Quantcast Ordering Celebration cakes

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Question Ordering Celebration cakes

With the new Celebration theme for '09, any word on how to order cakes for special events? We're able to make our ADRs on Sunday for March and want to have our anniversary dinner at Narcoosee's. Should I just let the CM know I'd like a special cake for that meal? Do you think they might be able to make a mini-recreation of our wedding cake if I have pix for them?
    DW of lotrfan
    Offsite - '81-'86
    DL - '89, '97, '05
    POFQ - '94, '95
    FW - '96
    POR - '98, '01
    CBR - '08 (Honeymoon)
    AsMo - '09 (Princess 5K & 1st Anniversary)
    DCL - Dec. '11 (30th b-day gift)

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

so when i made my adr's for our upcoming trip in january, i told the cm taking my call that we will be celebrating my son's 3rd b-day. At the end of the call she gave me a phone number to order special cakes. told me that i would have to call 48 hours in advance to when i would want the cake. i'm not sure if i can put the number on here...but if you would like it, you can pm me.
    Sam
    DVC owner at SSR/AKL
    Past Trips:
    POP: 4/15-23 08, 1/27-2/4 09, 12/2-12 09
    AKL SV: 4/25-5/4 12

Disneyland Hotel: 9/29-10/2,12/2-4 2011
    Upcoming:
    GCA 4/19-21 2013 Dream/WDW Oct 16th-26th 2013

Post Thanks / Like

Order an special cake with more then 48 hours notice if you can. The 48 hours is really for last minute. I had ordered my son a special cake when we celebrated his 4th birthday and gave them a weeks notice just to be on the safe side.

It was the best tasting cake ever and it was at the restaurant on the day and time of our ADR and didn't even need to tell the CM that we special ordered on.

When you do call to order, have a few ideas in mind of what character you would like on the cake. They can't do all characters due to some licensing issues but they will let you know if there are any problems.
    [COLOR="Red"]3 trips prior to 2000
    2000-GF
    2003-GF
    2006-BCV & WLV
    2007-WLV & BWV
    2008-CBR & SSR
    2009-WLV, YC & Disney Wonder
    2010-CBR, POLY, SSR & Disney Magic
    2011-ASMu, Disney Dream,SSR, CONTEMP,POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

If you want a mini-recreation of your wedding cake, you're definitely dining at the right resort. The GF bakery regularly produces some beautiful work, but there's definitely a price tag to match the quality of work. I imagine you have already made your ADR for dinner. Call WDW-Dine and ask for the Bakery's number, or you can call the resort directly at 407/824-3000.

Good luck! I'd love to see some pictures of the final results!
    Ellen
    INTERCOT Staff: Dining, Disney Cruise Line, Guests with Special Needs

Next up:
    Christmas with the Mouse
    President's Week 2013

Post Thanks / Like

thanks about more notice about the 48 hours. now i know that more notice is better. can't wait to try the yummy cake.
    Last edited by LuvsTigger80; 10-23-2008 at 08:22 PM. Reason: spelling
    Sam
    DVC owner at SSR/AKL
    Past Trips:
    POP: 4/15-23 08, 1/27-2/4 09, 12/2-12 09
    AKL SV: 4/25-5/4 12

Disneyland Hotel: 9/29-10/2,12/2-4 2011
    Upcoming:
    GCA 4/19-21 2013 Dream/WDW Oct 16th-26th 2013

Post Thanks / Like

Our cake was pretty simple. It was just white buttercream with colored fondant circles and Mickeys on it. Here's a picture. The cake itself was devil's food cake, fresh raspberries, raspberry chambord mousse, and also genoise cake with fresh strawberries and vanilla mousse.

Any idea how much it would cost or what you have paid for cakes in the past? Does anyone have pictures of their celebration cakes, as well?

Thanks so much for all the responses so far! I'll be sure to ask for the number to call to order cakes when we make our ressies on Sunday morning.
    DW of lotrfan
    Offsite - '81-'86
    DL - '89, '97, '05
    POFQ - '94, '95
    FW - '96
    POR - '98, '01
    CBR - '08 (Honeymoon)
    AsMo - '09 (Princess 5K & 1st Anniversary)
    DCL - Dec. '11 (30th b-day gift)

Post Thanks / Like

The GF Bakery could most definitely reproduce the cake for you and will more than likely want to see a picture. They bake cakes with the following flavors:
    Yellow · Chocolate · Marble · Carrot · Red Velvet · Lemon · Orange · Almond

The fillings they have available include:
    White Chocolate Mousse · White Chocolate Mousse · Dark Chocolate Mousse · Milk Chocolate Mousse · Raspberry Mousse · Orange Mousse · Amaretto Mousse · Strawberry Mousse · Passion Fruit Mousse · German Chocolate · Buttercream · Cream Cheese · Peanut Butter · Peanut Butter Cup (chocolate and peanut butter mousses layered together) · Bavarian Cream · Bailey's Mousse · Blackberry Mousse · Mocha Mousse · Fresh Strawberries · Fresh Raspberries · White Chocolate Mousse with Fresh Strawberries · Bavarian Cream with Fresh Strawberries · Passion Fruit Mousse with Fresh Raspberries · Dark Chocolate Mousse with Fresh Raspberries · Strawberry Mousse with Fresh Strawberries · Raspberry Mousse with Fresh Raspberries

Sorry I can't help with the pricing... they'll be able to help you with those details. But please share with us what you find out!
    Ellen
    INTERCOT Staff: Dining, Disney Cruise Line, Guests with Special Needs

Next up:
    Christmas with the Mouse
    President's Week 2013