Quantcast Water filter jugs

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Water filter jugs

Hoping this isn't too weird of a question...

I, personally, think the water at WDW tastes funky. I know I can't be the only one out there who feels this way. Has anyone tried bringing one of the water filter containers (such as Brita) to help with the taste? I don't really want to buy bottled water the entire time we are there...

Any tips are appreciated!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

The water is funky not just at WDW but everywhere in Florida!

I've not tried the filter bottles but you could also try those Crystal Lite flavor packets. You'll still be drinking water but with a nicer taste.
    Shelley, Happy DW of bear_necessity.
    DVC owners: SSR since 2007
    Remain seated please. Permenecer sentados, por favor.

Last trip: DLHotel in May
    Next trip: ?? Vero maybe...

Post Thanks / Like

I have a Brita single use water bottle with a filter top, which I use all the time at DW, as I too don't like the taste of the water. Unfortunately, you can't buy them anymore, but there must be another company that does. I even use it to filter water for brushing my teeth etc., works great. Paying upwards of $3 a bottle for water just hurts in too many ways.
    șOș Dianne șOș

You must make a Choice to take a Chance or your life will never Change

Post Thanks / Like

As Shelley said, it is FL water in general that has that taste. I lived there for 2 years and it was just horrible. In some places, even a Brita or the other brand (can't remember) that you attach to the faucet don't help.

We bring our own bottled water into the parks and have never had a problem. We go to a local grocery store and pick up a 20 pack or whatever (this way we have some for at the room too) and stick a few bottles into my son's diaper bag. Then once we've drank them, we refill them at a water fountain and use the Crystal Light or Kool-Aid packets, which really do help to hide the FL water taste.
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." - Walt Disney
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)

Once You Go, You Know
    Visit the World you used to know...

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone! I think I will try the pitcher. I brought those packets last time and I still tasted "the funk" even through the added flavoring. I'll give the filter a whirl this time!

Post Thanks / Like

Equally bad is the Dasani (Coke) water. We usually order a large case of water from the Garden Grocer to get a better brand while still keeping the cost down.
    Beth & David

09/82 Treehouse Villas, 06/86 BVP, 10/95 CBR, 10/99 DI, 08/03 PORS, 10/05 POP, 11/06 AKL, 09/09 POLY, 10/10 Wonder, 05/11 Dream/PORS, 08/13 POLY, 11/13 GF, 04/15 POLY, 11/15 BLT, 11/16 Aulani, 03/17 BLT, 08/18 BLT, 07/19 AKL, 06/21 BLT

Post Thanks / Like

I often bring my 5 cup Bretta water pitcher with me on vacation and my stainless steel water bottle to refill. While in the parks I will ask for a large cup of water and refill my water bottle with that. The pitcher can hold small items in my suitcase, so the space it takes up isn’t a total loss. 5 cup pitchers are hard to find, I got mine on amazon. Beware of crushing in the suitcase, I have a hard shell.
    nicci
    1975 Off Site
    1993 Dixie Landings
    1995 Dixie Landings
    1999 ASM
    2004 CSR
    2006 ASM
    2007 CBR
    2009 CBR
    2019 CBR
    DL 1971 to now - too many times to count, DL AP holder & Disney stockholder

Post Thanks / Like

ShopRite still sells the filtered water bottle. So does Amazon. I've been traveling with them for years.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: