Quantcast Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince (Opens 7/15/09)

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince (Opens 7/15/09)

USA Today has some great shots of the kids on their site from earlier this month. I can't wait for this movie, although I will be crying over this and 7 (I cried over Cedric Diggory!) The kids have really grown up and look great. I was also reading that they are really working on the Universal Wizarding World and the Chef at Mythos wants to do a Feast type thing like they do in the HP movies. #6 will be the first HP movie where I've finished the book prior to seeing the movie.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for the info. I loved the books and the movies. I can not wait to see the last movie. I just wish there was more books to read. I am with you. This last movie will make me cry.
    Walt will always be my HERO.

1973 - 1999 Disneyland twice a month
    2003 June offsite WDW
    2004 & 2006 Dec. AK
    2007 Feb. PP Disneyland
    2008 Jan. All Star Movies
    2009 Jun. DLH Disneyland

Post Thanks / Like

I love the Harry Potter series too. I heard that the last book (Deathly Hallows) would be made into two movies rather than trying to condense it into one. Have you heard this too or is it just a rumor?

I will also be one of the people crying in the theatre audience during the last one.

Post Thanks / Like

Have you heard this too or is it just a rumor?
    Unfortunately, it's true. They didn't want to miss out on any plot points so they spilt it into two movies instead. It's wierd too because I felt like this last book was my least favorite. However, I'm very excited to see #6 because it was my favorite book.
    Carribean Beach '95
    Wilderness Lodge '96 '97 '98
    All Star Music '00 '01 '04
    Off-site '03
    All Star Movie '05 '06
    All Star Music 07'
    Pop Century with DBF Sep 08'
    Pop Century with family March 09'

Next trip: Disney and Universal Studios April 2015!

PINK!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pink View Post
    Unfortunately, it's true. They didn't want to miss out on any plot points so they spilt it into two movies instead. It's wierd too because I felt like this last book was my least favorite. However, I'm very excited to see #6 because it was my favorite book.
    Funny how everyone has different tastes! Half Blood Prince was my LEAST favorite, I just found it a lot slower than the others. Deathly Hallows however was my favorite and I'm glad it's being split in half because it is so detailed.
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

Funny how everyone has different tastes! Half Blood Prince was my LEAST favorite, I just found it a lot slower than the others. Deathly Hallows however was my favorite and I'm glad it's being split in half because it is so detailed.
    That's funny, I think I was so sour about the last one because I knew there wasn't going to be another. I hope she starts writing again, if it it's not HP.
    Carribean Beach '95
    Off-site '03
    All Star Movie '05 '06
    All Star Music 07'

PINK!

Post Thanks / Like

I like the fact that Deathly Hollows will be 2 movies. I just told DH and he wasn't so thrilled, but for me, it just means more to watch and look forward to. We both loved the last book. We had 2 copies and were reading at the same time, but I finished before him b/c I get summers off.
    "That’s the real trouble with the world, too many people grow up." ~Walt Disney

Disneyland 1987
    WDW 1992
    POFQ 6/25/01-7/1/01
    POP 6/26/06-7/1/06
    POP 8/4/08-8/9/08
    POR 8/5/09-8/12/09
    POR 10/27-10/31
    Next Trip- POR 6/23-6/28

Post Thanks / Like

Default Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince

The new teaser trailer just came out tonight for HP&HBP--you can see it on AOL or MSN right now. Has anyone else seen it yet! I am so excited for this movie to come out. For me, Harry Potter is right up there with Disney World!

They didn't show Horace Slughorn at all in the trailer, but I've seen photos from the movie and I'm not too sure that he looks the part. But alas, judging by the trailer, the rest of the movie looks to be great!
    °O° Ria°O°

"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." ~Walt Disney

First trip: 11/05-Pop
    Next trip(s): 9/12-CSR, 10/12-ASM & Swan,
    11/12-Swan & YC
    Pop x 4
    CBR x 1
    POFQ x 2
    Poly x 1
    WL x 1
    AKL x 2
    SOG x 3

Post Thanks / Like

In that trailer, the young tom looks and acts the part so very well and creepy. This looks to be awesome.
    ŴĐŴ∫âňăŧĭć aka David ºoº

Post Thanks / Like

This is just a teaser trailer....wait until the full one hits!
    One little spark of inspiration, is at the heart of all creation.
    - Dreamfinder

July 1976 - offsite
    June 1988 - offsite

June 1991 - Disney's Village Resort
    June 1993 - Dixie Landings

June 2001 - offsite

APRIL 2009 - PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE
    Dec 2010 - Somewhere in the World, probably POP

Post Thanks / Like

I can't wait to see it!
    Cruises:
    Feb 12-16, 2012 (Dream), Oct 20-27, 2012 (Fantasy Eastern), Sept 8-12, 2013 (Dream) Jan 20-24, 2014 (Magic) Sept 14-18, 2015 (Dream) Sept 25-29, 2017 (Dream) Sept 22-29, 2018 (Fantasy Eastern) Sept 23-27, 2019 (Dream)

Post Thanks / Like

It looks fantastic so far!! That kid is perfect as a young TV! He reminds me of Damien from The Omen. You can read who all has been cast. Very interesting, they offered a part in DH to Lourdes, Madonna's daughter, but M wouldn't let her do it! I wonder who will be cast as the Voldy's parents in the 7th movies??

Post Thanks / Like

OMG, i just watched the teaser trailer and i got chills! I can't wait for a full trailer, let alone the movie in November!!

Amanda

Next Visit:
    August 16-23, 2014: CBR

Virginia Tech
    HOKIES

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TiggeRia View Post
    For me, Harry Potter is right up there with Disney World!
    Ditto!! As soon as I found out the date for the movie release, I added it to the calendar. I saw the trailer last night, and that got me even more excited about seeing it. I love the HP movies and books so much, I have taken the day off of work before so I could see them or buy them on opening day. As soon as I finish reading "The Last Lecture", I am going to reread (for the 3rd time) the entire book series.
    Rhonda

Trips to WDW: Priceless

Impossible is not a word.

Post Thanks / Like

I have to admit I was very leery of the 6th movie. After reading the book I was not sure how they could possibly make it into a movie..but judging from the trailer it looks amazing! I hipe the rest of the movie lives up to the trailer! I don't know about anyone else but I am in serious Harry withdrawals!
    michelle

Post Thanks / Like

Default Harry Potter 6- not until the summer

They've just announced that the sixth Harry Potter movie won't be released until the July 2009. They say it's because of the writers stike and the movie is no where near completion right now.
    Carribean Beach '95
    Off-site '03
    All Star Movie '05 '06
    All Star Music 07'

PINK!

Post Thanks / Like

Poof! Next `Harry Potter' flick moves to summer
    By DAVID GERMAIN, AP Movie Writer
    1 hour, 49 minutes ago

LOS ANGELES - It's summer school for Harry Potter.
    "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince," the sixth installment in the blockbuster film franchise about boy wizard Harry, is moving from its planned Nov. 21 release to July 17, 2009, distributor Warner Bros. said Thursday.

The move was made to take advantage of an open weekend in Hollywood's busy summer season, said Alan Horn, Warner Bros. president and chief operating officer. The film had been on schedule, and the change was not due to any production snags, he said.

"The picture is completely, absolutely, 100 percent on schedule, on time. There were no delays," Horn told The Associated Press. "I've seen the movie. It is fabulous. We would have been perfectly able to have it out in November."

The switch will mean a two-year lag between the film adaptations of books five and six in J.K. Rowling's fantasy series. But it will shorten fans' wait between "Half-Blood Prince" and the final two installments, which are being shot simultaneously next year.

Based on book seven, "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows," the last two movies are due out in close order, in November 2010 and summer 2011. Horn said the later release of "Half-Blood Prince" will not affect the schedule for the final two movies.

Horn said the studio has had success with past summer "Harry Potter" releases, including the fifth movie, which was released in 2007 and became the second-highest grossing in the franchise.

The recent Writers Guild of America strike also had affected Hollywood's lineup in next summer, leaving a key date open for Warner to slot in "Half-Blood Prince," Horn said.

The July 17 release will be over the same weekend that Warner debuted this year's blockbuster "The Dark Knight," which had a record-breaking opening weekend and is on its way to $500 million domestically and the No. 2 spot on the all-time box-office charts behind "Titanic."

"Half-Blood Prince" finds Harry (Daniel Radcliffe) returning to his wizard classes with a clandestine assignment to root out dark secrets about the early years of his archenemy, the dark Lord Voldemort.

The film is directed by David Yates, who made the fifth movie and also is shooting the final two.

Last February, another big Hollywood film, Paramount's "Star Trek," was bumped from a December release to May 8, 2009. Paramount executives said that move also was intended to take advantage of an open weekend in the summer lineup.

Dean
    Twitter = DVC5571

Apr 04--First trip ever--30th Birthday Present
    Dec 05--Off Site (Honeymoon)
    Oct 07-- On Stie POP
    Feb 09-- Off Site -AK day trip
    Sept 10 -- Onsite -Coronodo Springs

Member of the Tommorowland Metro-Retro Historical Society

Post Thanks / Like

I didn't want to believe it when I first read what you wrote! I've been waiting and waiting for this movie for ages. I don't buy that writer's strike reason they're giving. Why would they have released the trailer announcing a November release? You can't tell me that just two weeks ago they didn't know the writer's strike was going to affect them this badly-I was under the impression that filming had ended quite awhile ago. Plus they released the world wide release dates (11/21 for US) on August 9th. And to release it 9 months after originally announced?!

Either they had something catastrophic happen in production unrelated to the writers strike, or this is completely money driven.

Either way, I am quite angry about this--they had better come out with a better reasoning that the one provided.
    °O° Ria°O°

"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." ~Walt Disney

11/12-Swan & YC
    Pop x 4
    CBR x 1
    POFQ x 2
    Poly x 1
    WL x 1
    AKL x 2
    SOG x 3

Post Thanks / Like

Stitch8818--I just read the article you posted--so it is a money driven decision. I think it's terrible that they've been stringing on their fans for months saying it was going to be released in November and then just to change it to attempt to make more money. Like it wouldn't have made enough money if it came out at Thanksgiving....
    °O° Ria°O°

11/12-Swan & YC
    Pop x 4
    CBR x 1
    POFQ x 2
    Poly x 1
    WL x 1
    AKL x 2
    SOG x 3

Post Thanks / Like

I was so sad when I read that! I hardly ever have time to go to a movie, and I was SOOOOOOO looking forward to going to that one. Well, I guess the bright side is that they'll have that much MORE time now to make the movie even more incredible!! (I'm still bummed though!)

*Disneyland Paris Hotel
    *Grand Floridian
    *Disneyland Hotel
    *Boardwalk Inn *Bay Lake Tower
    *Contemporary *Old Key West
    *Polynesian Resort *Animal Kingdom Lodge
    * Port Orleans French Quarter
    * Fort Wilderness
    *Art of Animation * Pop Century
    * All Star Movies, Music & Sports

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media: