Quantcast Disney with big annoucement

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Disney with big annoucement

I read on screamscape the following about a big annoucement from disney:

Disney has sent a mystery invitation out to the media regarding a major new theme park related announcement they will be making on September 18th at noon, somewhere in New York City. As stated in the invitation, “You’re invited to join Disney Parks for a special announcement -- so big we’re bringing the news to New York.” The announcement gets a little strange here as it promotes “New, breakthrough insights about how American families travel will be shared by Peter Yesawich, Chairman & CEO, YPartnership, one of America’s leading travel trend-watchers. Following that, Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Chairman Jay Rasulo will unveil exciting plans for 2009--including a first in the history of the Walt Disney Company.”
    My gut instinct is to say that this event could include that long rumored post-Olympic announcement about the new Disney park project for China, in addition to whatever big celebration Disney has planned to roll out to both coasts for 2009. This could be that “Celebrate Today” rumor, though we’ve heard that the focus may be on Disney pushing the big family trip, reunion or large gathering concept once again as part of this.
    I also have to wonder if Disney might be ready to make some kind of announcement about that Premium Park concept in development for Walt Disney World, previously being called Disney’s Night Kingdom but has since been changed to Disney’s Jungle Trek. Anyone know more about what kind of rabbit Disney is going to pull out of the hat? Last time it was Oswald…

Don't know anything more then this but I thought maybe some one one here might have heard something. Also thought all the disney fans here would like to know about the annoucement.
    Here we go feel the flow its the universe of energy.

One little spark imagination, its how our minds create creation. Right at the start of everyting that's new one little spark light up for you.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

These announcements seldom turn out to be as exciting as the buildup makes them seem. Because they're doing it in NY, it makes me wonder if it involves the plan to develop themed resort areas in American cities away from parks. But maybe not. I really have no idea. I doubt it has to do with developing a new park at the WDW resort. I don't think they're near ready for that.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Most likely it's the announcement of their next marketing campaign along with a few attractions my guess is the Little Mermaid Attraction since Golden Dreams in DCA has already closed to start contruction and it is suppose ot open in DCA and the MK. I'm still not really sold on the premium park coming that soon especially with the state of the economy right now.
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Former VMK alias figgiefig
    Intercot Staff
    Disney Tech - Software, Games & Web
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

I think you're probably right with the China park and maybe the next celebration.

Although, I'm not sure how either of those would qualify as " ... a first in the history of the Walt Disney Company.”

Neither one is a first, really, I mean unless you count "opening a theme park in China" as a first. If so, that's kinda silly ... I mean by that approach, every time they open a theme park in a new country it's "a first"??
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe they're announcing the new theme park in Texas. Or was it Missouri... the Carolinas... No, now I remember, it was Perth Amboy NJ.
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scar View Post
    Maybe they're announcing the new theme park in Texas. Or was it Missouri... the Carolinas... No, now I remember, it was Perth Amboy NJ.
    no its between lincoln and omaha nebraska!
    Disneyland: many, MANY times!
    WDW:POR POFQ BWV WLV ASMu POLY

Am I a huge disney fan? YOU BETCHA! I blame it all on my parents! They are the one's that walked around Disneyland all day to induce labor! Yep, I've been going to Disneyland since the day before I was born!

SFTrny Guest

How DO families travel? Interesting...

I am betting on something related to DVC.

Post Thanks / Like

As many people that go from Jersey, they should build something here. Heck, just in the line to meet Minnie at MNSSHP we met 4 separate groups of people from Jersey. Plus the countless others throughout our trip.
    ºoº Joe ºoº
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Dolphin - May '99
    Pop - July '04
    ASMu - Sept '05
    Pop - Sept '06
    Pop - Sept '07
    Pop - Sept '08
    Pop - Sept '09
    Pop - Sept '10 HONEYMOON
    Pop - Sept '11
    Pop - Nov '12
    Pop NYE '13/'14
    NEXT TRIP - Pop - Nov 9th-16th '14

Post Thanks / Like

Some time ago Disney announced that they were going to bring the Disney experience to other areas through Disney themed hotels in cities throughout the US and ultimately beyond. My guess, given the statement about 'how families travel', is that they are announcing their first Disney themed hotel outside of a resort and building it in New York.
    26 years staying at the Polynesian
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday...
    Twenty six straight years staying at the Polynesian
    Next trip: October 2018

lockedoutlogic Guest

Quote Originally Posted by SHORTY View Post
    As many people that go from Jersey, they should build something here. Heck, just in the line to meet Minnie at MNSSHP we met 4 separate groups of people from Jersey. Plus the countless others throughout our trip.
    it's comforting to me at night to know that the other 49 states....

...are NOT new jersey

lockedoutlogic Guest

Oh...and as to the announcement.....

The Villas at Disney's Contemporary resort.....purchase your points now.....

...details at 11

and that's even IF their is any kind of announcement......i swear that i've heard about 20 rumors in the last 5 years of "major announcements that came and went with nothing....

Post Thanks / Like

How do families travel?

Lanley: Well, sir, there’s nothing on earth Like a genuine, bona fide, electrified, six-car Monorail! What’d I say?

Flanders: Monorail!

Lanley: What’s it called?

Patty & Selma: Monorail!

Lanley: That’s right! Monorail!

<the crowd chants “Monorail!”>

Miss Hoover: I hear those things are awfully loud…

Lanley: It glides as softly as a cloud.

Apu: Is there a chance the track could bend?

Lanley: Not on your life, my Hindu friend.

Barney: What about us brain-dead slobs?

Lanley: You’ll all be given cushy jobs.

Abe: Were you sent here by the devil?

Lanley: No, good sir, I’m on the level.

Wiggum: The ring came off my pudding can.

Lanley: Take my pen knife, my good man. I swear it’s Springfield’s only choice…Throw up your hands and raise your voice!

All: Monorail!

Lanley: What’s it called?

Lanley: Once again…

Marge: But Main Street’s still all cracked and broken…

Bart: Sorry, Mom, the mob has spoken!

All: Monorail! Monorail! Monorail!

Homer: Mono… D’oh!
    John - aka. The Master Control Program
    Owner, Chairman & Chief Imagination Officer - INTERCOT

Post Thanks / Like

John, that is one of our favorite Simpsons sketches, and we'll be reciting "The monorail?" "The monorail!" a LOT over the next week!
    Christi

2014: May--POR & US/IOA; Nov--POR (1st rD--JJ5k!)
    2013: May--POR
    2012: Jun--POP; Aug--POP/Hard Rock
    2011: Aug/Sept--US/IOA; Nov--POFQ
    2010: Dec--CSR
    2009: Sept--Poly GVCL
    2008: Sept--POFQ
    2007: Jan/Feb--POR; Sept: POFQ
    2004: Oct--CSR
    1987: off-site

Post Thanks / Like

my dh and i were on the monorail one day humming the "monorail" song. this 9 year old kid starts singing with us and we finish with jazz hands and everything. the kid's parents just looked at us strangely and pulled their kid away from us
    last trip AKL may '06
    first trip 1973

Post Thanks / Like

No no, you had it right for a moment there and should have stopped half way through. MISSOURI it is...has to be because a real estate agent near Bull Shoals Lake told us almost 20 years ago that all the property she was showing us would be worth a fortune when the new Mid America WDW was built. "Show Me State", indeed.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mac badger View Post
    my dh and i were on the monorail one day humming the "monorail" song. this 9 year old kid starts singing with us and we finish with jazz hands and everything. the kid's parents just looked at us strangely and pulled their kid away from us
    Ha Ha!! I would've done jazz hands with you too! Hope we meet up on the monorail oneday!!!
    Lisa
    Multiple visits over Multiple years
    30 plus stays at Disney's Polynesian resort

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe they are building a park here in Florida. No wait, they have done that already.
    Your attention please, the Walt Disney World Railroad is now boarding for a trip around the Magic Kingdom

Post Thanks / Like

HMMM theyve done bus service I wonder if Disney Airlines could be next?

Or there is always the Hawaii resort

Or they could be doing something with the cruise ships

I know disney is going to release its own line of hybrid cars completly theamed like disney movies!

There are always so many rumors when disney makes an announcement I wonder how they get started
    DEC 2005 Pop Century
    Oct 2006 Old Key West
    Dec 2007 All Star Sports
    Sept 2008 Pop Century

February 2012 off property!

Post Thanks / Like

Is this just another push for DVC?
    Offsite...(12/97 & 10/99)
    DL...(10/02 & 5/05)
    CBR/Disney Wonder 2004, AllStar Music 2004, AKL 2006, POP 2006, POP 2007, Poly 2007, BWI 2007, WL 2008, CSR 2009, Poly 2009, CBR 2010, AKL 2011...

Post Thanks / Like

The more this gets hyped, the more underwhelming the actual announcement will likely be.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: