Quantcast New Theme?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: New Theme?

Post Thanks / Like

Default New Theme?

The Year of a million dreams theme has been going on for 2 years now. Is there going to be a new theme soon or are they just going to continue this dream theme for a couple of more years?

I am getting a little tired of the million dreams theme. I liked it better when the theme changed each year.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not big on this theme either.

~Amanda
    "They punch a hole in the sky with FIRE and MATH!" - Gary podcast #19

Post Thanks / Like

I think the theme got extended for a second year because it was so sucessful. Now that attendance is dropping off, I will bet the theme gets changed.
    "Welcome, Foolish Mortals..."

Post Thanks / Like

Everything runs its course and I think this has too. They did this with the millenium celebration as well and it just gets a bit tiring after a while. Hope they change it soon.
    26 years staying at the Polynesian
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday...
    Twenty six straight years staying at the Polynesian
    Next trip: October 2018

Post Thanks / Like

I hope they change it. YOMD started during our last trip two years ago, and we'd like to see something new.

And since we aren't a family with small kids, I think we got passed over for the surprise "dreams" they hand out. Obviously, the look on a child's face is priceless, but us adults like some Disney magic, too.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Figment52 View Post
    I hope they change it. YOMD started during our last trip two years ago, and we'd like to see something new.

And since we aren't a family with small kids, I think we got passed over for the surprise "dreams" they hand out. Obviously, the look on a child's face is priceless, but us adults like some Disney magic, too.
    These prizes are given out based on random pre-set criteria that has nothing to do with who you are or who is in your travel party. For example, it may be the tenth person to get in line for Space Mountain after ten a.m, or the fourth person to cross the bridge into Adventureland, etc. Many many people do not get surprise dreams. There is a limited number to go around.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Don't feel bad, we just took our 3rd trip during YOMD and haven't won a single thing. I never went there expecting to win anything, but a YOMD hat, YOMD pin set or fastpasses would have been nice, just to win anything would have been nice. We have 2 children ages 6 and 8 and even visited during their birthdays and they wore the birthday pins and still no prizes. So trust me they are not giving the prizes out based on the type of family you have. You just have to be in the right place at the right time to win something. Actually, while we were there it never crossed my mind that we weren't winning anything. I didn't realize until we got home from our trips that not only did we not win anything, but we never even saw the dream squad. Talk about never being in the right place at the right time. LOL.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

The rumors I have been hearing is that it will be called Magical Celebrations. Trying to get people to come and celebrate anniversaries and birthdays. Again just rumors.
    POP Century - September 2006
    POP Century - September 2009
    POP Century - September 2011
    Port Orleans Riverside - September 2013
    POP Century - September 2015

BMan62 is offline Team INTERCOT Cast Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Grumpy View Post
    The rumors I have been hearing is that it will be called Magical Celebrations. Trying to get people to come and celebrate anniversaries and birthdays. Again just rumors.
    It would be nice if they started this before the end of this year -- our 10th wedding anniversary is in December. We're jumping the gun by making our September trip our Anniversary trip!

Post Thanks / Like

We are actually celebrating our 1st anniversary there in September so the suggested theme would be great if they started in early in September. Even if it doesn't start or change, we will still be in Disney. That will suffice for me

Post Thanks / Like

Year of a Million Dreams is continuing through the end of this year (2008), so I wouldn't look for anything new until early next year.
    Steve (aka brownie)
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations & Mousellaneous
    ASMv 4/00, 10/01, 11/03, 5/21
    ASMu 8/12, 11-12/22
    AKL 6/18
    BC 9/94
    CSR 8/14, 3-4/22
    POP 11-12/10, 3/12, 10/12, 7/17, 4/22
    POFQ 10/01
    POR 9/04, 1/16, 11/19
    WL 12/03
    Disneyland 6/07, 1/15
    Disney Dream 8/14

Post Thanks / Like

Don't you think if it was a celebration focused on birthdays and anniversaries and what not, it would encourage people to go and say "oh, this trip is for my birthday which was 5 months ago." I know that's how some people do it, for whatever reason, but do you think everyone would take advantage of it? Especially with the notion that they'll be getting extra special things like seems to be the unwritten rule these days? I just don't this this would be a good Celebration idea, if Disney was wondering my opinion, lol.
    Star light, star bright,
    first star I see tonight.
    I wish I may, I wish I might,
    have the wish, I wish tonight.
    We'll make a wish, and do as dreamers do,
    and all our wishes,
    will come true.

Post Thanks / Like

how about no theme? why does there need to be one. It used to be no theme and then the birthdays every 5 years were huge events.
    1999 -2005 Former CM at Space Mtn and Caricature artist at AK and Resorts
    Jan 06 BC/Cruise/ASM
    Sept 06 Pop
    April 07 Pop
    Dec. 07 Caribbean Beach
    Aug 09 Pop
    May 10 Pop
    Jan 12 - Dolphin - WDW Half Marathon 1:44:45
    Sept 12 - ToT run and MNSSHP - Pop

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SBETigg View Post
    These prizes are given out based on random pre-set criteria that has nothing to do with who you are or who is in your travel party. For example, it may be the tenth person to get in line for Space Mountain after ten a.m, or the fourth person to cross the bridge into Adventureland, etc. Many many people do not get surprise dreams. There is a limited number to go around.
    Quote Originally Posted by buzznwoodysmom View Post
    Don't feel bad, we just took our 3rd trip during YOMD and haven't won a single thing. I never went there expecting to win anything, but a YOMD hat, YOMD pin set or fastpasses would have been nice, just to win anything would have been nice. We have 2 children ages 6 and 8 and even visited during their birthdays and they wore the birthday pins and still no prizes. So trust me they are not giving the prizes out based on the type of family you have. You just have to be in the right place at the right time to win something. Actually, while we were there it never crossed my mind that we weren't winning anything. I didn't realize until we got home from our trips that not only did we not win anything, but we never even saw the dream squad. Talk about never being in the right place at the right time. LOL.
    I didn't mean to sound petulant and whinny. We didn't go expecting to win anything either, but it was a little disapointing to see the winners as pretty much families with small kids. Or at least the obvious winners - those with dream fastpasses, YOMD ears, etc. And we did see the dream squad on a number of occasions. Oh well, maybe this trip.

Post Thanks / Like

On our trip in November we were granted a magical moment when leaving Wilderness Lodge one evening. We were on the dock and the boat captain asked if we'd be interested in a fireworks cruise on the lake in front of the castle. There was no dream team, but we were informed that someone canceled their ressie and he was told to find a "nice family" to take the cruise. Our family included great grandma, me (Grammie), my daughter and two granddaughters, ages 11 and 5. We were definitely in the right place at the right time and I'm so glad we were. It was fabulous!! We even got to see 2 gators which the girls loved.
    Grammie

July 1988 Disneyland
    Aug 1997 Dixie Landings
    July 2003 off site
    Dec 2004 Day trip to Epcot
    Nov 21-Dec 1, 2007 CBR
    Nov 18-28, 2009 POP
    Nov 18-26, 2016 POP

Post Thanks / Like

I have wondered about this too...We will be there until Jan. 3rd and it would be great to see something new begin while we are there...(not to win because that never, ever happens to me)
    Amy
    80 Camping șoș
    89 Offsite șoș
    05 ASM șoș
    06-07-08-09-10-10-11-12-13-14-15 POR șoș

Post Thanks / Like

I didn't mean to sound petulant and whinny. We didn't go expecting to win anything either, but it was a little disapointing to see the winners as pretty much families with small kids. Or at least the obvious winners - those with dream fastpasses, YOMD ears, etc. And we did see the dream squad on a number of occasions. Oh well, maybe this trip.
    I didn't think you were petulant or whiny. This was a common worry when the promotion started and we had several threads back then with posts on how they actually choose the winners. It has been awhile since the topic has come up, and I just wanted you to know that winning is at random.

I think perhaps it just happens that a lot of Disney guests tend to be traveling with their families, and a fair amount of those families contain young children. It sure would be nice to win. We really wanted the Dream Fastpasses, but no luck for us either. I like the theme, but won't mind seeing something new.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

During our last 2 trips I have seen the Dream Squad on several Occasions. And during the tour they tell you about the Dreams given out and how a 5 year old kid drinking out of a fountain was chosen for the Grand Marshall Around the World trip. It took all the Dream Makers and Security footage to convince his Parents.

My step sister got a pass to a special night Extra Magic Hours thing just for the "Dreamcatchers" that were asked.

my DW would love to stay in the Castle!! May be this trip for our Anniversary July 27th. Or maybe just a nice "Would you like your dream to come true moment"!!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: