Quantcast Just Questions: Extreme Resort Makeover. - Page 22

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 22 of 50 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Good morning everyone!
    Just wanted to pop in and tell everyone hello and send to all that need it.
    There is no way I have time to read through 21 pages....

I have been crazy busy lately. We went on our cruise and had a wonderful time, but my dear frien Richard passed away while I was gone. Since we were routed through Mobile and bussed back to New Orleans I could not even get back in town in time to make it to the funeral. It was a sad ending to a wonderful family vacation.

I have been working crazy hours and trying to get back in my exercise routine. Do you know how painful it is to start working out with weights after skipping the gym for about 4 weeks??? Someone should have told me to start with a lighter weight.
    I felt great working out, but 3 days later I am still paying for it.

Taylor has started school as a freshman. I can't believe my little girl is growing up so fast. She made the elite dance team again this year but we will not be going to Disney for Nationals. Guess where we are going? San Antonio. It is a nice place, but I have loved the fact that Nationals gave me a reason to HAVE to go back to Disney World for an extra trip each year.
    It looks like she is going to make her school fastpitch team too. Since we did not make it to many of the practices over the summer we thought she was out. On her first day of school the softball coach came and got her out of PE and moved her to Softball PE. Taylor is a pitcher and is very accurate, but small. So, she does not have the strength to throw the ball as fast as she could. Do you know how to fix that? Work her little booty off with weight training... that is what her coach is doing. I am just happy that he sees something in her and is willing to work with her.

Anyway, I am headed out. I hope everyone has a great day and stays safe with that hurricane.
    Here is a couple of for all that need them.
    ~Angel~
    Proud DVC owners!
    SSR January 2007
    Bay Lake November 2008

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BronxTigger View Post
    I have a question....How in the world do you use PHOTOSHOP ELEMENTS?????
    I have photoshop CS... Let me know what you want to do if I can be any help. My dd taught me lots of tricks. How are you doing w/ it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Marilyn Michetti View Post
    MsMin So glad your dad is better. It's really hard to stand outside an ICU and just pray. God bless all the Dr.'s and nurses here, and everywhere.
    Also, MsMin I'm confused, (again). Did you say Rachel got her rabies shot, or is your dog going to be a nurse?
    Thanks, I know you understand what it's like w/ an aging parent dealing with your mom. My dad is only 77 but has been tough on his poor body w/ diabetes and 3 strokes.
    Yes, Rachel is taking her rabies series (no not the stomach one) $450 and no tag

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbellybutton View Post
    Beth! So happy to see you. You and your family have been in my thoughts frequently and of course you still remain at the top of my list for prayers. I'm glad to hear your dad survived that infection.
    We had a "skilled nursing" unit at Mid-Coast hospital when I worked there (they've since built a new hospital and the old one has been converted to skilled nursing "home" and Alzheimer's care) Anyway, that's beside the point. I worked on that unit for 3 years before transfering and doing terminal care (cancer, A.I.D.S, etc.)
    Thanks so much, It's so hard b/c the doc says he won't be able to go home yet he believes that if he works hard enough he can get the strength to go home
    I can see how anyone would burn out working with ICU. Last night I heard that the young man who was shot 3x's when someone stole his car passed away. His mom had already lost her other son. It was hard when I would get to the hosp. and see the staff crying out in the hall. Thanks again for your prayers.
    Quote Originally Posted by offwego View Post
    MsMin, I hope the new care works out for your Dad and things continue to improve.
    Thanks, I really appreciate it. It sure makes us all want to take better care of our bodies...

Quote Originally Posted by pogo View Post
    Life is a fragile thing. Never take it for granted. Enjoy every minute of it even if it is Monday.
    Thanks, it's been hard having to decide about the DNR and whether he would want dialysis etc. Time just flies... look it's already Tuesday.
    Can anyone out there help me think of something "cute" for my dd for when she gets her "coat" tomorrow? The colors are purple and gold. She has a Yorkie so something puppish maybe??
    Next
    DD, DS @ AKV Dec 12 SSR 12-16

AKV Savannah 8/08
    ASMu my BD 4/08 w/ Angel & MrsSgtT
    SSR 10/07 BWV-12/06
    Pop-05 04 03 1st Nighters
    OKW-97 96 Poly- 89 87 86 CR:72
    Offsite:8xs FW:83 82 82 DL 67,68,71

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MsMin View Post
    I have photoshop CS... Let me know what you want to do if I can be any help. My dd taught me lots of tricks. How are you doing w/ it?

Thanks, I know you understand what it's like w/ an aging parent dealing with your mom. My dad is only 77 but has been tough on his poor body w/ diabetes and 3 strokes.
    Yes, Rachel is taking her rabies series (no not the stomach one) $450 and no tag

Thanks so much, It's so hard b/c the doc says he won't be able to go home yet he believes that if he works hard enough he can get the strength to go home
    I can see how anyone would burn out working with ICU. Last night I heard that the young man who was shot 3x's when someone stole his car passed away. His mom had already lost her other son. It was hard when I would get to the hosp. and see the staff crying out in the hall. Thanks again for your prayers.

Thanks, I really appreciate it. It sure makes us all want to take better care of our bodies...

Thanks, it's been hard having to decide about the DNR and whether he would want dialysis etc. Time just flies... look it's already Tuesday.
    Can anyone out there help me think of something "cute" for my dd for when she gets her "coat" tomorrow? The colors are purple and gold. She has a Yorkie so something puppish maybe??

What is the "coat"? I remember the "pinning", but this is a new one. In the OLD DAYS, it was a cape and cap, but that's not done anymore, is it?
    REMEMBER WHO YOU ARE!!
    1998 Shades of Green
    1999, 2000,2001, Shades of Green
    2002 Contemporary - 2003 Contemporary - 2004, 2005,2006, Shades of Green
    Dec. 2007 First trip to Disneyland
    Dec. 2008 Shades of Green & JQ "meet"

Post Thanks / Like

**GOOD NEWS**

I FINALLY got ahold of the director (well, it feels like finally but it wasn't even 24 hours after I started calling LOL). I asked when I could come in to give him my portfolio and he said "anytime". I asked if I could register then too and he said "of course".

So I ask if he will be in tomorrow and he says no, but I can give it to his secretary and register through her. And I'm like "won't I need an appointment?" He says "no" and I said "but she told me I HAD to have one and there were none available". So then I ask if he was there today and he said yes so I'm going in now. Woot!

What is everybody else up to today?

Post Thanks / Like

Hello Everyone!

OK so I'm going to join in here and post too! So thanks for the dust, Angel. I sure do need it. I'm back to looking for another job all over again.......... I'm upset, but focusing more on the positive things and remaining hopeful something will come up.

70 days to go til my WDW trip!! WHOO HOO!!

Beth, how is your dad doing?

Do we always have to 'quote' someone when we post in here? I'm still learning the ropes of this thread
    M°o°nica

Prepare to Shake..Rattle & Roll!
    Freeway Construction Ahead Take Atl. Route.Traffic Jammed.Drive Safely Detour Ahead..get ready to ROCK! All lanes open.SO FLOOR IT! Car Pool lanes open..WIDE OPEN - RnRC

Next Up: Oct 28 - Nov 7th!

N' Awlin's girl born & raised

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wdwgrl377 View Post
    Do we always have to 'quote' someone when we post in here? I'm still learning the ropes of this thread
    Good afternoon gang, how is everybody?

Monica, no quotes are necessary, but at least one question in each post is. Does that help?

Angel, congrats to Taylor on the softball team!

for you in your job search, and more and for any that need it.
    Scott
    2 visits as a child
    6/97, 6/01, 6/04: All-Star Sports
    12/05, 6/08: Pop Century
    May-June/10: Animal Kingdom Lodge
    5/11: All-Star Sports 1 night Epcot Flower & Garden
    May 2013 POFQ (25th anniversary!)

Post Thanks / Like

I pretty quickly skimmed, so here's some to all that need it, and to everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Tink&Goofy View Post
    Hmmm....don't know if he's tried that, but ketchup goes with just about anything according to him.
    Are we married to the same guy?

Quote Originally Posted by Marilyn Michetti View Post
    IMHO, I say ditch the family and hide out someplace romantic. (Help me somebody - name someplace romantic).
    How about the Pogo & Patti resort?
    Rhonda

pogo Guest

Anybody want to see some photo's ???

Quote Originally Posted by MMouse6937 View Post
    Boy yesterday was a whopper. With Mike's grandma being so sick I thought that was all we were going to have to deal with. Then my parents have us up for what I thought was a social dinner where they proceed to let us know they're moving back home to Michigan! Yikes. I guess to most people it's not that big of a deal, and I guess this sounds kinda stupid but I've never lived away from my dad for more than six months. It's going to really be difficult for me. My dad, before I met Mike was my best friend. I can tell my dad anything, call him at any time for anything, and he's always be there for me. He's the one that told me I could be anything, do anything, achieve anything, and taught me to be the person I am today. Not being able to call him and see him on a moment's notice is going to really be hard for me especially now that he's getting older, something could happen and I wouldn't be there. It's not the end of the world, but it really stinks you know?
    I'm sorry Sarah, but you will still be able to call him. Call me anytime you need to talk, ok ?? Tell the "master" I said Hi.

Hi Beth, Angle and Monica.... glad to see you back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beast_fanatic View Post
    How about it... the East Wing Suite is available. Do you want all inclusive ???

Here's the photo's of the patio and walkway.

Got ot run.... bye.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey everyone...sorry for being MIA the past few weeks. to get you updated:

I leave Friday for Korea. I sprained my knee yesterday playing frisbee and had to go to the hospital (5 days before leaving the country AND without health insurance!). Disney was great, and I got on Toy Story 2 times! I saw a psychic Saturday who said really amazing things about my future and my move to Korea, and I went to NYC this weekend and was treated to Mary Poppins on broadway Saturday afternoon...needless to say, it was PRACTICALLY PERFECT (...in every way).

A reminder, I WILL have internet access in Korea, and I just bought a laptop today, so I will not dissapear into the ethos...hehehe. Hope everyone is doing well!!! Has anyone tried the new restaurant "The Wave" at Contemporary??? I heard it's really good.

Miss you all!
    ~Greg~
    18 trips to WDW!
    Next trip: Nov 14-18, 2013!

9 trips to Disneyland!
    Next trip: Dec 22-23, 2013

4 trips to Tokyo Disneyland!
    Next Trip: Dec 17-19, 2013

5 trips to Hong Kong Disneyland!
    Next Trip: ?

Post Thanks / Like

I do, but you have too many http's in there. Does that make sense?

Just a quick zoop to say hey and that I'm kind of busy getting ready to go off to Disney. But I did get my new 32 TV yesterday, it's so sweet. I'm a happy camper The Olympics look so much better now. Plus I have my TIVO back up and running too. Can tape now to my heart's content. Have a good one. If
    Mary

Been there, done that, definitely going back!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by grego77 View Post
    Hey everyone...sorry for being MIA the past few weeks. to get you updated:

I leave Friday for Korea. I sprained my knee yesterday playing frisbee and had to go to the hospital (5 days before leaving the country AND without health insurance!). Disney was great, and I got on Toy Story 2 times! I saw a psychic Saturday who said really amazing things about my future and my move to Korea, and I went to NYC this weekend and was treated to Mary Poppins on broadway Saturday afternoon...needless to say, it was PRACTICALLY PERFECT (...in every way).

A reminder, I WILL have internet access in Korea, and I just bought a laptop today, so I will not dissapear into the ethos...hehehe. Hope everyone is doing well!!! Has anyone tried the new restaurant "The Wave" at Contemporary??? I heard it's really good.

Miss you all!
    Oh man, I am so jealous of you! The Mary Poppins I mean, not the sprained knee!

I do hope the knee heals quickly so you can get busy exploring Korea as soon as you get settled in over there. So what is the time difference between Soul and New York City? Is it about 12 hours?

Good luck with everything!

Post Thanks / Like

Got ot run.... bye.
    Hey, Buddy, it looks great!!! If we're all coming over for a party, do you think you'll need a bigger seating area?
    Carol

May 14 ???
    Oct. 13 ???
    Oct. 12 DVC-OKW.
    Feb 12 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Oct. 11 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Feb. 11 AKL-Jambo
    Feb. 10 POFQ
    Dec. 09 POFQ
    Dec. 08--POFQ
    Oct. 08--POFQ
    Dec. 07--Wilderness Lodge,
    May 06--Grand Floridian

Post Thanks / Like

**GOOD NEWS**

I FINALLY got ahold of the director (well, it feels like finally but it wasn't even 24 hours after I started calling LOL). I asked when I could come in to give him my portfolio and he said "anytime". I asked if I could register then too and he said "of course".

So I ask if he will be in tomorrow and he says no, but I can give it to his secretary and register through her. And I'm like "won't I need an appointment?" He says "no" and I said "but she told me I HAD to have one and there were none available". So then I ask if he was there today and he said yes so I'm going in now. Woot!

What is everybody else up to today?

Congrats! Perseverance gets the gold ring.

Today, I'm moving back home. DD and DSIL are bringing my mom back - they're in the air as we speak. They surprised her by upgrading her to first class - she won't be fit to live with for a few days, but that was a really neat thing for them to do.

DD's dogs knew something was up when I started putting my things in the car. Do you think they're psychic? I KNOW our Chow is.

So now that you're registered, what happens next?
    REMEMBER WHO YOU ARE!!
    1998 Shades of Green

pogo Guest

Oops ! Want to try again ????

Look here.

Post Thanks / Like

NEAT!!

So this is what New York looks like? It's really pretty.
    REMEMBER WHO YOU ARE!!
    1998 Shades of Green

Post Thanks / Like

Is that like the Mickey and Minnie resort?

Anybody want to see some photo's ???

I'm sorry Sarah, but you will still be able to call him. Call me anytime you need to talk, ok ?? Tell the "master" I said Hi.

Hi Beth, Angle and Monica.... glad to see you back.

How about it... the East Wing Suite is available. Do you want all inclusive ???

Got ot run.... bye.
    Thanks for not leaving that link alone!

Look here.
    Much better ! and Nice work on the resort too!

Who wants some Chicken Pot Pie? It's homemade!
    first visIt: November 1973
    next planned visit: October, 2013 with friends
    resident Fairy Godmother

hearts are warmed when friends meet

see ya real soon

~*~*~*disneydeb*~*~*~

Post Thanks / Like

Don't you hate it when companies LIE?

I was home all day until 1pm. I'm expecting some books from amazon, and this morning they were "out on delivery". All morning I was keeping my eyes and ears out for the delivery person. Well, I get home from my errands and they're STILL NOT HERE. I go on amazon to track my order, and it says "DELIVERY ATTEMPTED" at 12:10. Um, NO IT WASN'T. I wanted to call up FedEx but DH said to wait. If they pull this stunt again tomorrow I will be calling them. And they didn't even leave one of those "we tried to deliver" slips...so yeah, they were never even at the building...

I did get my portfolio checked off and I did get registered (by the rude secretary...she's just as rude in person btw) but anyways now all I have to do is add to the portfolio for this last class and then I'm DONE!

Oh, and on the way to school I saw a guy walking down the street carrying $500 in quarters. Do you think he has a lot of laundry?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Caroleh View Post
    Hey, Buddy, it looks great!!! If we're all coming over for a party, do you think you'll need a bigger seating area?
    I think he needs a bigger pool for all of us. What do you think?

Look here.
    Hey, no worries. I actually checked them out before I wrote the post. Very nice, love the patio, and the brick work.
    Mary

Been there, done that, definitely going back!

Post Thanks / Like

Don't you hate it when companies LIE?

I was home all day until 1pm. I'm expecting some books from amazon, and this morning they were "out on delivery". All morning I was keeping my eyes and ears out for the delivery person. Well, I get home from my errands and they're STILL NOT HERE. I go on amazon to track my order, and it says "DELIVERY ATTEMPTED" at 12:10. Um, NO IT WASN'T. I wanted to call up FedEx but DH said to wait. If they pull this stunt again tomorrow I will be calling them. And they didn't even leave one of those "we tried to deliver" slips...so yeah, they were never even at the building...

I did get my portfolio checked off and I did get registered (by the rude secretary...she's just as rude in person btw) but anyways now all I have to do is add to the portfolio for this last class and then I'm DONE!
    I had a problem like that recently when tracking a package. I was told it had been delivered when it wasn't delivered yet.

Way to go with getting registered...did you thumb your nose to her?

A bigger pool, more seating, and, wait, I didn't see a Tiki bar....do you think he'll have to make that a lot bigger also?
    Carol

May 14 ???
    Oct. 13 ???
    Oct. 12 DVC-OKW.
    Feb 12 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Oct. 11 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Feb. 11 AKL-Jambo
    Feb. 10 POFQ
    Dec. 09 POFQ
    Dec. 08--POFQ
    Oct. 08--POFQ
    Dec. 07--Wilderness Lodge,
    May 06--Grand Floridian

Post Thanks / Like

Are we married to the same guy?
    Maybe they're related!

Look here.
    LOVE the patio and walkway! The brickwork makes it look so classy!
    Quote Originally Posted by Caroleh View Post
    A bigger pool, more seating, and, wait, I didn't see a Tiki bar....do you think he'll have to make that a lot bigger also?
    Yah, where's the tiki bar?

Page 22 of 50 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: