Quantcast Monday (10/6) is the big day...

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Monday (10/6) is the big day...

Ds is leaving for Marine bootcamp and the next 13 weeks will be the toughest in his life. Any prayers for health and no injuries during this time would be appreciated.

I would also appreciate a little pixie dust myself to make it through the swearing in. I am so proud of him but I cry at tv commercials. I want to make it through MEPS with make up intact.

Ooh Rah!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

His training will be tough, but if this is something he's chosen, it will also be one of the most defining, fulfilling times of his life. Marine "boot" is the toughest of all, (I think), but it's kind of like being an Olympian. When he's done, he's not going to look the same, think the same, or act the same. He will go into those gates looking at how high the "bar" is, and walk out knowing he cleared it !

Go ahead and cry, everybody else's mom will be, and your DS will be thinking, "It's O.K. mom, you'll be fine". He'll be back in Jan., and you'll celebrate Christmas late, and you'll look at him and think, "Gosh, he's georgeous."

Next trip to Disney, you can stay at SOG, and he can be Veteran of the Day, and you'll probably cry again. (Tears aren't just for sad - they're for happy, and for button poppin proud.)

P.S. Can't wait to meet you in Phoenix!
    REMEMBER WHO YOU ARE!!
    1998 Shades of Green
    1999, 2000,2001, Shades of Green
    2002 Contemporary - 2003 Contemporary - 2004, 2005,2006, Shades of Green
    Dec. 2007 First trip to Disneyland
    Dec. 2008 Shades of Green & JQ "meet"

Post Thanks / Like

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your son. Bring a big box of tissues. No one will think anything about it. They may even ask to borrow some of the tissues.
    Also, tell him thank you for making this committment to serve.
    Rhonda

Trips to WDW: Priceless

Impossible is not a word.

Post Thanks / Like

I read your post with a smile... I am so proud of him. I don't know you, and don't know him, but every single one of our men and women that put their lives on the line and fight for this country everyday (or train to do so) make me so proud of the US.

Tell your son we are thinkin about him and wishing him all the courage and strength in the world.

And pixie dust for you too mom!
    Day trips:
    WAAAAAY too many to count...

AKL Mar 7-9 One Year Anniversary!

Post Thanks / Like

From a Marine wife to a Marine Mom, here's wishing all the best to your son (and YOU!) as he embarks upon this journey.

And, don't be ashamed to cry. You won't be the only one, and it WON'T be the first time in his career! He might shed a tear or two as well, although he'll try to hide it.

Best of luck to him, and here's hoping for strength of mind and body to carry him through.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

God bless you and your son, and here's hoping for no injuries and a successful boot camp. Hang in there - he'll be one of the few and the proud before you know it!

Post Thanks / Like

I sent you a PM.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

Sending you both lots of pixie dust.
    Don't be worried about crying, I'm sure it won't be the first time you have cried over your son and it won't be the last time. I bet I can make you cry right now.....

Just think how handsome he will be walking out of the church under the swords of his fellow marines on his wedding day with the with the sun glistening off the swords and his medals that are pinned to his chest and how nice he looks in the dress blues with the white gloves and he's marrying the girl of his dreams and you love her just as much as he does.

See.... now you have something else to look forward to crying over.
    God bless your son in his new career.
    Dolphin & POFQ 2010

POFQ 2008

ALL STAR MUSIC August 2007

POP August 2006

Coronado Springs 2005

DCL trip December 2005

WDW DOLPHIN July 2004

WDW DOLPHIN JUNE 2002

WDW DOLPHIN March 1998

WDW OFF PROPERTY March 1994

DL Honeymoon 1987

Post Thanks / Like

You should be proud and it's okay to cry.
    Kelly

4/98 Offsite
    11/03 Make a Wish Trip
    8/05, 4/07, 4/08, 4/09, 4/11, 4/12, 4/13, 4.14
    Sheraton Vistana Resort
    11/07 Hilton Grand Vacations Sea World

Next Trip: 04/15 Sheraton Vistana

Give the Gift of Life; Be an Organ Donor!!

Post Thanks / Like

Hope you made it through the day without too much pain.

Please tell your son how proud we all are of him.

Best wishes and pixie dust and prayers headed your way.

Post Thanks / Like

I can guarantee for the first 2 weeks, he will hate it! He will question why he chose to do that, and will pray every night that he wants to go home. But by the third week, he will begin to realize that he made the right decision, and things will start coming easier for him. Don't get me wrong, it will be tough, but he will know the routine. Then he will start getting ready for the crucible. 72 hours of pure hell for them, but they will be trained enough, that by working together, they will make it thru that as a team. Then come graduation, where he will see you for the first time since leaving. He will be a different person. Grown up, mature, and you will see that he's ready to face the world, no matter what is thrown at him. The worse part about the graduation ceremony was the photos they showed while the song "On the Bumber of my SUV", sang by Chely Wright was playing. I cried like a baby, so don't go to graduation without kleenex's!
    I am already proud of your Marine!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: