Quantcast Disney with big annoucement - Page 2
 
INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
 

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 41
  1. #21
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Atlanta, GA.
    Posts
    948
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    They’ve finally perfected the teleportation system from the old Alien Encounter attraction and will be setting up new teleportation stations in various cities around the country starting early next year. The project is expected to be completed by late 2010. Disney will be accepting applications starting next month to become the first family to be teleported directly to their resort at WDW. That would truly be a first!
    Have you wished upon a star lately?

    ºoººoººoººoººoººoººoººoº

    David (aka-BigDisneyDad)

  2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
  3. #22
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Sandwich, IL
    Posts
    8,207
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Is this just another push for DVC?
    Oh...and as to the announcement.....

    The Villas at Disney's Contemporary resort.....purchase your points now.....

    ...details at 11
    That was my first thought . . .
    Carol (aka KylesMom)
    INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous & Trip Reports
    Last Trip: ICOT 15
    Happy A/P Holder 2002 - 2011

  4. #23
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Howell, NJ
    Posts
    5,947
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    maybe its them announcing more about the four seasons resort opening up on disney poperty...
    *bRiTTaNy*
    35 trips to WDW already...
    May 2012 - Daughters first trip - one bedroom Villa at Wilderness Lodge
    Sept 2012 - Pirate room at CBR
    Dec 2014 - SSR -second daughters first trip and my older daughters 5th Birthday!!

  5. #24
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Chuckey, TN
    Posts
    1,230
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DizNee143 View Post
    maybe its them announcing more about the four seasons resort opening up on disney poperty...
    That project is a "First for the Disney Company".
    Steve

    Ohana means family....
    Schultzy means crazy family!

    Last Trip: November 2015 At POP

    Next Trip: May 2017 at POP...again. Unless the FP+ thing isn't worked out. Then we'll go to Dollywood. Or just stay home and look at pictures.

  6. #25
    lockedoutlogic Guest

    Default

    here's my guess:

    I'm guessing that everyone will still be guessing as to what the announcement is on the morning of the 19th....

  7. #26
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Lansing, MI
    Posts
    449
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Another site posted about it possibly being a touring group to bring prizes to specific cities around the country to start off the next celebration...

    They were putting out casting calls to alums it said.
    May 2007 All Star Music
    Oct 2003 All Star Music
    May 2000 Old Key West
    June 1996 Dixie Landings
    May 1987 Offsite
    May 1982 Offsite

  8. #27
    Join Date
    Apr 1999
    Location
    Dallas, TX (1424.06 miles from the Disneyland Resort)
    Posts
    1,129
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    This is just gonna be an announcement regarding the replacement of YOAMD, some kind of Disney Celebration. A marketing announcement only from what I hear.

  9. #28
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    INTERCOT, U.S.A.
    Posts
    31,934
    Post Thanks / Like

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by MegaDisney View Post
    This is just gonna be an announcement regarding the replacement of YOAMD, some kind of Disney Celebration. A marketing announcement only from what I hear.
    That's what I heard, too, but that doesn't really fit too well with the press release.

    What is the "first in the history of the Walt Disney Company"?
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

    Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

    Next trip:

    April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

    Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

  10. #29
    Join Date
    Apr 1999
    Location
    Dallas, TX (1424.06 miles from the Disneyland Resort)
    Posts
    1,129
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    What is the "first in the history of the Walt Disney Company"?
    Maybe the first time in Disney History that the marketing campain actually lives up to the hype???

  11. #30
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    INTERCOT, U.S.A.
    Posts
    31,934
    Post Thanks / Like

    Talking

    Quote Originally Posted by MegaDisney View Post
    Maybe the first time in Disney History that the marketing campain actually lives up to the hype???
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

    Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

    Next trip:

    April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

    Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

  12. #31
    lockedoutlogic Guest

    Default

    wow....convenient how they "unveiled" the new DVC units right before our eyes this morning.....and put feelers out for a "big" announcement on thursday....

    this is just another tired marketing stunt....

    and sadly, it's indicative of where things are going...

    The economic times are getting progressively worse....we could be in for a real crash...not an "adjustment" or "slowdown" as the suits keep telling you.

    and Disney is going to the place where they always go when travel bends back:

    1. elimination of components of their parks
    2. no new developments of any significance for the forseeable future
    3. REALLY beating everybody over the head with DVC......(what happens when people don't have alot of cash laying around? sell timeshares to those that already have too much laying around)


    not a good day for disney...in my opinion.

    as much as the contemporary will probably be a hit.....i don't like that they felt the need to further exploit every square inch of the Saratoga area.....especially since i don't think they did a good job in providing enough amenities there already.

  13. #32
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Lansing, MI
    Posts
    449
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    COPIED FROM ANOTHER SITE:

    Our last tidbit is far more interesting however, and is the most likely concept due to it’s heavy detail. It seems a new mailer has been showing up looking for help from former Disney “College Program” members in select cities claiming that “Disney Parks” is going on tour around the country to “bring the magic of Disney” to 30 different cities over the Fall and Winter months. It goes on to describe how they want to roll out an army of colorful vehicles “from Town Square to Times Square” that will give away tons of free prizes, balloons and entire people to enter some big contest promotion to win a trip to one of the Disney Theme Parks. If true, this is clearly some kind of build up to next year’s big promotion to replace the Year of a Million Dreams. As for the army of themed cars traveling the roads of the country, it sounds like they’re borrowing a page from SeaWorld’s old Shamu Across America promotion from a few years back where Busch Entertainment rolled out about 30 custom painted themed VW Bettles that look like killer whales and sent them off to drive all around the country.
    To cap off, we’ve been sent what looks like the rough unofficial list of 30 cities and dates that the tour may use. From the look of things, it looks like there will be three tour legs, one for the East Coast, one for the West Coast and one for the central states so I’ve divided things up by region.
    West Coast Tour: Jan 19-Vancouver, Jan 21-Seattle, Jan 23-Portland, Jan 27-Sacramento, Feb 2-San Francisco, Feb 4-Frenso, Feb 9-Las Vegas, Feb 11-Salt Lake City, Feb 16-Denver, Feb 20-Phoenix
    Central Tour Group: Sept 25-Minneapolis, Sept 29-Chicago, Oct 1-Milwaukee, Oct 3-Detroit, Oct 10-Pittburgh, Oct 8-Cincinnati, Oct 10-Indianapolis, Oct 14-Dallas, Oct 16-Houston, Oct 20-New Orleans
    East Coast Tour: Sept 24-Toronto, Sept 29-Boston, Oct 1-Providence, Oct 3-New York, Oct 6-Hartford, Oct 8-Philadelphia, Oct 10-Baltimore, Oct 13- Washington DC, Oct 15-Charlotte, Oct 17-Atlanta.
    May 2007 All Star Music
    Oct 2003 All Star Music
    May 2000 Old Key West
    June 1996 Dixie Landings
    May 1987 Offsite
    May 1982 Offsite

  14. #33
    lockedoutlogic Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cvzdesign View Post
    COPIED FROM ANOTHER SITE:

    Our last tidbit is far more interesting however, and is the most likely concept due to it’s heavy detail. It seems a new mailer has been showing up looking for help from former Disney “College Program” members in select cities claiming that “Disney Parks” is going on tour around the country to “bring the magic of Disney” to 30 different cities over the Fall and Winter months. It goes on to describe how they want to roll out an army of colorful vehicles “from Town Square to Times Square” that will give away tons of free prizes, balloons and entire people to enter some big contest promotion to win a trip to one of the Disney Theme Parks. If true, this is clearly some kind of build up to next year’s big promotion to replace the Year of a Million Dreams. As for the army of themed cars traveling the roads of the country, it sounds like they’re borrowing a page from SeaWorld’s old Shamu Across America promotion from a few years back where Busch Entertainment rolled out about 30 custom painted themed VW Bettles that look like killer whales and sent them off to drive all around the country.
    To cap off, we’ve been sent what looks like the rough unofficial list of 30 cities and dates that the tour may use. From the look of things, it looks like there will be three tour legs, one for the East Coast, one for the West Coast and one for the central states so I’ve divided things up by region.
    West Coast Tour: Jan 19-Vancouver, Jan 21-Seattle, Jan 23-Portland, Jan 27-Sacramento, Feb 2-San Francisco, Feb 4-Frenso, Feb 9-Las Vegas, Feb 11-Salt Lake City, Feb 16-Denver, Feb 20-Phoenix
    Central Tour Group: Sept 25-Minneapolis, Sept 29-Chicago, Oct 1-Milwaukee, Oct 3-Detroit, Oct 10-Pittburgh, Oct 8-Cincinnati, Oct 10-Indianapolis, Oct 14-Dallas, Oct 16-Houston, Oct 20-New Orleans
    East Coast Tour: Sept 24-Toronto, Sept 29-Boston, Oct 1-Providence, Oct 3-New York, Oct 6-Hartford, Oct 8-Philadelphia, Oct 10-Baltimore, Oct 13- Washington DC, Oct 15-Charlotte, Oct 17-Atlanta.

    wishes....magic....dreams....wonder


    (oh come....i couldn't resist)

  15. #34
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Manassas, VA
    Posts
    911
    Post Thanks / Like

    Post

    Oops, I got my dates mixed up! I thought the announcement was today?!! So we have to wait 2 more days!!?? Is is going to be announced online like they did for the Seaworld announcement? Where can I watch for it?

    Shhhh- but a little bird I know said something Disney is going to happen around DC or Northern VA.!! ?? I dont have much info.

    C'mon Thursday!

  16. #35
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    16 Long Hours from WDW
    Posts
    730
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Disney's America

    I was upset when the plans for the 'America' theme park outside of Washington, DC was scrapped. We would have been about an hour and a half from it

    Hopefully, they might try something like that again...
    VMK - Electro_Stitch
    World of Tanks - jjramsey
    VFK was - ElectroStitch

    WDW:
    1 wk - '92
    1 wk - '93
    1 day - '00
    2 wks - '01
    1 month at one time! - '02
    2 wks - '03
    2 wks - '04 - during two of the hurricanes
    4+ wks - '06
    2+ wks - '07
    2 wks - '10
    2 wks - '11

    ...the next trip is...

  17. #36
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Greensboro, NC
    Posts
    668
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    lockedoutlogic, why the negativity to Saratoga? Saratoga is a nice resort and as far as I know, it's not overcrowded. Disney, contrary to what some might think, isn't clueless and while yes, it is a business, consider how large America is and how small WDW is. There's LOTS of people who want DVC space. Be it Saratoga, Villas, BLT, etc. I personally like DVC, and at first, wasn't at all fond of it. It's a great program IMO and huge flexibility IMO.
    AJ (A.K.A. Figaro)
    Former Walt Disney World Resort Cast Member


    “I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse.” - Walt Disney

  18. #37
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    82
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Announcement

    Whatever the announcement my browser is set for 12:00 PM, sounds exciting.

  19. #38
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Chuckey, TN
    Posts
    1,230
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    The only big news so far is that you can get into the parks for free on your birthday or anniversary in 2009.

    Woo.
    Steve

    Ohana means family....
    Schultzy means crazy family!

    Last Trip: November 2015 At POP

    Next Trip: May 2017 at POP...again. Unless the FP+ thing isn't worked out. Then we'll go to Dollywood. Or just stay home and look at pictures.

  20. #39
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Chuckey, TN
    Posts
    1,230
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    They're calling it:

    "What Will You Celebrate?"
    Steve

    Ohana means family....
    Schultzy means crazy family!

    Last Trip: November 2015 At POP

    Next Trip: May 2017 at POP...again. Unless the FP+ thing isn't worked out. Then we'll go to Dollywood. Or just stay home and look at pictures.

  21. #40
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    NE PA
    Posts
    3,022
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Nanci Rossetti
    Vacation Specialist
    Magical Journeys
    http://www.yourmagicaljourneys.com
    The Magic begins with YOU!
    The Official Travel Agency of INTERCOT.com

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

 
Company
Advertising
Guest Relations
Community
Discussion Boards
Podcast
Newsletter
Shop
Social
Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube
Pinterest
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Enter your email address below to receive our newsletter:
INTERCOT Logo PRIVACY STATEMENT / DISCLAIMER | DISCUSSION BOARD RULES
© Since 1997 INTERCOT - a Levelbest Communications Website. This is not an official Disney website.
> Levelbest Network Site