Quantcast Pocahontas and Her Forest Friends to Close September 27, 2008 - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Good Riddance. I am glad to see that Disney is trying to improve this park. It is one of my favorites, but I can also see lots of room for improvement. Now if we could just get rid of Dinoland. That section of the part is comparable to a bad fair with the exception of Dinosaur the ride.
    '91 Grand Floridian
    '01 Caribbean Beach
    '02 Grand Floridian
    '03 Coronado Springs
    '04 Dolphin / Grand Floridan
    '07 Caribbean Beach
    '07 Disneyland
    '09 Caribbean Beach
    '10 Caribbean Beach
    '11 Pop Century
    '12 Wilderness Lodge (January/February)
    '13 Off Site Rental Home
    '14 Off Site Condo

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

My husband and I quite enjoyed this show. We are happy that we are going back in Sept with our 1 year old so he can enjoy it also. The thing that we love about Disney is that there is something for everyone. The great thing about this attraction was the message that it was sending to children.
    Kim & Danelle

August 2000 - All Star Movies
    August 2001 - All Star Music
    August 2005 - All Star Movies & Pop Century
    May 2006 - Port Orleans Riverside
    May 2007 - Port Orleans Riverside
    September 2008 - Port Orleans Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

We have seen it twice a few years ago when the kids were around the 3 to 6 yr old age. Since the last time they really didn't seem interested in it and would vote to skip it. So this is one of the very few attractions at WDW that we skip over. It would be great to have a new show there.

Post Thanks / Like

Boyfriend and I just started going to this show last year and actually enjoy it - I really like the "little" tree, although I don't remember his name. Like PI, glad to be able to see it once more before the closing!
    Jan. 99 AllStar Music ;Jun 01 AllStar Sports; Jul 2003 Dolphin;May. 04 -AllStar Movies, Jan 07 Wilderness Lodge; Jun 2007 Pop Century; Jan 2008 Port Orleans Riverside; Aug 08 Pop Century; Jun 09 Saratoga Springs, Aug 09 Animal Kingdom Lodge; May 10 Boardwalk; Oct 10 Saratoga Springs

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bummer:(

We are going to do shows, shopping and parades this trip. We will be going with my in-laws in November...their treat! Since they are paying, we are going to do the slow paced things and this show was going to be one of those. To be honest, AK is our least favorite park, so I hope they replace it with something fun.
    "You make me smile with my heart."
    • DH...almost every year growing up.
    • Me...1978...I think.
      Our Family
    • January 2006-CBR
    • April 2007-Bonnet Creek
    • November 2008-CSR---Never again!
    • Halloween 2010-Bonnet Creek
    • November 2012-Bonnet Creek:)

Post Thanks / Like

I must remember to go see this in September
    Past trips
    1980 - DisneyWorld somewhere ;)
    2000 - Disney's All Stars
    2005 - Honeymoon @ POP Century
    2008 - POFQ

Man I need to get there more often

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, Disney is really in an overhaul mood. First closing Pleasure Island, then the character meals at the Garden grill and Liberty Tree and now this. I say good for them for seeing their weaknesses and trying to freshen up things a little bit.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

My kids actually liked this also- Pocahantas doesnt get much play- its good to see the diversity here - other "princesses " get more publicity
    Bryan

DVC since 02, Poly 89-90, Tokyo 98, CB 99, Swan 01, WL 06 ,08, 10, BLT 11, HHI 12, OKW 12-13, BC 03-05, 07-09, 11, 13,16 , 17
    Contemporary 05, 13, GC DLR 15, VeroBeach 16, AoA 16

"There's Blood on the saddle, and Blood all around...."Big Al-

Post Thanks / Like

I thought it was a nice show for a character we don't get to see much of. It was fun for younger kids, with cool animals and singing....and it was SHORT-for those of us young and old who don't want to sit through the ENTIRE line-for-line, musical version of a movie we've seen a kazillion times.
    I'll miss this cute little show.

Post Thanks / Like

We used to go to this show fairly regularly when the kids were much younger. However, as two are now adults and the youngest is 11 we have not stopped in to see it for several years. I always thought it was a good show for the younger set but can also understand why it doesn't hold the attention of older children so well. But, as others have already said, it was aimed at the younger set so the reaction of our kids seems perfectly normal.

Post Thanks / Like

They'll probably just replace it with another Nemo related show...sigh...
    College Prg-'99
    Dixie-Jan'00
    OffSite-Oct'00
    Contem-Sep'01
    ASMo-Jan'02
    YC-Sep'02
    ASMo/WL-Jan'03
    POR-Sep'03
    ASMu-Dec'03
    AKL-May'04
    POR-Oct'04
    POP-Mar'05
    POR/Bdwk-Dec'05
    WL-Jan'06
    POP-Oct'06
    POR-Jan'07
    POP-Oct'07
    POR-Nov'08
    POR-Nov'09
    POP-Apr'10
    POP-Nov'12
    POR-Nov'14

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NJGIRL View Post
    Wow, Disney is really in an overhaul mood.
    That's my sense as well, and that's probably a good thing. Everything has to be revitalized at some point and 10 years is a good long run for Pocahontas. The hope is that all this change will lead to better attractions and not repeat some of the mistakes of the past like Imagination.
    26 years staying at the Polynesian
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday...
    Twenty six straight years staying at the Polynesian
    Next trip: October 2018

Post Thanks / Like

I was just at AK and I regret not seeing this show. If I had known it was being discontinued, I would have definitely made a point to see it, especially since I never got a chance to see it before. I did however see Finding Nemo The Musical show and I thought it was great. I also saw the new "talking" Timon in Festival of The Lion King and I thought he was great as well. As much as I loved Nemo, I don't think anything could top Festival of The Lion King for me.
    PGM

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible." - Walt Disney

lockedoutlogic Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Polynesian Dweller View Post
    That's my sense as well, and that's probably a good thing. Everything has to be revitalized at some point and 10 years is a good long run for Pocahontas. The hope is that all this change will lead to better attractions and not repeat some of the mistakes of the past like Imagination.
    i hope that this is to prepare for something else....not just a "streamlining" move meant to cut out the costs of fluff.....

one thing i hate more than bad shows and rides is closing said shows and rides and putting up a mcdonald's frie shack.....

the only way disney keeps the money coming is to keep the freshness coming......

i hope they are not just boarding up the windows for a rough spell....but instead have the vision to realize that now might be the time to pour in some money to allow for alot of money down the road....

Post Thanks / Like

My sons (5 and 2.5) absolutely love this show. The trained animals are adorable. The amount of training that went into making them perform on cue is pretty amazing. The ladies that play the lead are very strong singers. It's a great little show for kids and it's too bad that it's going away.

I know the quieter shows at Disney aren't everyone's cup of tea, but that doesn't mean they <stink>. One of the things I like about Disney is that they pay as much attention to making the small bits of magic as perfect as the big ones like Fantasmic.
    Last edited by Carol; 07-14-2008 at 03:21 PM.

May 2002 WDW
    February 6- 11, 2006 WDW
    September 23-27, 2006 WDW
    September 1-September 9, 2007 WDW
    August 29 - September 6, 2009 WDW
    February 4, 2012 - February 12, 2012 WDW

Post Thanks / Like

its just sad that all you see on the Intercot homepage is closings
    1999 -2005 Former CM at Space Mtn and Caricature artist at AK and Resorts
    Jan 06 BC/Cruise/ASM
    Sept 06 Pop
    April 07 Pop
    Dec. 07 Caribbean Beach
    Aug 09 Pop
    May 10 Pop
    Jan 12 - Dolphin - WDW Half Marathon 1:44:45
    Sept 12 - ToT run and MNSSHP - Pop

Post Thanks / Like

I am sad to see this show go. It is really the only "Pocahontas" movie related attraction. Although it wasn't the most popular of moview, at least it was something different. I don't understand why they have 2 "Toy Story" themed rides, 2 "Nemo" attractions and then some movies / characters with no attractions. Seems like they could come up with a ride/attraction for something different instead of doing duplicates for some and nothing for others. Hopefully they won't replace it with another Nemo or Toy Story thing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by markyv View Post
    Good Riddance. I am glad to see that Disney is trying to improve this park. It is one of my favorites, but I can also see lots of room for improvement. Now if we could just get rid of Dinoland. That section of the part is comparable to a bad fair with the exception of Dinosaur the ride.
    Oh, here we go... We're only a few posts from talking about ripping out "the dreaded hat" or gloating over getting the arm & wand removed. Removing things from WDW is always sad.

My thoughts are this: it seems like Disney is taking a lot of kid themed attractions out (with this and some character dining). I hope they're not moving all the kid appeal to DTD and then move Pleasure Island to the parks, just to attract more adults.
    My name is Gator. You killed my Sorcerer's Hat. Prepare to die.

DL 2-17,8-17, 11-17; DL 2016; DL 11-2015; DL-DL-Hotel 2-2015; DL 2014; DL-Paradise Pier 2013; POFQ Dec 2012; CSR - Jan 2011; AKL-Kidani - Jan 2010; A.S.Mov - Dec 2008; CSR - Dec 2006; DL Feb 2006; CBR - Feb 2004; POR - Jun 2002

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy

We'll miss the show!
    șoș David, Lisa, Aaron and Allison
    98-PO
    00-CB & ASMo
    01-Swan
    02-CS
    03-POR
    04-POP
    05-PO / CR
    07-PO / CR
    08-ASMu
    09-AKL
    10-CR, CS & PP DL
    11-NB DLP & SSR
    12-BLT & BLT
    13-GC DL & BLT
    15-Aulani & BLT
    16-ASMu & GC DL
    17-BWI, THV, CSR, BLT
    18-BLT, OKW, OKW, CBR, GF & BLT

Post Thanks / Like

it's to bad, it was a nice show for kids.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: