Quantcast Odd fashions at wdw

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Odd fashions at wdw

Has anyone ever seen anyone in the parks that is wearing something ridiculous that it was hilariuos?
    I have seen some pretty odd fashion choices at wdw, but on my last trip, in MK I saw a women (low-mid 30s) wearing tight black leggings, a pirate/skull bandana around her head, and a tight black shirt with a huge glitter skull on it...its ok to dress with a 'theme' at wdw, but this was a bit excesive.
    I'll try to remember other weird fashions at the parks...
    Dec 27- Best of Both Worlds Tour, Hannah Montana & Miley Cyrus with Jonas Brothers
    Mar 21- Look Me In The Eyes Tour, Jonas Brothers with Rooney
    Aug 27- Burnin' Up Tour, Jonas Brothers with Demi Lovato, The Veronicas, and BIG ROB!

march 09 SENIOR TRIP

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We were walking towards the security checkpoint at AK and these 2 women-mother and daughter-hurried in front of us. (we knew this because the mother had the daughter by the wrist, doing their best to run ahead of the crowd, with the daughter yelling "Ma, slow down!")They were wearing tube tops, daisy duke shorts and stilettos. I must be getting old.......
    10/91-Honeymoon YC Concierge
    6/92, 5/93, 9/95, 9/99-YC
    9/00-BWI,YC
    6/01-AKL,YC
    9/02-BCV,YC
    5/03-BCV
    8/03-WLV,BWV
    1/04-HH,BWV,OKW
    6/04, 5/05-BWV
    8/05, 11/07-SSR
    2/09-BCV
    11/09-BCV
    5/11-AKL
    4/12-OKW

Post Thanks / Like

While not an odd fashion, I have seen some rather big folks wearing way to little Tank tops, spandex and halter tops should NOT be worn by certain people!
    1975-2000 Family Trips, FW
    Nov 2005- FW
    June 2006- FW
    Feb 2007- FW
    Dec 2007- POFQ
    Feb 2008- POR
    July 2008- WL
    Dec 2008- FW
    Feb 2012- POFQ
    Herb
    Proud Passholder

Post Thanks / Like

Our last trip , there was a woman in her upper 40's that was dressed exactly like Jack Sparrow-even the wig of dread locks and narly hair. It was completely crazy. We saw here all over the park, She had some kids with her that looked around 8-12 and none of them was dressed up at all. Very Odd!

We also saw lots of 3-4" stillettos on lots of Hispanic visitors. I mean reallly high. I have no idea how they walked around the parks.

In line to returning a stroller, there was a lady in front of me who looked to be around 45-50 and about 300lbs who had on a very see through diaphenous long skirt and I could see every inch of her underwear. I was shocked that she was allowed in wearing this. I am so glad my kids were not in line with me.

ANd yes we also saw lots of unrestrained boobs on many women....and none that you really wanted to look at.
    Kim, Mom of Two Russian Angels

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=
    In line to returning a stroller, there was a lady in front of me who looked to be around 45-50 and about 300lbs who had on a very see through diaphenous long skirt and I could see every inch of her underwear. I was shocked that she was allowed in wearing this. I am so glad my kids were not in line with me.

ANd yes we also saw lots of unrestrained boobs on many women....and none that you really wanted to look at.[/QUOTE]

At least she was wearing underwear! As you said there are a lot of LARGER than life people who should be wearing undergarments and don't seem to realize it! Yuck! I don't care how hot it is, I'm not leaving some items off because I won't see anyone that I know.

I used to be one of those that wore high heels and it's not just Hispanic women who do this.I didn't even own sneakers back when I first started going to WDW. You can bet I don't wear heels there anymore!
    ºoºKathyºoº TimeShare 12-12
    GKTW June 2011,Off site Feb/March 2011
    Dolphin and POFQ 8/10
    POFQ Sept 08
    ASMu Aug-Sept 07
    Dolphin & CS-12/05. Mousefest & Dis Cruise
    Dolphin & POR July 04,WDW-Dolphin June 02Dolphin 6/2000
    Swan 6/99 -Dolphin March 98, March 94
    +many more times offsite

Post Thanks / Like

We saw two women dressed as Jasmine and Belle at Epcot, but they were clearly not Disney employees and their costumes were, um, not quite up to code. They were showing a lot of skin.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

I was just wondering why so many women wear high heels at Disney? I don't get it-

But I just remembered the last time I went to wdw, a school trip was there too. All the kids had these BRIGHT neon green/yellow shirts on. And we saw them everywhere! It was such an obnoxiuos color- and in the heat you don't want to look at that neon of a color! At least when my school goes to wdw, we wear red tees!
    Dec 27- Best of Both Worlds Tour, Hannah Montana & Miley Cyrus with Jonas Brothers
    Mar 21- Look Me In The Eyes Tour, Jonas Brothers with Rooney
    Aug 27- Burnin' Up Tour, Jonas Brothers with Demi Lovato, The Veronicas, and BIG ROB!

march 09 SENIOR TRIP

Gottaluvgoof Guest

All the above mentioned, have definitely been seen. I also have to mention Star Wars Weekends. We went one year and even though it was the theme, I was amazed at how many people wore those hot costumes. There were whole families of Star Wars people. It was pretty crazy. I think some of them really thought they were the real deal.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Minnie Imagineer View Post
    I was just wondering why so many women wear high heels at Disney? I don't get it-
    There's a woman in my office that ALWAYS wears heels -- she says she can't even walk in flats at this point without being really really uncomfortable.

As for interesting get ups in DW...

I saw one woman that was in head to toe black in the middle of the Sept - long pants, long sleeves. It was 90ish degrees and I got hotter just looking at her.

I also saw one woman that was wearing a tight spandex outfit - she wasn't really big; it's just her clothes were very small and unforgiving. Even her undergarments were really tight so there was that visable roll of back fat. If she didn't have a head, I couldn't tell her front from her back.

Post Thanks / Like

High heels don't make sense walking the parks...but running to cut in front of people is where I'm completely lost. I wouldn't be surprised if some of those girls/women end up in the hospital

And really, I don't care how good you look...90 pounds or 300 pounds...I don't want to see anything that should be covered.

Post Thanks / Like

When we went a few years ago just about every teenage girl we saw (and some that were even as much as 50, which made it worse) was wearing super short skirts. Ya know, the ones you're supposed to wear with leggings? Yeah, except they weren't wearing leggings, just the skirts. They all had to stand completely upright because if they bent over at all you could see their rear-ends.

I'm still trying to figure out how they actually sat down. I'm still not sure that they could. It was amazing. Because if they DID infact finally sit, their rear-ends would be touching whatever they were sitting on

I mean, like everybody else has said, I know it was hot, but that doesn't mean that I'm going to wear something that may or may not show parts of me that are called private for a reason.
    First Trip to Disney World; age 4 1/2; 01/89 CBR
    15+trips staying at CBR, Port Orleans, Dixie Landings, AsSp, AsMu, AsMo, POP!, GF, WL, Fort Wilderness.
    Resent Trips;
    03/04; POP!
    03/05; POP!
    06/06; POP! (Honeymoon!)
    03/07; AsMo
    09/08; AsMu

Post Thanks / Like

I'm still trying to figure out how they actually sat down. I'm still not sure that they could. It was amazing. Because if they DID infact finally sit, their rear-ends would be touching whatever they were sitting on
    That is discusting, I've never thought of that. Girls my age are always wearing clothes that are too skimpy and I know it's because they wnat to show off but I feel like Disney isn't the place.

No particular outfit sticks out in my mind, just much of the same, people wearing clothes that are too small for their own body.
    Carribean Beach '95
    Wilderness Lodge '96 '97 '98
    All Star Music '00 '01 '04
    Off-site '03
    All Star Movie '05 '06
    All Star Music 07'
    Pop Century with DBF Sep 08'
    Pop Century with family March 09'

Next trip: Disney and Universal Studios April 2015!

PINK!

Post Thanks / Like

Default clothing choices

What a fun thread! I've seen versions of all of the above. Our family's personal favorite is the completely mismatched outfit (striped top with plaid shorts, etc); we look at each other and one of us says "Must be the last day of their visit- that's all that was left in the clean-clothes drawer." Or how about different camouflage patterns, all worn at the same time on the same person (shorts, shirt, bandana)?

Of course, after reading this thread, I have to re-evaluate my pile of clothes for our upcoming trip-

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMousse View Post
    We were walking towards the security checkpoint at AK and these 2 women-mother and daughter-hurried in front of us. (we knew this because the mother had the daughter by the wrist, doing their best to run ahead of the crowd, with the daughter yelling "Ma, slow down!")They were wearing tube tops, daisy duke shorts and stilettos. I must be getting old.......
    That is absolutely hilarious!!!
    Wrong will be right, when Aslan comes in sight,
    At the sound of his roar, sorrows will be no more,
    When he bares his teeth, winter meets its death,
    And when he shakes his mane, we shall have spring again.

Micki

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I used to be guilty of wearing heels to Disneyland (CA). Keep in mind that this is a much smaller park and we used to go later in the day--around 6 or 7 p.m. until closing at 1:00 a.m. Granted, they were solid, 2" heels, not anything spikey! I was far more comfortable in them than sneakers at the time! *LOL*

Also went to WDW wearing the same type shoes in 1981. MK was the only park, similar to Disneyland, so the shoes were fine most of the time. I did take--and wear--flat sandals and sneakers part of the time.

More recent visits, I've joined the sensible ranks!

Post Thanks / Like

This is too funny. You do see some-cough, cough- interestingly dressed people in WDW. We went last September and in the MK a couple was wearing matching sweat suits. The thing was they were silver lamay (sp?) It was quite a sight! It was also 95+ degrees out. Yikes!
    Sashiroo
    Next Trip 5/09 ASMFS!!
    9/07 WL
    ASMFS 4/07, CR 10/03, BC 10/00,
    CSR 9/98, Swan 3/97, ASM 9/95,
    OKW 9/94,DV 5/92, YC 8/91, CR 6/90, 7/79-7/88 off property, various locations

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe it's just me, but I can't understand the white socks and sandals thing. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt if they are the strap on sandals, but the ones that you wear at the pool/beach that have just the strap over the top of the foot? It seems to be everywhere and it looks ridiculous. I've also seen the variation of white socks/flip flops (with the toe thong). Even worse.

2018 Port Orleans Riverside
    2012 Port Orleans Riverside
    2011 Port Orleans French Quarter
    2009 Grand Floridian
    2007 Contemporary
    2006 Grand Floridian
    2004 Polynesian
    1980 Day trip to MK

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE

And really, I don't care how good you look...90 pounds or 300 pounds...I don't want to see anything that should be covered.[/QUOTE]

Exactly! The one that sticks out in my mind was a woman we saw at EPCOT wearing very short jean shorts and a triangle bikini top. Of course that "outfit" would look trashy on anyone unless they were at the beach, but this particular lady looked very rough like she was probably 35, but looked 55. Probably lots of hard living. I did a double take because she looked so bad. To top it off it was February and while it was a warm day it wasn't that warm. Clearly this woman thought she looked good which made me wonder what reality she was living in.

I also saw a lady in AK that was dressed in her Sunday best- hat, heels, and all. She looked like she was ready for Easter service. Nobody else around her was dressed up so I'm not sure who she was with or what she was there for. Hopefully she was not planning to hike around AK in that getup.
    Michelle

Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Outfits at WDW

I saw a big man (as in big muscles), with lots of tattoos, in a muscle shirt, which he could wear.

But what really made his outfit was the gold sequined Mouse ears!
    Lisaj13
    Disneyland - Four times
    Disney World - Three times

Post Thanks / Like

I once saw a goblin, and a power ranger, and a princess, and superman, and spiderman, and....wait I was at MNSSHP
    1999 -2005 Former CM at Space Mtn and Caricature artist at AK and Resorts
    Jan 06 BC/Cruise/ASM
    Sept 06 Pop
    April 07 Pop
    Dec. 07 Caribbean Beach
    Aug 09 Pop
    May 10 Pop
    Jan 12 - Dolphin - WDW Half Marathon 1:44:45
    Sept 12 - ToT run and MNSSHP - Pop

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: