, maybe you can post it here?

KUNGALOOSH FOREVER!!!!!!!!
    KUNGALOOSH FOREVER!!

"Will you stop this foolishness!!"
    "What kind of foolishness would you like to see?"

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: