Quantcast Need your help with my book - First Aid Centers - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Keeping medicine

My DH is a type one diabetic do we have had extensive experience with the first aid center storing insulin which needs to be kept cold. We have never had a problem as it is easy access to the meds when you need them. The only problem we have had is you need to pick up your meds at least half an hour before the park closses and usually more time than that. We showed up about and hour before the fireworks one night and they had already shut up for the night. This is not usual, but did happen to us. Lucky for us we had more in our room and picked up the other supply in the morning which required and extra trip into the park and altered plans.
    șoș figgie șoș - Now living our dreams in sunny Florida close to the mouse!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I just have a quick word of praise for the first aide folks. We had an "incidents" where they were just magical.
    The first was at the AK when my daughter was about 8 yrs. old. She was petting a huge Simba stuffed animal outside the Mercantile store when she was stung by some kind of hornet/bee which had been in Simba's mane. Of course she started to cry and, no exaggeration here, as if by magic a cast member "appeared" from around a bush (she may have appeared from the bush for all I know) and looked at my daughters hand then whisked us all away to the first aide center. My daughter had a bad allergic reaction to the sting and one finger swelled way up. The nurse at the aide station gave her some benadryl and some kind of cream and told us what to watch for. She instructed us to return to the aide station in whichever park we were at over the next couple of days. We did this daily as DD's had a finger that remained very very swollen. The folks at the first aide stations were awesome.
    Jeff

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: