Quantcast Photopass Resort Portraits - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Dang! I wish I had known about this 2 weeks ago! We are wanting a family photo done and this would have been PERFECT! Bummer.

~Amanda
    "They punch a hole in the sky with FIRE and MATH!" - Gary podcast #19

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Has anyone had any of the resort pictures taken at any of the other resorts? Other than Grand Floridian? I'd like to schedule one of these visits and can't decide which resort to reserve. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Can you set up a time for portraits after you get there, or is this something else you need to ahead of time? This would be great for our upcoming (138 days) trip where we will be celebrating our anniversary!
    Claudie

Disney Dream Cruise October 2011
    Grand Californian 2010
    Saratoga Springs/3 day Bahama Cruise 2009
    Animal Kingdom Lodge 2008 (DVC)
    POR August 2007
    CBR January 1991
    WDW offsite 1987
    Disneyland 2 times

Post Thanks / Like

This sounds great. I would love to do it, but I worry about it eating too much of our time.
    "That’s the real trouble with the world, too many people grow up." ~Walt Disney

Disneyland 1987
    WDW 1992
    POFQ 6/25/01-7/1/01
    POP 6/26/06-7/1/06
    POP 8/4/08-8/9/08
    POR 8/5/09-8/12/09
    POR 10/27-10/31
    Next Trip- POR 6/23-6/28

Post Thanks / Like

Agreed!! This would have to be something that is done on Day 1 or 2 for sure!!
    John (aka HndrdPrcnt)

DL CM 1987 - 1994
    CM WDW Trips 87,89,90,92
    CBR 1994
    Beach Club 1998
    All Stars 2000
    POP Sept 25-Oct 2 2006

Post Thanks / Like

Hi...newbie here. Stumbled across these boards just last week and have picked up so much info! Found out about pre-purchasing the photo CD from here. Couldn't find anything about buying this in advance on the disneyphotopass website. But found a link on one of the other posts and was able to find it. I got a photo CD last year and loved being able to print whatever I wanted after I got home.

Wanted to clear one thing up....someone posted the following...

If you aren't a WDW resort guest, you can't pre-purchase the CD so I don't think you could get the same discounts as a resort guest.
    I'm not staying onsite and just purchased my pre-purchase CD for $99.95. Never even asked when I was coming down or where I was staying. Great news for all us staying off site.

I do have another questions...maybe someone knows the answer. I am going to WDW with my best friend's family (more like a sister). Its me, husband, 2 yr son, my mom, neice, best friend, her husband, 2 yr son and her dad. We are planning to combine our pics on to 1 CD to split the cost. But if we set up a private session at one of the resort, will we have to have all of our pics together as one big group or would they take pics of each family. We would like some of both We are thinking of setting up one of these sessions and had hoped we could split that cost as well. I hope all of that made sense and I didn't ramble too much!

Also, we are having breakfast at 'Ohana's at the Polynesian. I've never stayed there and was wondering if it would be a nice place to have some pics made.

Thanks for any info anyone has. Again....love the discussion boards.

Post Thanks / Like

how cool! we were just at the WL and thought that photopass would be such a good idea at the resorts - we did the 99$ pre order and it was great! im so looking forward to next year!
    playdead88

boardwalk villas may 2005
    boardwalk villas may 2006
    beach club villas april 2007

wilderness lodge april 2008
    DVC member april 08
    animal kingdom villas may 09

Post Thanks / Like

Another quick question. Do you pay for the session when you make your appointment or the day you have your pictures made? Was thinking of just going ahead and setting the session up but didn't want to fool with having to get a refund if we change our mind because we still aren't certain we are going to have it done.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm so glad I found this post! I just booked a session for my family for two weeks away @ SSR, our home DVC resort.

The CM said that the sitting was $50, or they would burn the CD for me right there for $124.99+tax and add the pics to our Photo Pass Card. She said that we then take the Photo Pass Card for the remainder of the vacation, and have the pics burnt to the CD at the end of the vacation at any camera center.
    Karen

DVC Owners at SSR & BLT
    1994-Offsite Honeymoon
    2003-May ASM-1st Time for Kids
    2005-Feb AKL
    2006-May SSR
    2006-Aug OKW
    2007-May VWL
    2007-Aug SSR
    2008- May BWV
    2009- Aug Cruise (Wonder) & WDW
    2009 -Dec Last minute Christmas trip
    2010-May BLT

2011- Aug- DISNEY DREAM!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know why my brain isn't processing this information, BUT....

If we pre-buy the CD and pay for the Photo Session on Day 1 of our trip, could we then add our other Photo Pass pictures to the CD for free? I find the Photo Pass pictures to be crazy-expensive, but if we had the CD, I could just print away at home.

Hopefully this hadn't been asked. I was a little late getting into the conversation and may have missed a post or two!
    Next trip - New Years 2018!

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry! I found my answer.

I am so excited - we did a Disney Photography session back in 2002, and it was awesome. I can't wait to do it now that we have to more people to put in the pictures!
    Next trip - New Years 2018!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DisnIse View Post
    I don't know why my brain isn't processing this information, BUT....

If we pre-buy the CD and pay for the Photo Session on Day 1 of our trip, could we then add our other Photo Pass pictures to the CD for free? I find the Photo Pass pictures to be crazy-expensive, but if we had the CD, I could just print away at home.

Hopefully this hadn't been asked. I was a little late getting into the conversation and may have missed a post or two!
    All of your photopass photos go onto the CD. You just have them scan the Photopass each time you get your picture taken. When you get home you can view all of your photos, crop, edit, add boarders, etc. Once you have everything on the CD the way you want them you then place the order for your CD.

The CD is great and well worth the money. We had over 500 pictures once we edited them. Even those that we cropped look great. You can't even tell whether the pics are originals or edits.
    Go Nashville Predators!
    9/09 ASMo
    10/08 ASMu
    9/07 Caribbean Beach
    1/07 Marriott - family trip

9/06 Coronado Springs

09/03 Coronado Springs - Honeymoon
    10/99 Coronado Springs

06/96 Old Key West
    07/93 Beach Club
    12/91 Offsite - High School Trip

Post Thanks / Like

Just Got Off The Phone With A Cm About The Photo Session You Book It 30 Days In Advance They Burn You A Cd And After Your Trip They Add All The Photos To It. That Are On Your Photopass Card.
    SEPT 6 -14 por AB

Post Thanks / Like

I'm trying to decide between SSR, GF and BC. Has anyone done any of these that can tell me more about where they take the pictures? Or has anyone seen pictures posted anywhere of these locations that I can view?

Thanks for your help!
    Go Nashville Predators!
    9/09 ASMo
    10/08 ASMu
    9/07 Caribbean Beach

9/06 Coronado Springs

10/99 Coronado Springs

06/96 Old Key West
    07/93 Beach Club

Post Thanks / Like

I just called and scheduled a session at the Poly for next month. We already pre-ordered the CD before I found out about the resort photos so the guy told me just to bring the confirmation on the purchase of the CD with me to show that we already paid that part. He said usually they charge $199.99 for the sitting fee and CD. Since we already have the CD paid for my sitting fee would be $75.00. I guess the $199.99 is $125.00 for the CD and $75.00 for the sitting fee. I guess maybe the prices have gone up? Either way we are due some family pictures and for an extra $75.00 I figure it will be well worth it. We usually spend at least that when we get family pictures from J.C. Penney. Having the CD will be a huge bonus and it's Disney. I'll try to remember to post a link to our pictures when we get back. I could barely find any info online which was kind of frustrating. The locations available are: GF, SS, Poly, BC, WL, and AKL.
    Michelle

Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.

Post Thanks / Like

Okay so I was printing my confirmation email for the Photopass pre-order CD and I noticed at the bottom there was some info about the resort photo sessions. Turns out the special $25.00 sitting fee is for Grand Floridian only. They require that you bring your pre-order confirmation number and it's like a coupon. I called back and changed my photo session from the Poly to GF thus saving $50.00. I hope this clears up some of the confusion. I guess it pays to read those confirmation emails carefully. The CM I talked to at the GF Photopass was really nice and I'm looking forward to the session!
    Michelle

Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info. I'll pay $25 for a photo session but definitely not $75.
    Go Nashville Predators!
    9/09 ASMo
    10/08 ASMu
    9/07 Caribbean Beach

9/06 Coronado Springs

10/99 Coronado Springs

06/96 Old Key West
    07/93 Beach Club

Post Thanks / Like

This is great news since we will be staying at the Poly for our 40th Anniversary. Would love to have these pictures on our CD. Will this being an ongoing thing through next year at least or do you think it is just a time limited promotional?
    I DO believe in fairies, I DO, I DO!

1977-2007 various resorts
    August 2007 CBR
    August 2009 Poly
    2010 July/August Ply
    2012 July BC & Christmas ASM
    2014 Sept BC
    2015 Sept BC Oct CS
    2016 May FQ Oct GF
    2017 Nov YC

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: