Quantcast Pirate Themed Rooms coming to Caribbean Beach & Changes to Dining Plan in 2009 - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Has anyone had a confirmation from disney about the NEMO themeing to some of the CBR rooms? I am getting nothing but conflicting info and am getting frustrated. CBR (when I called them tonight) said that the picture of the rooms that is on disneyworld.com is what the rooms look like and if you look at the picture, it is the same that it had been before these rumors started. So what is going on?!
    °O° Cassandra °O°

Beach Club 4/07
    Caribbean Beach 2/09

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

hmmm...I love the idea, but I don't like the concept art. I can think of some better ideas (or improvment) to the pirate rooms. I just think it is kind of plain and boring

Imagineering: contact me LOL!

Dec 27- Best of Both Worlds Tour, Hannah Montana & Miley Cyrus with Jonas Brothers
    Mar 21- Look Me In The Eyes Tour, Jonas Brothers with Rooney
    Aug 27- Burnin' Up Tour, Jonas Brothers with Demi Lovato, The Veronicas, and BIG ROB!

march 09 SENIOR TRIP

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBabies View Post
    Has anyone had a confirmation from disney about the NEMO themeing to some of the CBR rooms? I am getting nothing but conflicting info and am getting frustrated. CBR (when I called them tonight) said that the picture of the rooms that is on disneyworld.com is what the rooms look like and if you look at the picture, it is the same that it had been before these rumors started. So what is going on?!
    I have seen pictures of the new Nemo rooms. A member of another discussion board took pictures threw the window of the new rooms. According to her the entire building 24 ( I think) has been completed and is now being used. I beleive she said that they are now working on building 25. It does appear that the preferred rooms will be the first to get the new items. Rumor has it that once all the Nemo rooms are done they will then do the pirate themed rooms, which are supposed to be located in Trinidad South. From what I have read all rooms will be Nemo with the exception of the pirate rooms located in Trinidad South. Hope this helps.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SurferStitch View Post
    Gee....

Jim Hill was right....

Looks pretty cool.

I was curious and had to check out the JH site....It basically says that the majority of rooms at CBR are being converted to the Finding Nemo theme. The remaining rooms in Trinidad South will be converted to Family Suites with a Pirates theme.
    Lea-Ann
    The Creative Mind that Never Rests . . .

Dreaming of Disney.......
    Last Trip - Dec 14-21, 2012 AKL!!! Next Trip - TBA!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Hmm. I wonder if they will be renaming the CBR once the rehabs are complete. Did I understand correctly that no rooms will remain "beach" themed?

PS- Private groups have been selling CBR furniture on craigslist here. I almost bought a mini fridge and the cabinet in comes in.
    Tina

Life is a prize, live every minute...

Disney World x 100+
    Disney Land x 1
    Disney Land Paris x 2

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

ºoº David, Lisa, Aaron and Allison
    98-PO
    00-CB & ASMo
    01-Swan
    02-CS
    03-POR
    04-POP
    05-PO / CR
    07-PO / CR
    08-ASMu
    09-AKL
    10-CR, CS & PP DL
    11-NB DLP & SSR
    12-BLT & BLT
    13-GC DL & BLT
    15-Aulani & BLT
    16-ASMu & GC DL
    17-BWI, THV, CSR, BLT
    18-BLT, OKW, OKW, CBR, GF & BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Although the Pirate room would be cool, especially if you have kids with you, I wouldn't want to stay way out in Trinidad South. Why would they choose the farthest village out to do this? I hope they don't get rid of the island theme in the rooms altogether. That is what CBR is. I don't really think Nemo fits that and would rather some of the rooms stay with the theme they have now. Why change the whole resort when it is working? I loved our room last August. It felt so peaceful!
    I DO believe in fairies, I DO, I DO!

1977-2007 various resorts
    August 2007 CBR
    August 2009 Poly
    2010 July/August Ply
    2012 July BC & Christmas ASM
    2014 Sept BC
    2015 Sept BC Oct CS
    2016 May FQ Oct GF
    2017 Nov YC

Post Thanks / Like

So, am I the only person equally as excited about getting 30 minutes of arcade games...

Post Thanks / Like

Its about time the rooms got a refurb...they were looking rough.
    1999 -2005 Former CM at Space Mtn and Caricature artist at AK and Resorts
    Jan 06 BC/Cruise/ASM
    Sept 06 Pop
    April 07 Pop
    Dec. 07 Caribbean Beach
    Aug 09 Pop
    May 10 Pop
    Jan 12 - Dolphin - WDW Half Marathon 1:44:45
    Sept 12 - ToT run and MNSSHP - Pop

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tss22 View Post
    Just a random thought to throw out, but it seems this new "basic" dining plan is being introduced so it can be used as the new giveaway so that next september they don't have the massive reservation problems for table service restaurants...
    Even if this is the case, free is still free. I'd take it.

Quote Originally Posted by Stich8818 View Post
    So this is cool and all..But I already have questions about the dining...Like..Is this a seperate plan?...or can it be added into the original dp?...Are they going to inlcude the refillable mug with the original ddp?....There needs to be some clarification here people
    It looks like there are now going to be three options for when you book "A dining plan". You will be asked which option you want, basic, regular, or deluxe. Adding a refillable mug to the original dining plan will be answered when the new packages come out in August. Unless Disney makes another announcement beforehand.
    May your lines be short; the magic be plenty; and may you always remember to gather your belongings before exiting your vacation.

And many others ongoing....
    Poly/AKL Dec '09
    CSR: Dec '02
    WL: Dec '01
    WL: Oct '00
    BW: Oct '99
    Offsite(blech): '93

Post Thanks / Like

We've never been to the CBR. I was interested in the pool rehab, but if they really do put in FAMILY SUITES we will definitely be planning a second trip either late 2009 or early 2010, even if it's only for a long weekend
    It would be awesome if Disney is really creating more room options for larger families.
    Stacey

1972 Disneyland
    1986 WDW Off Site
    1994 POFQ
    1995 Disneyland
    1996 Wilderness Lodge
    1997 ASMovies
    1998 ASSports
    1999 ASMusic
    2001 ASMovies
    2005 Wilderness Lodge
    2004-2007 Florida AP Holders
    2009 - SSR!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by disney99 View Post
    So, am I the only person equally as excited about getting 30 minutes of arcade games...
    I'd be more exited if there were better games in some of the arcades. ("Better" of course, means "ones I like more". )

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrsAndre View Post
    We've never been to the CBR. I was interested in the pool rehab, but if they really do put in FAMILY SUITES we will definitely be planning a second trip either late 2009 or early 2010, even if it's only for a long weekend
    It would be awesome if Disney is really creating more room options for larger families.
    Yes, Disney definitely needs more options for larger families
    Lea-Ann
    The Creative Mind that Never Rests . . .

Dreaming of Disney.......
    Last Trip - Dec 14-21, 2012 AKL!!! Next Trip - TBA!!!

Post Thanks / Like

DS would LOVE a pirate room. We'll have to check it out! I really had never considered staying at CBR due to a friend's less than stellar trip. But refurbed rooms should be nice.

The CS dining plan might work better for us, as well. I like the idea of the plan, but not all the ADRs. We don't want to be that scheduled.

Post Thanks / Like

That will be so cool.
    * stayed at more then once
    Yacht Club, POR, POFQ,CSR,All Star Sports*,
    CBR,Pop Century*,CR,WL,FortWilderness* Animal Kingdom lodge,All Star Music*.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrsAndre View Post
    Especially since we are soon to be a family of 6!!! Next year the GF won't work for us. I can't imagine paying for two rooms.

I am not a big fan of CBR but the improvements certainly make it a bit more enticing. I'm glad to see the pirates theme. A bit more for the boys. As a mother of 3 DDs (not sure what #4 is going to be yet) it really does not impact me much but I feel a bit for the parents of boys.

Yo-ho Yo-ho a pirates vacation it'll be!
    "All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them." - Walt Disney

"Too many people grow up. That 's the trouble with the world, too many people grow up." - Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

That is awesome. Is Trinidad South going to be a testing ground before it moves to other islands? I wonder if they'll change the Shutters restaurant to reflect the new theming, too?

Are these renovations taking place soon?
    DW of lotrfan
    Offsite - '81-'86
    DL - '89, '97, '05
    POFQ - '94, '95
    FW - '96
    POR - '98, '01
    CBR - '08 (Honeymoon)
    AsMo - '09 (Princess 5K & 1st Anniversary)
    DCL - Dec. '11 (30th b-day gift)

Post Thanks / Like

Wow! Very cool! We'd love to stay in a room like that for at least a night or 2.

I'm a little confused about the dining changes though. The deluxe dining plan already includes (basically) what their offering with the changes. You get 3 meals, any combination of CS and TS you'd like, 2 snacks per person per day, and a refillable mug per person. Are they doing away with the deluxe plan and modifying the basic plan or is the base MYW ticket going to automatically include the 2 cs meals, 2 snacks and a mug?

We'll be in WDW January 2nd - 10th and will have the deluxe dining plan. It's the first time we've used any dining plan. I hope we don't have big mess if they have to change the system.
    Melissa

4/87 offsite, 3/05 AKL, 10/06 WL, 3/08 GF, 1/09 WL, 3/09 Poly, 10/09 SSR, 1/10 AKV, 10/10 BLT, 12/10 AKV, 2/11 Poly, 5/11 BCV, 10/11 BLT, 12/11 WL, 5/12 1st Cruise on the Dream & BWV, 10/12 BLT!

"...That's the real trouble with the world, too many people grow up." Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

That sounds cool to me.
    ~Beth~
    1st trip Nov. 24, 2006-ASmovies (4nights)
    Nov. 25, 2007-ASMovies (6 nights)
    Sept. 6, 2008-ASMovies (6 nights)
    Nov. 28, 2009 ASMovies (7nights)
    Nov 28, 2015 AOA (7 nights)
    December 10, 2016 AKL/Pop (7nights)
    Nov. 25, 2017 AsMusic (8 Nights)
    Next Trip March 4 AsSports (4 nights)

Post Thanks / Like

I'm looking forward to some clarification on the new basic dining plan when Disney announces the plans for 2009. I like the sound of this new plan, although we really prefer our character meals.

It would be GREAT if the pirate theme rooms were suites! I showed DS's the pics, and they'd love to stay in something like that, but w/ our family of 5 (hopefully 6 before long), there's no way we're doing 2 rooms.
    "That’s the real trouble with the world, too many people grow up." ~Walt Disney

Disneyland 1987
    WDW 1992
    POFQ 6/25/01-7/1/01
    POP 6/26/06-7/1/06
    POP 8/4/08-8/9/08
    POR 8/5/09-8/12/09
    POR 10/27-10/31
    Next Trip- POR 6/23-6/28

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: