Quantcast Just Questions: Extreme Resort Makeover.

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 50 12311 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Just Questions: Extreme Resort Makeover.

........Pogo's place.

Pogo's had some rain problems and things are behind schedule on the resort project, so lets all pile out and help get it straightened up.

Who brought the sledge hammers?
    Former watcher of the original b&w Mouseketeers.

Honeymooned in WDW in '76. Devoted husband and WDW fanatic (in that order :-) ) since then.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

You rang? I'm not sure about sledgehammers but I think we have some powertools somewhere.

I could supply coffe though.
    Natalie
    Feb 2001 off site Jan 2002 All star movies Dec 2002 All star sports jan-04 Poly Nov 2004 pofq Nov 2005 Pors Mar 06 at PORS CBR Dec 2006 POR sept 21-30 2007 oct 2008 poly and akl, dec 2008 pop and VWL

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Perfect!! I've got a wheelbarrow and shovels, maybe Dan can get a cement truck.... oh, and of course --- I've got the rum!!!

(What else could we possibly need??)

Mornin', everyone!!
    Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -
    May '17 DL OR June '17 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

I've got two little girls who can be fairly destructive... although I'm sure it's not in the way you need. They can turn a clean house upside down in 20 minutes flat.

It was a restless night at our house... my DD5 slept with me because of the thunderstorms... and then my DD3 woke up at 6am and whined for 20 minutes.

On another note, we found out who my DD5's teacher is going to be for kindergarten! I can't believe in a matter of weeks she'll be going to school.

Blythe -- rum? This early in the morning?
    Many trips from childhood to 2008, WDW/DLP
    8/09: Ultimate Adventurer Trip, WL Concierge/AKL
    6/10: POFQ
    12/10: Mousefan Reunion (Pop)
    8/11, 7/12: AKL Concierge
    10/12: ICOT 15th solo trip (Pop)
    4/13: Pop
    7/13: Hilton Bonnet Creek
    7/14: 3 nights at BLT
    12/14: US, IOA, and WDW

pogo Guest

WHAT ?????????

Post Thanks / Like

OOOHH!! Carol & I can bring scissors and glue sticks, and she can bring her sewing machine too (Just volunteering you Carol!) I figure that can all be good for something, wallpapering, making curtains.....

Yes, my boys would be great for demo too Brandon starts Kindergarten in Sept as well, time flies!

Well, I am having lunch with friends today - just me, no kids - they will be with Grandma. Oh how I am looking forward to getting out!

Now, whats for breakfast everyone, beside Blythe bringing the rum? I've heard of a liquid lunch, but a liquid breakfast?! I have some leftover toast crusts.
    Lea-Ann
    The Creative Mind that Never Rests . . .

Dreaming of Disney.......
    Last Trip - Dec 14-21, 2012 AKL!!! Next Trip - TBA!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Yay! A new thread! I gave up on the last one, so I'll attempt to keep up (better, at least) with this one. Did anyone notice I was missing from the last thread?
    Disney World: 10/92 Yacht Club, 11/96 Disney Institute, 12/00 Yacht Club, 6/05 Beach Club, 8/06 Shades of Green, 8/07 Caribbean Beach Resort, 10/07 Coronado Springs, 12/08 French Quarter, 3/10 All Star Sports, 4/12 Port Orleans Riverside

Disneyland: 1987, 1997, 2002, 2008, 2010, 2013

pogo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Flower View Post
    Well, I am having lunch with friends today - just me, no kids - they will be with Grandma. Oh how I am looking forward to getting out!

Now, whats for breakfast everyone, beside Blythe bringing the rum? I've heard of a liquid lunch, but a liquid breakfast?! I have some leftover toast crusts.
    Friends ? You have friends ???? I thought you knew Caroleh ???? And you have friends ??

You've got to know Blythe to love her..... yes she has a drinking problem.... I've witnesses it first hand. (so does Kate) They've both had to call in sick because of it !
    Quote Originally Posted by BronxTigger View Post
    Yay! A new thread! I gave up on the last one, so I'll attempt to keep up (better, at least) with this one. Did anyone notice I was missing from the last thread?
    I noticed..... you were missed, but I knew you were alright because of some of Ellen's posts. Welcome back !

Post Thanks / Like

Am I in time for the demo party?
    Originally Posted by TikiGoddess
    Never too early for the rum.
    Alex

4/1976 - offsite,4/1983 - offsite,5/1999 - CaribBeach,5/2000 - CaribBeach,
    11/2001 - Coronado,7/2003 - AKL, 8/2004 - POFQ, 8/2005 - Poly, 8/2006 - Grand Flo,10/2007 - POFQ, 8/2008 - Wilderness Lodge, 8/2009 - POR, 8/2010 - CaribBeach, 8/2011 - Coronado, 8/2012 -Coronado, 8/2014 - Coronado

Post Thanks / Like

See?? What did I say in the last thread? I told you you guys would have a new thread by the time I got back! Oh well... guess I'm just behind.

But just in time to help out with the redesign.

As the house architect, I will be the keeper of the plans and the bar. Blythe, give me the rum honey, I'll make sure it stays safe and out of harms way.

So who needs a drink? And where are we starting?

MickeysGirl aka: Jamie
    Mrs_Nigel_C at your service! :)

And they lived happily ever after....

Post Thanks / Like

OK, whew I made it! But barely, did you see that?

Quote Originally Posted by pogo View Post
    You've got to know Blythe to love her..... yes she has a drinking problem.... I've witnesses it first hand. (so does Kate) They've both had to call in sick because of it !
    And like you didn't encourage her, shame on you Pogo!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by alpro2 View Post

Alex, is that Billy Ray Cyrus' legs in your picture?

Ok, just a quick zoop into the new thread and I'm off for the day!! Our last patient cancelled so it will be an early day for all of us!! WOO HOO!! Talk to you all later
    Sarah

Next Trips:
    09/08 - CBR
    12/08 - BC

The Kids: Nala, Scooter, Pinto, Minnie, Daisy, Dory, and George

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TikiGoddess View Post
    I've got two little girls who can be fairly destructive... although I'm sure it's not in the way you need. They can turn a clean house upside down in 20 minutes flat.

On another note, we found out who my DD5's teacher is going to be for kindergarten! I can't believe in a matter of weeks she'll be going to school.

Isn't it amazing what two little persons can do to a house?? I pretty much give up my house to the mess for the summer... and it's worse this year, as we've had so little "get out of the house for the beach/park, etc." weather!! They do have to periodically pick it all up, but boy oh boy -- does it look they never did it in no time flat!!

I remember that feeling... time just goes by too fast!! We're still waiting for our lists... but we still went & got school supplies yesterday, as I hate trying to do it at the last minute when everything's gone.

Is it every too early for rum?? Remember who I'm married to....

WHAT ?????????
    Wow... shortest post ever. Are you speechless? (or just scared?? )

Quote Originally Posted by Flower View Post

Now, whats for breakfast everyone, beside Blythe bringing the rum? I've heard of a liquid lunch, but a liquid breakfast?!
    Have fun!!

Now, who mentioned rum for breakfast? I didn't... I just said I'd bring it. What do you normally have in the morning???

We absolutely did -- glad to see you're back with us!!

You've got to know Blythe to love her..... yes she has a drinking problem.... I've witnesses it first hand. (so does Kate)

They've both had to call in sick because of it !
    And I'll be the first to admit it, I do have a drinking problem... mostly, it's coffee... WAY too much of that stuff... then it's water... sends me running more often than I'd like... not much of a soda person, honestly, but next in line I guess it'd be and the "fun" stuff... yup, if it's liquid, I'll drink it!!

Not!!

That's my guy...
    Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by drummerboy View Post
    ........Pogo's place.

Pogo's had some rain problems and things are behind schedule on the resort project, so lets all pile out and help get it straightened up.

Who brought the sledge hammers?
    i've got my electric screwdriver and my belt sander. pogo, are you afraid of women with power tools?

i resemble that remark.

bring out the rum and root beer please.

raining again today. so much for cutting the grass, i watch it grow every day. the rain is very dreary, and the thunder has my dog glued to me. poor thing. theres only one thing to do on a day like today- think about disney. only 2months and 1 week until we go.

have a good morning all, lets get the demo started.
    kate
    Oct 07 POR
    Oct 08 ASMo
    Jan 09 ASMu
    SEP 09 ASMo
    DEC 09 CBR-solo trip
    Dec 10 Pop
    Oct 11 CS
    Oct 12 CSR, Dream
    Dec 12 POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Hi guys and gals! Woohoo...it's FRIDAY - it's 8/8/08 andddd we have a new thread - are we ready to party?

Of course - we missed ya! Welcome back. Sometimes it's so hard to keep up so I totally understand getting lost on the other ones!

I've got trays of cupcakes to keep everyone's tummies full during this extreme demolition. Vanilla with chocolate frosting and rainbow jimmies. Help yourselves!
    EMILY

Now approaching.......Mickey's Star Traders!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MickeysGirl View Post
    Blythe, give me the rum honey, I'll make sure it stays safe and out of harms way.

So who needs a drink? And where are we starting?

Hmmm.... me thinks that might not be the wisest idea...

... the rest of it, though??? You go, girl!!

Quote Originally Posted by MMouse6937 View Post

Ok, just a quick zoop into the new thread and I'm off for the day!! Our last patient cancelled so it will be an early day for all of us!! WOO HOO!! Talk to you all later.
    Exactly!! I distinctly remember that he was a wonderful host, and kept putting those (full) glasses in my hand...

Have a great short day -- nice way to end the week!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kisobel View Post
    i resemble that remark.

bring out the rum and root beer please.

raining again today. so much for cutting the grass, i watch it grow every day. the rain is very dreary, and the thunder has my dog glued to me. poor thing. theres only one thing to do on a day like today- think about disney. only 2months and 1 week until we go.

Not to mix, though, right?? not sure that sounds too good...

It's raining here, too... very hard right now!! It's so dark around here you'd think it was evening-time already. But - we're making the most of it - I've got lots of candles lit, the girls are cozied up watching one of my VERY favorite movies (Ever After) so it creates great backround "noise" for me... and we're making cookies afterwards... lobster shaped sugar cookies. Anyone want some when they're done???

And only 122 days 'til our trip -- but who's counting???

And a note to Jym from the last thread -- Alex's pictures are TOO cute... I can't decide who he looks more like!! Post more, please!!
    Blythe

Past trips -

Next -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dsnygirl View Post
    Not to mix, though, right?? not sure that sounds too good...

and we're making cookies afterwards... lobster shaped sugar cookies. Anyone want some when they're done???

And only 122 days 'til our trip -- but who's counting???
    yes to mix, don't knock it till you've tried it.
    cookies yeah and i remember from a few posts back -cupcakes. i'm off to start lunch. chicken soup anyone?

kate
    i'm not counting, so it must be you
    Oct 07 POR
    Oct 08 ASMo
    Jan 09 ASMu
    SEP 09 ASMo
    DEC 09 CBR-solo trip
    Dec 10 Pop
    Oct 11 CS
    Oct 12 CSR, Dream
    Dec 12 POFQ

pogo Guest

Who me ?? Encourage drinking ??
    Now, who mentioned rum for breakfast? I didn't... I just said I'd bring it.

I'll be the first to admit it, I do have a drinking problem.
    There's the evidence !
    i've got my electric screwdriver and my belt sander. pogo, are you afraid of women with power tools?
    Not when I have my magic tape measure in my hand !

As the house architect, I will be the keeper of the plans and the bar. Blythe, give me the rum honey, I'll make sure it stays safe and out of harms way.
    Hmmm.... me thinks that might not be the wisest idea...
    Oh boy...... FIGHT !

Exactly!! I distinctly remember that he was a wonderful host, and kept putting those (full) glasses in my hand.
    Thank you...... I spent so much time mixing, I hardly had time to swim.

OK..... it started to rain and the crew left. Then it stopped raining. Do you think they will come back ????

Post Thanks / Like

yes to mix, don't knock it till you've tried it.

i'm not counting, so it must be you
    Okay, okay.... where do you think they'll mix me one in January???

You? Not counting???

Who me ?? Encourage drinking ??

Thank you...... I spent so much time mixing, I hardly had time to swim.

OK..... it started to rain and the crew left. Then it stopped raining. Do you think they will come back ????

That's not quite how my girls remember it...

Nope... have you looked at the radar lately?? I think I'd better go build an ark....

Well, the dough is chilling in the fridge and I'm off to continue our "Horseopoly" game... so far I've managed to keep the banker from taking all my money....
    Blythe

Past trips -

Next -

Post Thanks / Like

WHAT ?????????
    Oh come on you know you want us to come and demo, right? Please huh huh huh.

I can vouch for that one. Hey Jamie! Welcome back

Ok, just a quick zoop into the new thread and I'm off for the day!! Our last patient cancelled so it will be an early day for all of us!! WOO HOO!! Talk to you all later
    Enjoy your day, Sarah!

Everyone else, catch you later too. Going to go and get ready for another short day at the joint. Then my 4 day weekend starts back up again.
    Mary

Been there, done that, definitely going back!

Post Thanks / Like

Cool, are we demolish.....I mean renovating Pogo's place? Is Stitch on the backhoe?

Dig right over there little blue buddy! Yeah, he said he wanted the sand trap right in the middle of the living room, right?
    Scott
    2 visits as a child
    6/97, 6/01, 6/04: All-Star Sports
    12/05, 6/08: Pop Century
    May-June/10: Animal Kingdom Lodge
    5/11: All-Star Sports 1 night Epcot Flower & Garden
    May 2013 POFQ (25th anniversary!)

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: